User Controls

Journalism and the Intelligence Community

Rizzo in a box African Astronaut [the rapidly lightproof ovariectomy]
    This topic is meant to spur conversation, get people's neurons firing and perhaps for someone to provide further historical context. These thoughts are not necessarily new or especially insightful, but I think maybe we can come to some interesting conclusions if we follow the blood stains.

Since at least 9/11 (although we can easily trace this back to Watergate and even further), the Intelligence community and the "Fourth Estate", the media class, have colluded and worked together against the best interests of the American people. Not only the American people, but the CIA and company have infiltrated most Western democracies like Germany and the UK. MSNBC pays people like Brennan. The sleaziness and corruption is plain for anyone to see, however I'd like to pose a question: isn't this what journalism was always meant to be?

Let's break down what journalism is supposed to be and what the IC is supposed to be: fundamentally they are both about gathering and disseminating information according to the needs of who they work for. This is not, I hope, idle chatter about semantics but a chance to look at these institutions in fresh eyes. My thesis is simple: journalism and intelligence operations are virtually indistinguishable, even without any layer of corruption or attempt to confuse the two.

An intelligence agency, is in theory, supposed to spy against foreign enemies and provide counter intelligence against the same such actions. They receive information, brief the pertinent people, and if need to be conduct further (shady) actions.

A news media agency, is in theory, supposed to investigate all matters of concern to their readership, brief them, and this is where it should stop. Of course News Media is inherently activist, and so they too are also called to conduct further (shady) actions.

So far my concerns seem nothing outside of the ordinary but I'd like to implicate all of alternative media, every indie journalist, every youtube commentator, all of them. You are all running intelligence operations, including black propaganda. Everyone has an agenda to push, because everyone has values. A synonym for people that don't pursue their values is "corpses". Talking about this wouldn't even make sense 20 years ago, but this is the age of InfoWars. Not just to use the company of Alex Jones as an example, but the name is incredibly apropos. We are living in an information war, but it is every man for themselves. A man with a botnet and a little ingenuity can influence conversation as much as media conglomerate.

In the naive years of the internet, we used to think open and distributed access to information would lead to a golden age. Anyone can have a voice. Anyone can be the media. Instead of reforming the media landscape into something more human, it has instead dehumanized people and lead to the flourishing of open source and public intelligence actions. Could the KGB have ever imagined something as brutally far reaching as a Twitter mob? Every man is now his own CIA, with his own useful idiots, his own grave over-reaches of power, and his incredibly public mistakes.

Not to sound overly, and maybe even enthusiastically, pessimistic, but I'm pretty sure the internet has only made things worse. The angelic glow of connection to everyone, everywhere, at any time is starting to fade.

Every true journalist is a spy. This is why Julian Assange is the Platonic Archtype of the True, modern journalist. Of course, everyone thinks of some S O Y B O Y faggot when they think of a modern journalist, but we are talking about golden, divine, archtypes. Julian is not only more of a journalist than anyone else alive, he is also consummate in the Tradecraft. Wikileaks is essentially a free agent intelligence actor, whether it wanted to be or not - it is forced to reckon with state level spooks. They have only gotten as far as they have by adhering not just to principles of free information, but a lot of cover-your-ass-tradecraft. Sure, Julian is in hot shit now, but WL still holds a very impressive track record.

Starting to run out of steam on this idea, hopefully someone else can run with this. Journalism and spying go hand in hand. One is meant for the public, one is private. Increasingly the lines become blurred. In the end though, they are of the same lineage.
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    The unabomber predicted this.
    Originally posted by stupid noob The unabomber predicted this.

why are you shitposting in my effortposts but logged off of tox? I thought you were playing KCD
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    It's what the intelligence community always wanted journalism to be. Remember operation Mockingbird? I think since the creation of the fed, and WWI shit has been like this. Look into the sinking of the Lusitania.
    And yes Julian Assange is one of the few real journalists left, also "cover-your-ass tradecraft" we just call it operational security or OPSEC these days
    Originally posted by Sophie It's what the intelligence community always wanted journalism to be. Remember operation Mockingbird? I think since the creation of the fed, and WWI shit has been like this. Look into the sinking of the Lusitania.

lmao, I think your history might be a teensy bit myopic. How about...THE AMERICA-SPANISH WAR? William Randolph Hearst? Fucking yellow journalism (fuck sarah jeong)? My point is that they are the same essence, the same thing, one is just meant to be public and one is supposed to be private.

Originally posted by Sophie And yes Julian Assange is one of the few real journalists left, also "cover-your-ass tradecraft" we just call it operational security or OPSEC these days

yeah I don't like using buzzwords if I can help it though, it makes you sound like a fag. If you know Opsec you'll know what CYA means. If you don't know opsec, you'll understand "cover your ass".
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    stupid noob VICTIM of farm equipment [the momentously grade-constructed phasmatodea]
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box why are you shitposting in my effortposts but logged off of tox? I thought you were playing KCD

I am logged on tox, and I replied to your last msg, also I totally wasn't shit posting, ok well maybe a little but I was serious about him predicting this, while also playing on the Q predicted this meme.
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box lmao, I think your history might be a teensy bit myopic. How about…THE AMERICA-SPANISH WAR? William Randolph Hearst? Fucking yellow journalism (fuck sarah jeong)? My point is that they are the same essence, the same thing, one is just meant to be public and one is supposed to be private.

Probably, but i'm not an American so forgive me if i get bits of your history wrong. But now that you mention it...

Originally posted by Rizzo in a box yeah I don't like using buzzwords if I can help it though, it makes you sound like a fag. If you know Opsec you'll know what CYA means. If you don't know opsec, you'll understand "cover your ass".

How very pragmatic of you.
    Originally posted by Sophie Probably, but i'm not an American so forgive me if i get bits of your history wrong. But now that you mention it…

How very pragmatic of you.

Ah yeah, if you're not American I can't blame you (that much) for not knowing it. The whole Spanish-American war is a pretty important piece of history to gain some insight from: journalists will literally start a war in order to sell newspapers.

Journalist whores that will do that will easily hook up with intelligence faggots that want to start a war for pipelines/israel/lulz/satan. Why anyone ever defends journalists I don't know.

“The press is a gang of cruel faggots. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuckoffs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage.” -HST
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    It's not so much that journalists want to hook up with 'intelligence' faggots, it's that they now need them to survive. Mockingbird and the Propaganda Assets Inventory have their roots in another time, where news-selling institutions were profitable and didn't need government assistance, but they were 'patriotic' in that intelligence agencies were able to get hooks into enough people to convince the whole that it was 'un-American' to deviate from the state narrative. Today that 'direct' reach is lessened, but due to print newspapers being obsolete and news companies being unable to compete with the internet, a similar level of control is maintained financially through government grants and kickbacks.

That's an interesting dynamic that's well illustrated in the book 'Confessions of an Economic Hitman' which I just finished - the author, one of the first generation was guided by the NSA and explicitly told he was being contracted to destroy economies to indebt them to the US. As time goes on, idealogues and profiteers take his place; people who genuinely believe that they're doing good work or literally don't care as long as they get paid, doing the work of the state/treasury department without ever knowing that their work is being orchestrated as a larger political warfare campaign.

In terms of the comparison between journalists, 'citizen-journalists' and intelligence operatives, it's probably dishonest to lump them all together as they collect different types of information and, more importantly, use it for different ends. I feel that the internet and social media (literally the one thing I can praise it for) have significantly improved journalism on the whole because 'citizen-journalists', or just people with cameras in their pockets, have been slowly eroding the credibility of centralised, government-sponsored news. It's becoming harder and harder to shield yourself from reality, and the hysterical accusations of 'conspiracy theory' and 'fake news' against anyone who doesn't play the game is testament to that
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Yeah I dunno dude, Alex Jones, The Young Turks - how can I classify them beyond either useful idiots or assets? Or even people like Phillip De Franco and Tim Pool. These people are not reporters, they're not journalists, they act and pretend. But that's what they all are.

What the fuck is journalism? It's finding intelligence. No one does that for free. That's why all your news is fake.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Aldra is such a good poster. I feel like deferring all my internet opinions to aldra from now on because he provides in post citations and seems to read a lot of the same things ive read and mostly forgot about.

Julian assage should get a bullet though. He put countless lives at risk and basically snitched on the world. He also is kinda creepy. Any self respecting government would have him killed, hence his embassy hideout. I don't know how Ecuador hasn't traded him for some fucking infrastructure and set off a series of events that lands him in the SDNY gulag.

He really did a good service in the name of transparency and journalistic liberty, collateral murder is spine tinglingly important but I would totally understand if he peeped out the window one day and some walkie talkie chatter preceded a single shot to the temple that stained his Andy Warhol on GHB looking hair. No one would be at fault and he would live on as a martyr of the barrier free journalism movement who was never convicted of Swedish rape charges and Julian Assange masks become the new accessory for members of "anonymous"
    Originally posted by Sudo Julian assage should get a bullet though. He put countless lives at risk and basically snitched on the world. He also is kinda creepy.

you sound like a fag and I hope you get raped by niggers

"oh no, Assange is a *snitch* he told on the ultra wealthy and powerful that are everyday fucking over our political and social institutions in order to turn us into slaves. sounds like a bad guy!"

fuck you, your family, anyone you've associated with, and the guy that you respect (for fucking putting some links in his post, lmao, this somehow makes him some sort of authority because he spent an extra three seconds to cite some bullshit source no one is going to check anyway well done) oh and also fuck you julian assange is a hero.

its pretty telling that you sympathize more with abstract political blocs than actual human beings, probably because you're a fucking cyborg yourself.
    posting this thread I now realize that the shills are here with us, very much now, and they will suck your fucking blood

keep your rifles ready
    You victimy faggot my post was about how the world works, not how much you want to fondle an old rapey creep. There should be transparency in government but diplomacy is a cloak and dagger operation. He leaked without reading first which is quite reckless and it's unsurprising he's now a man without a country. I can understand any leader wanting to body him to set precedent, people have been killed for far less. As it stands wikileaks doesn't need him anymore, he just stands as an emblem, as a figurehead and I'm all in favor of lopping heads off false idols.

Fuck you Rizzo you homeless bisexual fedora wearing faggot. Jacob applebaum is kind of a weirdo too, what do you think of that?

I really do appreciate the service they've done but it's a cold world bbycuck
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo Aldra is such a good poster. I feel like deferring all my internet opinions to aldra from now on because he provides in post citations and seems to read a lot of the same things ive read and mostly forgot about.

Julian assage should get a bullet though. He put countless lives at risk and basically snitched on the world. He also is kinda creepy. Any self respecting government would have him killed, hence his embassy hideout. I don't know how Ecuador hasn't traded him for some fucking infrastructure and set off a series of events that lands him in the SDNY gulag.

He really did a good service in the name of transparency and journalistic liberty, collateral murder is spine tinglingly important but I would totally understand if he peeped out the window one day and some walkie talkie chatter preceded a single shot to the temple that stained his Andy Warhol on GHB looking hair. No one would be at fault and he would live on as a martyr of the barrier free journalism movement who was never convicted of Swedish rape charges and Julian Assange masks become the new accessory for members of "anonymous"

wipe your chin. you didnt swallow it all.

post examples of what you think assange did wrong.

post examples of how a bullet can magically hit someone in the temple if theyre looking out of a window. additionally...the temple is the worst target in the skull for a bullet.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Rizzo in a box posting this thread I now realize that the shills are here with us, very much now, and they will suck your fucking blood

keep your rifles ready

thats why i keep my dick out and always hard. when they start sucking its going right into their sucker.
    He didn't vet/sift through the leaks and raped two women just off the top of my head
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sudo He didn't vet/sift through the leaks and raped two women just off the top of my head

that isnt an example. youre just proving you havent got a clue.

raped, you say. firstly, based on the publicized 'evidence' which you obviously are so intimately familiar with, youre going to need to post your definition of rape. i dont think that word means what you think that it means.
    Originally posted by Sudo You victimy faggot my post was about how the world works, not how much you want to fondle an old rapey creep. There should be transparency in government but diplomacy is a cloak and dagger operation. He leaked without reading first which is quite reckless and it's unsurprising he's now a man without a country. I can understand any leader wanting to body him to set precedent, people have been killed for far less. As it stands wikileaks doesn't need him anymore, he just stands as an emblem, as a figurehead and I'm all in favor of lopping heads off false idols.

Fuck you Rizzo you homeless bisexual fedora wearing faggot. Jacob applebaum is kind of a weirdo too, what do you think of that?

I really do appreciate the service they've done but it's a cold world bbycuck

lmao an "old rapey creepy" you sound like a 14 year old tumblr user that finally got into their local model UN program. what a farce you are, to even give legitimacy to these preposterously fake claims. go ahead and call me whatever you want, you're a disgusting mercenary of sin whose instincts will lead to death.
Jump to Top