User Controls

Story of an Ant

On the fifth hour of the fifth moon, Antonia was born, and the Empire has never been the same since. She was born a scavenger, as many ants are. It wasn't a noble position, not by far, but Antonia had little choice in the matter.

"Mom, why are some ants born scavengers while others are drones and nurses?"

"The gods do not discriminate, Antonia. We all work for the good of the colony."

Antonia shuffled her antennae uncomfortably. It was a rare occurrence for her to speak to the queen. She'd hoped for better answers than the ones they'd given her at school."What good is a colony if its ants are not happy?"

"Oh daughter," the Queen said softly. "It will all be clear in time. Now, I require privacy. The drones will be coming to mate any minute now."

Antonia left to her nesting spot where she brewed for several hours on the matter. "It isn't fair," she said to herself. "I don't want to be a scavenger. I want to be... well, I'm not sure what I want to be. But it sure isn't this."

The following morning Antonia left the colony in search of food. Routinely, the search consisted of two steps: Find the scent trail left by other ants. Follow the scent trail left by other ants. There was no room for anything else. Brave explorer ants died every day in the search for food and prey. It was up to the scavengers to make sure their sacrifice wasn't in vain.

Upon leaving the mound, Antonia was stepped on, and her entire colony demolished by BRAWNDO PEST CONTROL (It's what ants crave.) The end.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Weak ending. Antonia asked a valid question. I would have liked to see you explore the answer somewhat thoroughly, C+.
    lol murkt
    Originally posted by Sophie Weak ending. Antonia asked a valid question. I would have liked to see you explore the answer somewhat thoroughly, C+.

I intended on it, but lost motivation after returning from a massive taco shit.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by gumbo I intended on it, but lost motivation after returning from the bathroom after a massive taco shit.

S *THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS PROVIDED COURTESY OF OF SAMSONG OF AMERICAS CORP*
    A *FEATURING BIXBY MACHINE-LEARNING TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPED BY SAMSONG AMERICAS*
    M
    S
    Thats describe all things which u post.. Bixby has outsmarted you again, simp!
    U
    N
    G *THE PRECEDING MESSAGE WAS DELIVERED USING BIXBY ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE***
    Bupm
    Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    How EMBARRASSING!

No wonder you made Amazon-only, shit-tier e-books! You're a horrible writer!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor stick a dick in me]

youre an idiot
    §m£ÂgØL likes to think of himself as an author. He likes to think he is a writer. lol
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Grimace §m£ÂgØL likes to think of himself as an author. He likes to think he is a writer. lol

We can't all be recovering junkie ex-cons who run a shitty phone repair service. 😅
    Originally posted by HTS We can't all be recovering junkie ex-cons who run a shitty phone repair service. 😅

Right?!
    My income from writing tells me that I am indeed a good writer, so.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by gumbo My income from writing tells me that I am indeed a good writer, so.

thats only becos of present industrial complex.

people buy your books to be given away as thoughtless presents.
    Originally posted by benny vader thats only becos of present industrial complex.

Dammit
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader thats only becos of present industrial complex.

considering they placed enough thought into it to actually buy it...not exactly the best use of the term 'thoughtless'

Don't think you know how this works.
    Last month my book writing covered my rent of 700. That's pretty fucking good for something I do for pleasure and relaxation. And it's nice that it is an idle income. I've gone months without publishing anything while still maintaining an increasing income. You'll cowards are JEALOUS
    Don't quit your day job
    Originally posted by Slaynk Don't quit your day job

I haven't. But hopefully one day I can. There are quite a few people who make their living selling books on Amazon. It can be more profitable than going through a publisher for most people, and it gives you a lot of control that you lose when you sell your rights to a publisher.

Honestly if I just kept making what I'm making, I'd be pretty happy. I didn't actually expect to get this far.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock considering they placed enough thought into it to actually buy it…not exactly the best use of the term 'thoughtless'

their mostly unsolicited gifts.

gifts are mostly unsolicited things.

i cant remember whens the last time i am gifted with things i had wanted.
Jump to Top