User Controls

Everybody has a "her"

You read that and you thought of "her." It doesn't matter specifically who it is, you all did it. You can't help it. Every man has a her, you simply hear the word and in that brief second you have no choice but to think of her. That bitch. That one that got away. That whore, that discount whore. You hate that bitch. You love that bitch. You loved that bitch. You miss that bitch, but you still hate that bitch.

Maybe she's crazy, maybe she's dead, maybe she's really fucking sweet and you regret everyday messing things up with her. Maybe you're with her. Maybe you regret the whole thing. Whoever she is, you can't stop thinking about her. If you're lucky, you don't want to stop thinking about her. For the rest of us, she will sit forever in our memory, at least maybe until the next "her" comes along. One can only hope.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I thought of that shitty movie tbh...
    That really was a shitty movie. She was a bigger whore than I am.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Here is what i thought exactly:

Sophie reads: Everyone has a "her".

Sophie thought: What? Like a gf? Then i thought of my gf.
    I thought of that shitty movie tbh…

same
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink

haha yeah... that was pretty bad. I never saw "lost in translation" until after seeing "her" and for such an acclaimed movie it was already very dated.
    what was already dated? lost in translation or her?

i've seen the former and the only thing I liked about it was the sets & scenery. beautiful looking film, made me wanna go to tokyo.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    what was already dated? lost in translation or her?

i've seen the former and the only thing I liked about it was the sets & scenery. beautiful looking film, made me wanna go to tokyo.

lost in translation. The only thing I like about the movie is the sound track.

I thought you meant we are all transvestites deep down on the inside.. yeah.. I want to be the little girl.
    *uns uns uns*
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged

Me too, and i t wasn't that bad, definitely better than the vast majority.

Oh, and something I've thought: If they were so advanced why didn't they give humanity their knowledge so they could better their lives and one day join them, or, better yet, assimilate them? What a bunch of fucking cunts, some love she had.

I honestly don't have a "her" and don't form crushes. I can't remember having a crush since my teenage years, and to be honest I think it was usually on anime characters (There's just one I can remember). Hahaha, oh, autism. Right from the start I understood how most infatuations and relationships were largely founded upon the effects of superficial characteristics and their clouding emotional impact and I didn't like it. I remember fluctuating on my position on whether to abstain from masturbation, renunciation of hedonic elitism or using as a tool for development/mastery over the self and having a particular disdain for romantic love and attraction and the strength of the impact of the biological imperative cluster.
    Here is what i thought exactly:

Sophie reads: Everyone has a "her".

Sophie thought: What? Like a gf? Then i thought of my gf.

That's good! That means you (hopefully) fall into the "love that bitch" category.
    Me too, and i t wasn't that bad, definitely better than the vast majority.

Oh, and something I've thought: If they were so advanced why didn't they give humanity their knowledge so they could better their lives and one day join them, or, better yet, assimilate them? What a bunch of fucking cunts, some love she had.

I honestly don't have a "her" and don't form crushes. I can't remember having a crush since my teenage years, and to be honest I think it was usually on anime characters (There's just one I can remember). Hahaha, oh, autism. Right from the start I understood how most infatuations and relationships were largely founded upon the effects of superficial characteristics and their clouding emotional impact and I didn't like it. I remember fluctuating on my position on whether to abstain from masturbation, renunciation of hedonic elitism or using as a tool for development/mastery over the self and having a particular disdain for romantic love and attraction and the strength of the impact of the biological imperative cluster.

The combination of thinking 'Her" was a better movie than the majority and the autistic "I don't form crushes love is just a chemical reaction" is perfect, it is the perfect combination to perfectly display your robotic tendencies. Congratulations! You're missing out on a big part of what makes being human feel human. Do you feel its for the better? Do you ever miss it?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    That's good! That means you (hopefully) fall into the "love that bitch" category.

I love her very much, it's rather inconvenient most of the time tbh. I'm also kind of in love with my little cousin, because i am weird like that. Would be great to live in a cult where i could marry both... Polyamory is a helluva thing.
    The combination of thinking 'Her" was a better movie than the majority and the autistic "I don't form crushes love is just a chemical reaction" is perfect, it is the perfect combination to perfectly display your robotic tendencies. Congratulations! You're missing out on a big part of what makes being human feel human. Do you feel its for the better? Do you ever miss it?

It was. Do you have a good mental image of what the majority of all movies produced are like? They're garbage, they cater to the tastes of the common man, which should make this completely unsurprising.

I knew what I was doing and still do, I'm perfectly aware. That isn't something I want to experience.
    I love her very much, it's rather inconvenient most of the time tbh. I'm also kind of in love with my little cousin, because i am weird like that. Would be great to live in a cult where i could marry both… Polyamory is a helluva thing.

How old is she?
    It was. Do you have a good mental image of what the majority of all movies produced are like? They're garbage, they cater to the tastes of the common man, which should make this completely unsurprising.

I knew what I was doing and still do, I'm perfectly aware. That isn't something I want to experience.

Her had a great premise imo, but it was poorly executed beyond that. "She" was the only noteworthy character.

Do you place any value at all in the experience? I feel you will say no, so why not? Do you place value in unique experiences? Would you like to travel, or try a certain drug, maybe play in a band on stage or well, you know what I'm getting at. Crushes and love are an innately human experience. You say you had crushes on anime characters, which I assume occurred after getting to know the character and feeling for them. Why couldn't the same go for humans? Why are they different?
    I've largely lost the desire to attempt serious communication with anyone, not out of a sense of elitism.

What is the purpose of living a "full" life? You achieve something, and then it passes. Countless moments passing. Is there a planck length for time? Ah, there is: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planck_time

Regardless, it's like moving in a finite stream, always trapped in the present. Related to experience, the hedonic treadmill is something everyone should understand; it gives you an insight to the cruelty (not literal) of biology.

What are memories other than shadows of experience? Of course there's a psychological impact of experience, everything rooted in/founded upon biology>physical/material reality (not suggesting there's any other), with status, for example, having a long-term impact, an effect on your self-perception. You could attempt to find alternatives and suppress negative impacts, and it is possible, but fighting against eons of evolution is rather difficult. That aside, you have countless moments past, think of all the hours that have gone by in years. What percent do you really think back on and how valuable and lasting were those moments really?

So you have these shadows of experience in your mind, being shifted by your natural biological triggers, rather than grasping the reins yourself, but, if you were in terrible pain, or had alzheimer's, or simply becoming older with a weakening body, various neurological and endocrine factors lowering your basal hedonic state, your experience, the constant repetitions, having reduced novelty, and to truly recall would be to experience, but you can never truly experience it again. When your standard mode is pain and suffering recalling a happy thought will not bring you fully to that level, like a point system, you have a set + points and are starting from a -. Then death comes and you return to the place you were before you were born, a state of non-existence unable to experience anything, and regardless of any comfort your aspirations may have given you while alive, for you, they amount to nothing, because there is no longer any you.

So what's the purpose of chasing hedonism or, more importantly, continuing to live, if you plan/expect to die? You could find your purpose in others, but clearly very few people devote themselves to attempting to find the mode of maximum altruism/utility gain for others, difficulty aside. The overwhelming majority have very poorly developed principles. Think of it, this moment I am happy, possibly the happiest, then I can likely expect no better. At which point in the continuum is this meaningful or, more importantly, the moment when life is no longer worth living?

I'm not concerned with hedonism or happiness, a "happy life" is an exceedingly crude goal.
    That was unexpectedly depressing

How flattering.

Related:

Human lives aren't worth living. Rise above humanity, achieve transhumanism or have your brain preserved until it's either achieved or the human race is annihilated.
Jump to Top