User Controls

Kinda Considering

Going #plantbased or Vegan. We just had a third vegan join our office this week. It made me think, “hmm, this is so popular. Maybe there’s something to it?”

I’ve been pretty pleased with Paleo up until now, but now I’m ready to be convinced by all the Soi Bois. Plus, like, I love juice and I GUESS vegetables are okay. So it might be something that makes sense for me.
    Siouxsie_Q African Astronaut
    But you have to be careful to take care of yourself, because you can be hospitalized like I was back in 1999 when I first became vegan. I had low iron, which affected the kidneys due to having low protein consumption. Make sure that you eat plenty of protein in alternatives such as nuts, peanut butter, beans...etc. Getting your protein is essential to being healthy!
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    paleo's fucking dumb

if you want to go vegetarian for health reasons there's no reason why you can't go a few days a week veg to see if you like it
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Yeah it's trendy but it's stupid as fuck, good luck paying more for your meals and getting less nutrients.
    But...it doesn't necessarily have to be more expensive. I hear what you're saying, 13 and I know what you mean. It typically IS more expensive, but if you shop WISELY, it don't have to be. I mean, beans are inexpensive and so can be nuts if you eat them in serving sizes. I don't know if y'all have Kroger grocery stores in your area, but these stores offer such as buy 4 bags of vegan alt meats and get them for only $2.50each. Used to be $1.99 each. In some cases it still is, if you check weekly ads. But, what I'm saying is that it doesn't always have to cost more $. Just keep your shrewd eyes open, for sales n all, and actually it can be less expensive in the longrun.
    Originally posted by aldra paleo's fucking dumb

if you want to go vegetarian for health reasons there's no reason why you can't go a few days a week veg to see if you like it

good idea.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    seriously could you imagine the thought that you'd never ever taste a nice juicy steak, some tasty chicken or some delicious bacon ever again? fuck that shit.

Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Thrash metal was also popular in the mid-to-late 1980s and early 1990s. Did you JUMP at the chance to join the latest trend? Cults were also popular in the 1970s. Did you JUMP at the chance then? I heard Karl Marx had some neat ideas late 1860's!
    J. R. "Bob" Dobbs Yung Blood [my pessimistically orientating opec]
    I was a big fat unhealthy vegan once. Doritos and coke are vegan after all.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Originally posted by NARCassist seriously could you imagine the thought that you'd never ever taste a nice juicy steak, some tasty chicken or some delicious bacon ever again? fuck that shit.

What is British prison food like?
    Originally posted by NARCassist seriously could you imagine the thought that you'd never ever taste a nice juicy steak, some tasty chicken or some delicious bacon ever again? fuck that shit.

LoL. Yes, the days before I became Vegan, I was probably the biggest 'meat eater' around, lol. But...I finally came to my senses. A choice that I'll never regret. Sure, some days I wonder what it'd be like to bite into that Taco Bell taco that I miss more than anything.....

But NO. Not going to.
    J. R. "Bob" Dobbs Yung Blood [my pessimistically orientating opec]
    Originally posted by Grimace What is British prison food like?

Protein intake isn't a problem there - lots of Muslims.
    Originally posted by J. R. I was a big fat unhealthy vegan once. Doritos and coke are vegan after all.

I do understand that it CAN be unhealthy to be vegan due to consuming more sugar to substitute. But...that doesn't have to be the case,no. Being vegan, I had gained up to 160 lbs. in the early days. But I decided to change that perspective. I cut out much of the sugar and ate more fruit instead. Switched white bread to whole grains,etc. Before I knew it, I was down to 110 lbs. If we could post pics, I'd demonstrate the before and after pics. But, oh well,lol
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by Grimace What is British prison food like?

shit, a lot of stews that uses meat that is near 100% fat and gristle. nasty stuff, poorly cooked and very bland/tasteless. they bulk the meals up with a lot of plain boiled potato/rice/pasta, so there is a lot of stodgy carbs which make you feel full for about half hour or so then you're hungry again. its literally just eating to survive, zero enjoyment to any of it.

Originally posted by NARCassist shit, a lot of stews that uses meat that is near 100% fat and gristle. nasty stuff, poorly cooked and very bland/tasteless. they bulk the meals up with a lot of plain boiled potato/rice/pasta, so there is a lot of stodgy carbs which make you feel full for about half hour or so then you're hungry again. its literally just eating to survive, zero enjoyment to any of it.

Ugh. Just your mention of the word 'gristle' makes me nauseous...
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Siouxsie_Q Ugh. Just your mention of the word 'gristle' makes me nauseous…

sinew
    shut up, will ya

I'm dyin' over here, lol
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by J. R. Protein intake isn't a problem there - lots of Muslims.

they dont allow you to spit ???
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    im eating coffee, donuts and chefboy today
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    im thinking of going all canned tho
Jump to Top