User Controls

attention all dumbfucks who paid to go to university

A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    sucks to be you reatard!
    Technologist victim of incest
    Doesn’t suck for me. I went to a 2yr/associates program and was out supporting myself at age 20. Bought all my own cars, supported myself, and bought my own house. Doesn’t suck to me. I’m living the life I wanted and I only had to sacrifice for 2 years.

I even had an addiction along the way, but bounced back and continued on.

Yeah college isn’t for everyone, but it worked for me.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    EllariaSand African Astronaut
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Technologist Doesn’t suck for me. I went to a 2yr/associates program and was out supporting myself at age 20. Bought all my own cars, supported myself, and bought my own house. Doesn’t suck to me. I’m living the life I wanted and I only had to sacrifice for 2 years.

not to brag, but I did the same except for buying a house (just curious - roughly how much did you pay? a tiny apartment here goes for like 750k+ now) without getting into debt for uni. It all depends on what you want to do, whether university is a worthwhile endeavour or not. In most cases I'd guess not.

Besides, I'm guessing university costs and benefits aren't the same now as they were when you went.
    You are correct Aldra. I went to school in the early 80s, probably before you were born 🤪. Not too expensive.

I became addicted in the 90s, but turned it around and started setting my goal for a house. I paid $140,000. I’m in a great area and my home value has only increased.

$750k, I sure hope my wages would be higher there. Aren’t you down under.
    Yep, near Sydney. The real estate market here is ridiculous for a lot of reasons, not least of which is house prices being artificially inflated to encourage investment at the expense of availibility

Pay depends on what you do I guess, typically average wages are higher than the US but so is cost of living, at a higher ratio. I work in IT, last few infrastructure/sysadmin/web jobs have paid around 80k a year; could go significantly higher but I don't think I'd do so well in a highly-regulated environment like a bank or telco.
    I’m in a medical field. I rarely have a problem finding a job. Hell, all I have to do is move to Calif., and the cost of living is outrageous; but my wages would triple out there.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Trade Schools should made available to all kids especially the ones that know collage is not an option.
    I was lucky enough to have access to a trade school learned a trade,diesel mechanic.
    Moved out of the house at 19 and had my own home and a new car by the age of 25.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Reatard checking in!!😃
    infinityshock Black Hole
    all anyone needs to know about college is its just another means for 'the man' to make money while indoctrinating the young and teaching them absolutely nothing. literally...nothing i learned in a single one of my college classes was ever applied to the real world.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock all anyone needs to know about college is its just another means for 'the man' to make money while indoctrinating the young and teaching them absolutely nothing. literally…nothing i learned in a single one of my college classes was ever applied to the real world.

What classes did you take?
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    I still use to this day what I learned in about 50% of my classes.
    Originally posted by AngryOnion Trade Schools should made available to all kids especially the ones that know collage is not an option.
    I was lucky enough to have access to a trade school learned a trade,diesel mechanic.
    Moved out of the house at 19 and had my own home and a new car by the age of 25.

TAFE here is exactly like that, much cheaper and better preparation for a lot of types of work

Originally posted by mmQ What classes did you take?

rape prevention
    Originally posted by Technologist Doesn’t suck for me. I went to a 2yr/associates program and was out supporting myself at age 20. Bought all my own cars, supported myself, and bought my own house. Doesn’t suck to me. I’m living the life I wanted and I only had to sacrifice for 2 years.

I even had an addiction along the way, but bounced back and continued on.

Yeah college isn’t for everyone, but it worked for me.

Blah. Blah. Blah.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by mmQ What classes did you take?

sexual harassment prevention

EEOC
    Originally posted by infinityshock sexual harassment prevention

EEOC

🤣🤣🤣
    5 hour university
    Walmart University
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    University worked out for me. It got me an in at a company and I’ve worked my way up. Start at the bottom, put in the time and the effort, don’t be afraid to reach a bit, and keep climbing. I also got a master’s degree while at said employer, even got them to pay for most of it. Now I’m at a decently high level with a sweet salary and bonus and plenty of room to grow. Keep at it, niggas.
    That’s what’s up. Good on you.
Jump to Top