User Controls

TV return fraud?

Cootehill African Astronaut [my unsymmetrically blurry oregano]
    I have a recent TV with a cracked screen - my cousin died in Fortnite and busted it with a controller. Is it feasible to buy another, identical TV, switch the panels, and return the TV and say it was broken when we got it? The screen has no obvious signs of damage when turned off.
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    If they’re still making the same exact model of the TV just buy a new one and put the broken one in the box then return it....

If not your way should work....only if it’s a crack though

If it’s smashed they’ll know you broke it
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    In the old days I would grab one off the store shelf and return it. Just to get my money back tho.
    They got wise to that so I just buy what I need.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Compel your shithead cousin to figure it out
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    That’s Hawt ^^
    esbity African Astronaut
    Your cousin is an idiot. Make him do a grab-and-run.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Most stores reserve the right to refuse refunds on electronics. They request you use the warranty procedure with the manufacturer instead. Once at the manufacturer's warranty department, the item would be tested and the fraud would most likely be discovered at that point.
    ^

Also the big TV consortium is working on a system to black-list people who abuse their warranty programs. They are going to use the cameras and microphones to detect subversive persons by their audible and physical profile, and any TV sets in your presence will either 'lose signal' or bear their fraud departments report on you right there on the screen for everyone to see.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Cootehill I have a recent TV with a cracked screen - my cousin died in Fortnite and busted it with a controller. Is it feasible to buy another, identical TV, switch the panels, and return the TV and say it was broken when we got it? The screen has no obvious signs of damage when turned off.

the panels themselves? you'll want to open your current TV and determine whether it'd be difficult to remove/replace it, it may be soldered/glued/moulded

if you try to return the whole TV in the new one's box they'll likely compare serial numbers and tell you to get fucked when they don't match
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Most stores reserve the right to refuse refunds on electronics. They request you use the warranty procedure with the manufacturer instead. Once at the manufacturer's warranty department, the item would be tested and the fraud would most likely be discovered at that point.

he's talking about buying a new TV and returning 'it' the next day, most big stores will exchange/refund if it's within 7 days
    Originally posted by aldra the panels themselves? you'll want to open your current TV and determine whether it'd be difficult to remove/replace it, it may be soldered/glued/moulded

if you try to return the whole TV in the new one's box they'll likely compare serial numbers and tell you to get fucked when they don't match

Yes, I was just thinking that. I will be switching the panels and sending the new TV and the old panel back.

Originally posted by aldra he's talking about buying a new TV and returning 'it' the next day, most big stores will exchange/refund if it's within 7 days

I was actually going to get it delivered - it's more straightforward to claim it arrived broken that way.
    have your cussin smash the new tv that way your not lying that the new screen is broken
    Originally posted by aldra he's talking about buying a new TV and returning 'it' the next day, most big stores will exchange/refund if it's within 7 days

No, not for electronics. Usually, they have a sign now-a-days prominently displayed that electronics will not be refunded or exchanged.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL No, not for electronics. Usually, they have a sign now-a-days prominently displayed that electronics will not be refunded or exchanged.

I'm in the EU faggart.
    Originally posted by Cootehill I'm in the EU faggart.

Didn't scare.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Didn't scare.

I'll be buying on my debit card anyway, since customer protection laws are shite anyway.
    Originally posted by Cootehill I'll be buying on my debit card anyway, since customer protection laws are shite anyway.

Like altdra said, they will see the serial numbers don't match.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Like altdra said, they will see the serial numbers don't match.

Like I said, I'll only be exchanging the panel.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    So you have all the answers, why you askin?
    Originally posted by Bologna Nacho So you have all the answers, why you askin?

Cos the fucking TV is €300 and I just wanted to make sure.
Jump to Top