User Controls

Sleep paralysis

🐿 African Astronaut
    This past year I started experiencing sleep paralysis. I never knew it was a thing until the third time it happened I started to read into it

Anyway, since June I've been having them way too frequently. Usually 4 to 5 days out of the week. They have become pretty terrifying and i get anxious every night before I go to bed.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone here experiences these and how they cope with them.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    I’ve had it a couple times. It’s very scary.

Did you see the hooded guy standing over you? A lot of ppl see that guy.

I had an outer body once. Pretty sure I died or something and hopped back in my body after floating around the room. It was pretty wild.
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    It's the manifestation of an unresolved childhood trauma. Young lady, it's time for you to find a psychologist.
    Try drinking a glass of warm milk before night night time.
    🐿 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Archer513 I’ve had it a couple times. It’s very scary.

Did you see the hooded guy standing over you? A lot of ppl see that guy.

I had an outer body once. Pretty sure I died or something and hopped back in my body after floating around the room. It was pretty wild.

No i havent experienced anything with a hooded man. Its usually a deformed, to say the least, child.

Damn. That was probably intense. I haven't experenced the outter body yet either. Hopefully i never will.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Try drinking a glass of warm milk before night night time.

Is that proven to help?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by 🐿 This past year I started experiencing sleep paralysis. I never knew it was a thing until the third time it happened I started to read into it

Anyway, since June I've been having them way too frequently. Usually 4 to 5 days out of the week. They have become pretty terrifying and i get anxious every night before I go to bed.

I guess I just wanted to know if anyone here experiences these and how they cope with them.

sounds like someone is slipping you roofies

do you also notice unexplained pain or bleeding from any or your orifices upon waking?
    I blame the sleep paralysis on melatonin

The outer body....

While I hadn’t consumed any in weeks,I’d been using a lot of lsd (happened in early 20’s)

Only logical explanation
    jedi_darryl African Astronaut
    Buy a couple dream eaters. It's called, Baku. You just hang them on your wall behind your bed and that should help. I've never experienced sleep paralysis a day in my life. I really hope that you take initiative of this repellent resource.
    Originally posted by 🐿 Is that proven to help?

Worth a try...

"A: Sara Stanner writes: It's not just an old wives' tale: the advice your mother gave you when you were a child, of having a cup of warm milk before bed, actually has its basis in science. Milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that helps you produce serotonin and melatonin, hormones that help you to sleep."
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Say hi to the Hat Man for me will ya? Thanks.

🐿 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Archer513 I blame the sleep paralysis on melatonin

The outer body….

While I hadn’t consumed any in weeks,I’d been using a lot of lsd (happened in early 20’s)

Only logical explanation

Lack of melatonin or too much?

Originally posted by jedi_darryl Buy a couple dream eaters. It's called, Baku. You just hang them on your wall behind your bed and that should help. I've never experienced sleep paralysis a day in my life. I really hope that you take initiative of this repellent resource.

Well make me a god damn one then.

Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Worth a try…

"A: Sara Stanner writes: It's not just an old wives' tale: the advice your mother gave you when you were a child, of having a cup of warm milk before bed, actually has its basis in science. Milk contains tryptophan, an amino acid that helps you produce serotonin and melatonin, hormones that help you to sleep."

Hmmm i don't usually have problems falling asleep. I will give it a shot though. Even though i hate drinking just white milk. Yuck.
    Red_Woman African Astronaut
    Sorry to hear that Paige. I didn't know it was a thing till now.
    Hope it will pass.

Originally posted by Archer513 I blame the sleep paralysis on melatonin

What do you mean? I take Melatonin Pura Activ, it is a food supplement based on Melatonin, with Valeriana (500 mg).
    It doesn't do much to me really, which is what I wanted. Just helps a bit reduce the time taken to get to sleep. It promotes relaxation and sleep.
    My blame is unscientific and merely anecdotal

I was on melatonin every time I had sleep paralysis

Never had it without

I don’t take that shit anymore. A good jerk before bed is all I need👍🏻
    Originally posted by 🐿 Well make me a god damn one then.

Excuse my error, I meant to say dream catchers. Go to Walmart, they have plenty there. I only have enough to buy for your reading glasses since you purposely broke em.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    You know you can make your own dream catcher with a scissors, piece of paper, and tape. Takes 2 minutes to never be sleep paralyzed again.
    I'll make her a pikachu polygamy dream catcher den. But it will cost her.
    I thought dream catchers were just something white trash ppl hung up...

For decoration
    stl1 Cum Lickin' Fagit
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Try rubbing one out before night night time.

Oh, and it's "out of body" experience, not "outer body" just in case anyone wants to Google it.
    Originally posted by Archer513 I thought dream catchers were just something white trash ppl hung up…

For decoration

My "dream catcher" is a sock I keep down the side of the bed.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    🐿 African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ You know you can make your own dream catcher with a scissors, piece of paper, and tape. Takes 2 minutes to never be sleep paralyzed again.

Turtles dont eat jelly fish.

Thank Alba😚

Dream catches are tattoos that trendy bitches get.
Jump to Top