User Controls

Helpful shit that might help you niggas. List it here.

Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/useful-youtube-keyboard-shortcuts-to-know/

https://www.hongkiat.com/blog/youtube-video-tricks/
    joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    A good therapist or qualified psychiatrist.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    on the topic of youtube, youtube-dl (https://rg3.github.io/youtube-dl/) is a simple python script and is the fastest and most reliable way to rip videos (works on many other 'tube'-type sites as well)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    joerell African Astronaut [twine our circinate supersymmetry]
    TubeMate Downloader for Android.

http://tubemate.net
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    youd have more successes touching childrens thru a sock puppet than without.

EllariaSand African Astronaut
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You can hide any files and folders from the Windows operating system by using MS-Dos to move the files to the HISTORY folder.

copy c:\\files\*.* c:\\Docume~1\Defaul~1\Local~1\History

You can then access them the same way through MS-Dos.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You can hide any files and folders from the Windows operating system by using MS-Dos to move the files to the HISTORY folder.

copy c:\\files\*.* c:\\Docume~1\Defaul~1\Local~1\History

You can then access them the same way through MS-Dos.

msdos was not installed on my version of windows.

how.
    DontTellEm Black Hole

🤔
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by benny vader msdos was not installed on my version of windows.

how.

You still have MS-Dos, but it's a simulated version. Start > Run > cmd
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by -SpectraL You still have MS-Dos, but it's a simulated version. Start > Run > cmd

o, so thats where its at.
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    Use www.vehiclehistory.com to check out a used vehicle before buying.

You will need the VIN obviously.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Osmosis sucks.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by cupocheer Osmosis sucks.

inversed osmosis is where its at.
    cupocheer Space Nigga [unwillingly condescend the dp]
    Are you flirting with me BV?
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by cupocheer Are you flirting with me BV?

if i did you wont see it coming.

and you wont ahve a choice.
    Lanny Bird of Courage

x and c are extract and create respectively. v is verbose and you don't really need it even though most people learn to include it for whatever reason. "f" stands for file, the subsequent arg is the file to operate on. That's to say, the archive being created in the c case or the archive being extracted in the x case. I think it's the last that tends to confuse since it means almost opposite things depending on what action you're taking.

Also if you're writing something like "tar -x -v -f foo.tar" you should be writing "tar xvf foo.tar"
    S6x African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Lanny

how many seconds did he have left after "I'm sorry" and what happened
    Originally posted by Lanny

x and c are extract and create respectively. v is verbose and you don't really need it even though most people learn to include it for whatever reason. "f" stands for file, the subsequent arg is the file to operate on. That's to say, the archive being created in the c case or the archive being extracted in the x case. I think it's the last that tends to confuse since it means almost opposite things depending on what action you're taking.

Also if you're writing something like "tar -x -v -f foo.tar" you should be writing "tar xvf foo.tar"

tar -xvf foo.tar

thanks faget you killed us all
    I use it enough that the common ones are easy to remember, the only time I have to look it up is for different compression types like bzip, which for some reason has -j as a parameter if I remember right
Jump to Top