User Controls

What do you steal from work?

I'm normally not an advocate of stealing. I don't like to steal from stores or other people, but for some reason this doesn't apply as much to wherever I'm working at.

I still "steal" gas from my dad because he writes it off as a farm expenditure on his taxes anyway. I don't really have a good justification for this one. I should stop doing this.

When I worked at a grocery store in high school and college I would only "steal" outdated milk and egg nog, as well as ice cream, Dippin Dotz, and other frozen food that looked tasty to me (I worked in the dairy cooler/freezer by myself most days). Sometimes they would leave cold liquor for customer sampling in the cooler. I play chug, chug, stop before I smell and feel drunk.

At the ice cream factory I didn't have to steal anything because all the ice cream was free, although we dumped thousands of Bomb Pops on the floor every day and sometimes if we were hungry we'd pick up one that had only touched other Bomb Pops and not the floor. Floor food good food.

Here at the old folks' home, I used to steal alcohol swabs and sometimes TB test rigs if I was desperate. Nowadays I just steal cookies, packaged food, and supplement shakes if I forgot to bring a lunch that day. Sometimes I get biofreeze or a bottle of ibuprofen when we clean medcarts.

I don't actually take as much as I thought, but I'm sure someone here does. Tell me what you help yourself to.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    biggest thing was a multi-CPU xeon server

ended up having to get rid of it because it was too big and noisy
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    I steal gum from peoples cars,not the whole thing just a piece or two so they don't notice.
    Back when CD's where a thing I would rip customers CD's into my I-Tunes library,had a sweet desktop on my work bench.
    CandyRein Black Hole
    Latex gloves mainly shit they gottem by the truck load
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Nuts,bolts,washers,screws,gloves,fittings,drill bits,wire nuts.

The usual stuff.
    Originally posted by aldra biggest thing was a multi-CPU xeon server

I would probably take a high-dollar item if I thought I could get away with it. Was anyone suspicious of you?

Originally posted by CandyRein Latex gloves mainly shit they gottem by the truck load

Oh yeah, I have a mountain by where I keep my work gear. We stopped ordering nitrile gloves a while ago but sometimes they send us some sample boxes, so I make sure to HAORD those!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra biggest thing was a multi-CPU xeon server

Damn, that's pretty sweet.

The thing I "steal" most often is paper, I prefer to read hard copies of academic articles and I've been reading a lot of those lately but it still probably only amounts to a couple of reams.

At my last gig I made off with a laptop and a monitor, although I did offer them back after I quit no one ever responded.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Garbage bags and every now and then a bottle of tobasco sauce
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    time.
    Madman African Astronaut
    I used to have a friend call in a pizza order and have no one pick it up so I could have it at the end of shift when I delivered pizzas. When I was sixteen I stole a bunch of orajel because it made my mouth numb like cocaine, idk why I did that.
    Hellobadkitty Houston [fasten my mousey hotspur]
    Gallons of liquor
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by benny vader time.

Oh yeah, I guess the ~30 or so hours a week I get paid for that I actually spend not doing work is the biggest item in terms of dollars.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Lanny Oh yeah, I guess the ~30 or so hours a week I get paid for that I actually spend not doing work is the biggest item in terms of dollars.

do you feel guilty ???
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    No, stealing from the Reich is a virtue, not a sin.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Manonfire African Astronaut
    Pizza

Tat stencils
    S6x African Astronaut
    nothing.. if anything, they steal from me. cock sucking double dipping vaggots
    Manonfire African Astronaut
    Toliet paper
    Haxxor Space Nigga
    Any left over building supplies
    S6x African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Manonfire Toliet paper

I can see why. not justifying it, but I can see why

for a 18 roll it's 16 bucks.. with tax that's pretty much 1 dollar per roll.

even the generic is expensive and you have to double up on the ply to get a decent wipe.

we need a cheap alternative.
Jump to Top