User Controls

Interesting info about buspar

Dissociator African Astronaut
    So, I've made a few posts about buspar, buspirone, the "shitty useless anti anxiety drug" and most responses are either it does nothing or it makes people feel worse.

Well, I honestly don't know how it makes me feel, probably better but because of my obsessive tendencies on drug pharmacology/knowledge of it, if it appears that something is an antagonist, etc etc than it triggers a negative placebo affect and makes me feel worse but after extensively analyzing articles on buspirone I've found some interesting stuff

Well, wikipedia says that buspar is a 5ht2 something agonist or whatever, turns out its only active on 5ht1a as an agonist like most non benzo anxiolytics. Some other sources cite that buspar is a dopamine antagonist on D2,D3 and D4 and others say its an agonist at presynaptic sites but I found an interesting article that states that it failed to increase L-dopa accumulation, which is what agonists do. But on post synaptic receptors it failed to induce catalepsy, which typically happens with dopamine antagonists like haldol, thorazine, etc. buspar combined with apomorphine in rats didn't significantly cause hypomotility different from apomorphine alone. So, that proves that its possibly antagonistic effects are very weak
    So wtf?

Buspar increased tyrosine hydroxylase in the corpus striatum, so wtf again?

tl;dr - buspar is a shit drug [FONT=sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    IDK breh, what i do know though is that L-Tyrosine is a precursor to levo-dopa in the brain which is a precursor to dopamine. Pic related, as tyrsosine hydroxylase adds an hydroxy group on the main carbon ring at the meta position to form levo-dopa.

Dissociator African Astronaut
    Yeah but buspar also increases DOPAC concentrations, much like antipsychotics, so technically increase in dopamine isn't always good
    Yeah but buspar also increases DOPAC concentrations, much like antipsychotics, so technically increase in dopamine isn't always good

Does it increase monoamine oxidase as well then because to get from DA to DOPAC you gonna' need monoamine oxidase.
    Buspar gave me headaches.
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    Buspar gave me headaches.

that shit is toxic to ewoks
    that shit is toxic to ewoks
    I gotta admit that made chuckle.
    hehehe I love this place
    Yeah, like a root canal.
    Yeah, like a root canal.

Nah, it's great. The wierdos and scumbags are usually mixed perfectly in this community, and I get entertainment by swooping in and mocking vulnerable posts and teaching burnouts how to steal bundy.
    Nah, it's great. The wierdos and scumbags are usually mixed perfectly in this community, and I get entertainment by swooping in and mocking vulnerable posts and teaching burnouts how to steal bundy.

I wonder what i'd be a weirdo, a scumbag or both. Probably both.
Jump to Top