User Controls

World on the cusp of a childless, elderly future

https://www.axios.com/the-aging-childless-future-21f9ae39-bf77-4777-8df2-64dc96e8277b.html

“The turnaround on all continents except Africa means supporting an increasing number of retired people with many fewer workers, and confronts the world with two primary solutions, both of them controversial.”

-Loosen up currently fraught politics around migration from still-growing countries.

-Or populate our countries with robot helpers.

(Lol that they didn’t list “encouraging reproduction” as a solution)
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by ohfralala (Lol that they didn’t list “encouraging reproduction” as a solution)

Nor the Logan's Run option. smh fam, smh
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    what happens if we run out of people ??
    Technologist victim of incest
    Get a 3D printer? Lol
    o shit iforgot they make sexrobots now. when ppl refuse to breed the world will be inhabited by sexbots
    Originally posted by Lanny Nor the Logan's Run option. smh fam, smh

I had to look that up and I kinda wanna watch it now, but I also wonder why people would run from a utopian existence. MAYBE I NEED TO SEE THE FILM.

Originally posted by A College Professor what happens if we run out of people ??

Bring in the robots, yessssssssss.
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    In other words, get to fucking people.
    *eats kipper snacks while wearing only boots*

these things are pretty good, nice change from a sardine - very chewy and has tons of protein and cholosterol n fat and shit
    Oi! Switch back to tuna.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by ohfralala I had to look that up and I kinda wanna watch it now, but I also wonder why people would run from a utopian existence. MAYBE I NEED TO SEE THE FILM.

Because they get killed off at a certain age to hold the population at a stable level. The movie is fun in a "lol, that's how the 70s thought the future was going to be?" kinda way but only loosely based on the book. I think the book holds up fairly well.

The wardrobe design in the film is hilarious
    Id’ rather read the book.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    > proposes solutions without considering causes
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    X💖X💖X Houston [my furthermore sighted triumph]
    Just finished getting caught up on a series called The Handmaid’s Tale....

This certain place captures fertile women, and each woman is assigned to a couple, where the man rapes the Handmaid to get her pregnant (increase population), and then they take over the Handmaid’s baby.

It’s a pretty good series.
    the pat-man Tuskegee Airman [overshadow that snuff-brown nestling]
    if automation will be half as revolutionary as experts predict then really it's probably for the best.
    I’m so pissed at Handmaid’s rn, but yeah let’s hope the author of that novel didn’t predict our future.
    Ha

X💖X💖X Houston [my furthermore sighted triumph]
    Lol too funny. I was wondering if you had seen the show.
    Yep it’s one I watch religiously.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by ohfralala

https://www.axios.com/the-aging-childless-future-21f9ae39-bf77-4777-8df2-64dc96e8277b.html

“The turnaround on all continents except Africa means supporting an increasing number of retired people with many fewer workers, and confronts the world with two primary solutions, both of them controversial.”

-Loosen up currently fraught politics around migration from still-growing countries.

-Or populate our countries with robot helpers.

(Lol that they didn’t list “encouraging reproduction” as a solution)

that is the epitome of fake news. ive seen countless projections for population growth and other than white and japanese countries the growth rate is exponential...with nigger countries populations exploding, and s.american and india not far behind.
    (Largely because of Africa, the global population is forecast to continue rising through the century past 11 billion. But according to the United Nations, there is a 23% chance the world population will stabilize or fall by then in a phenomenon that some demographers call “peak human.”)

(By 2100, the population of the world's poorest countries will more than triple, from 954 million in 2015 to 3.2 billion.)

(Minus immigration, the populations of the U.S., Japan and all of Europe are shrinking. By 2050, 48 countries or areas will have fewer people. Several will see a 15% decline, including Japan, the Balkans and the Baltics, and some much more.)
Jump to Top