User Controls

Windows is a shit OS but i got something for you that'll make it better.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    All the T&T regulars know i don't like Windows for multiple reasons. One of the biggest being that you basically have no privacy with the OS. Like, at all. They collect data about you and there is constant telemetry going from your Windows Box to Microsoft servers and back. It's basically malware.

That said, i was with a friend of mine over the weekend and he has Windows on his PCs, needless to say i almost literally got cancer. However it did inspire me to make somewhat of a cure.

I combined some stuff, and scripted some stuff. In Batch even, i'm pretty bad with Batch i ain't gonna lie. But anyway, see the code block below for details. Now one last thing, i didn't do any thorough testing on it or anything, i just felt like making it. As far as the code goes, i am pretty sure it works though and i figured i'd share.

@ECHO off

color a

echo "Welcome, we're going to try to get Windows to stop spying"
    echo "on you and try to make it generally less annoying."
    echo "We'll first borrow some PowerShell functionality in order"
    echo "to elevate the script's privs to Admin. With those privs"
    echo "we will download PsExec and our other resources to the"
    echo "System32 directoy."
    echo "There they will be unzipped so that we can invoke our tools
    echo "from the command line, or in this case a batch script, easily."
    echo
    echo "After each PowerShell operation i have a 'pause' statement"
    echo "It's so you have a second to read if all went well thus far."
    echo
    echo "Anyway, after all of that the script will write out a second"
    echo "Batch file, this Batch file contains the commands that will"
    echo "make positive adjustments to your OS, like getting rid of needless"
    echo "updates. And some things like Telemetry services that send your"
    echo "data to Microsoft servers. Here is where PsExec comes in."
    echo "Since it allows us to get NT Authority\System privs not even
    echo "Windows itself can get rid of the changes we applied. And well"
    echo "Just to be sure, we'll also add a Scheduled Task, that will"
    echo "basically do everything i mentioned automatically, every week.
    echo
    echo "Well then... Whenever you're ready.
    echo

pause

REM Get admin privs
    powershell -Command "Start-Process powershell.exe -Credential 'USERDOMAIN\User' -NoNewWindow -ArgumentList 'Start-Process powershell.exe -Verb runAs Administrator'"
    echo
    pause

REM Off to the system32 directory we go
    cd %SYSTEMROOT%\system32

REM Download the collection of 'BlockWindows' scripts we need
    powershell -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://github.com/WindowsLies/BlockWindows/archive/master.zip', 'master.zip')"
    echo
    pause

REM Lastly we download PSTools, among which PsExec will be the most interesting to us
    powershell -Command "(New-Object Net.WebClient).DownloadFile('https://download.sysinternals.com/files/PSTools.zip', 'PSTools.zip')"
    echo
    pause

unzip master.zip
    unzip PSTools.zip

REM Here we write our secondary Batch script out
    echo "@ECHO off" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "echo 'Invoking all auto-blocker scripts.'" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "pause" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "call BlockWindows.bat" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "call hosts.bat" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "call hosts2.bat" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "cmd /C 'DisableGWX.reg'" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "cmd /C 'DisableWiFiSense.reg'" >> autoblock.bat
    echo "cmd /C 'HideWindowsUpdates.vbs'" >> autoblock.bat

REM This operation creates an automated, scheduled task, to run the script we wrote out above once a week
    SchTasks /Create /SC WEEKLY /D MON /TN “Run MS Blocker Weekly” /TR “%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\autoblock.bat” /ST 09:00

REM To conclude, we have PsExec here
    REM Starting an instance of the Windows
    REM Shell with System privs, and
    REM executing the command that will
    REM fuck Microsoft's shit up fam
    psexec -s -i cmd.exe /C "start autoblock.bat"

echo "If everything went right, we should be done."
    echo "Whenever you're ready, friend."

pause

exit
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    No.
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover No.

There's a lot of words in this thread what are you saying no to?
    Rock_N_Rollover African Astronaut [my obsessively old-time raunch]
    All of it.
    Originally posted by Rock_N_Rollover All of it.

Why? Also, just a heads up the tech forum is a srs bsns forum.
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Looked over the batch, mane. Looks good to me, as far as your syntax goes. Hell yeah, dude.

I haven't used those tools you have your batch download personally (I am checking them out now), but still, +1 for Sophie.

EDIT: Or rather, I haven't used "BlockWindows" - used PSTools for some specialized things once or twice when I need to.
    Question: Do you know how BlockWindows holds up to some of Microsoft's latest Windows 10 builds? The project seems a bit dead on GitHub. Looks like it hasn't been updated since the release of Windows 10. So pretty much any major update to Windows 10 like the Anniversary Update, Fall Creators Update, or Spring Creators Update probably negates what this script is intended to do, yeah? I can see someone asking to add choice.microsoft.com.nstac.net to the hosts file, as it's another telemetry server in late 2017 (around the Fall Creator's Update release). There are probably more with the Spring Creator's Update.
    Originally posted by Grimace Looked over the batch, mane. Looks good to me, as far as your syntax goes. Hell yeah, dude.

I haven't used those tools you have your batch download personally (I am checking them out now), but still, +1 for Sophie.

EDIT: Or rather, I haven't used "BlockWindows" - used PSTools for some specialized things once or twice when I need to.

Thanks mayne. That's good to know. I am pretty damn good when it comes to shell scripting i Bash but i don't have a lot of experience with Batch. In that sense it was actually pretty fun figuring the stuff from the script out, something different. And i have been meaning to get good at PowerShell as well.
    Originally posted by Grimace Question: Do you know how BlockWindows holds up to some of Microsoft's latest Windows 10 builds? The project seems a bit dead on GitHub. Looks like it hasn't been updated since the release of Windows 10. So pretty much any major update to Windows 10 like the Anniversary Update, Fall Creators Update, or Spring Creators Update probably negates what this script is intended to do, yeah? I can see someone asking to add choice.microsoft.com.nstac.net to the hosts file, as it's another telemetry server in late 2017 (around the Fall Creator's Update release). There are probably more with the Spring Creator's Update.

It worked kind of meh against Win10 when the project was still fresh. Win10 is pretty much actual fucking malware. Whenever i do have to work with Windows, in VM or otherwise i am usually working with Win7.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie It worked kind of meh against Win10 when the project was still fresh. Win10 is pretty much actual fucking malware. Whenever i do have to work with Windows, in VM or otherwise i am usually working with Win7.

I'm installing Windows 10 in VM now to try out your batch.

Originally posted by Grimace I'm installing Windows 10 in VM now to try out your batch.

Cool, let me know how it goes.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    win-10 is one of the reasons i still have an old computer with win-7

i heard they stopped that instant update thing where the computer locks up until its done updating.

i dont see how the 'telemetry' is legal. theyre using resources not their own...theft...to benefit themselves.
    Originally posted by infinityshock win-10 is one of the reasons i still have an old computer with win-7

i heard they stopped that instant update thing where the computer locks up until its done updating.

i dont see how the 'telemetry' is legal. theyre using resources not their own…theft…to benefit themselves.

Yeah it's pretty bad. Personally i've been on Linux exclusively for quite some time now and i like it a lot.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Sophie Yeah it's pretty bad. Personally i've been on Linux exclusively for quite some time now and i like it a lot.

i dont have the time or inclination to learn an entire new OS...

im hoping there will be some sort up user-revolt against MS and the bullshit they pull
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by infinityshock i dont see how the 'telemetry' is legal. theyre using resources not their own…theft…to benefit themselves.

it's not even just windows though

when you build an application using MS Visual Studio (I'd guess the majority of professional Windows programmers use it), their telemetry suites are, by default and silently, compiled into your program as well so your application has the completely unexpected 'feature' of collecting user and usage data for MS.

script makes sense, you should write the whole thing in powershell instead of batch though at least as a challenge, you're halfway there already.

for the most part, a stateful firewall with packet inspection is the best way to tell MS to get bent, but that sort of thing can be expensive and difficult to set up.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Sort of related - I've considered in the past building an ATM monitor on an old laptop or something so I can clamp it directly to my ADSL line to monitor traffic outside of the OS and network hardware because I absolutely don't trust that some items aren't being suppressed when you monitor traffic with a packet sniffer or on routers. Difficult project from what I can tell though.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    HTS highlight reel
    Windows is awesone why would I want to break it like this? I have nothing to hide and I can spare resources for Microsoft in return for access to their wonderful OS. 🙃
    Bologna Nacho African Astronaut
    This is an interesting read but I have NO FUCKING clue what is going on.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by aldra it's not even just windows though

when you build an application using MS Visual Studio (I'd guess the majority of professional Windows programmers use it), their telemetry suites are, by default and silently, compiled into your program as well so your application has the completely unexpected 'feature' of collecting user and usage data for MS.

script makes sense, you should write the whole thing in powershell instead of batch though at least as a challenge, you're halfway there already.

for the most part, a stateful firewall with packet inspection is the best way to tell MS to get bent, but that sort of thing can be expensive and difficult to set up.

thats why i said i hope there is a revolt against MS. thats bullshit what they do, and how they do it.
Jump to Top