User Controls

Urgent: bee colony swarming and collecting in backyard

Earlier today we noticed some bees in our backyard and now there have been about 1000 or 2000 bees that have congregated on our backyard umbrella .

Obviously we know that bees are wonderful for our environment so we want to take care of them in a safe way, is there anyone in the area who does local beekeeping or be removal for free or a small price as we do not have much to pay .
    I notice a lot of bees around right now. Bees can be dangerous if you are stung, so if you are stung in the head face or neck, get help right away. Using Liquid Smoke in a spray bottle helped me when I had a swarm of bees at my house. There are experienced volunteers that will help you to remove the bees and rehome them into hives away from the city. Check with City Farmers Nursery for who to contact such as bee keepers for help with the bees. I hope this helps. I had the same thing in my yard. I left them alone and the where gone as fast as the came. Hang in for a couple of days and they will be gone. Also, bees can sting, but when there in the swarm they are much less aggressive(if that has any comfort).
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Where you live?Find a local bee keeper,they will have all the stuff to capture a swarm.
    They will not charge for removal I would love a swarm.
    I keep bee's BTW.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by greenplastic I notice a lot of bees around right now. Bees can be dangerous if you are stung, so if you are stung in the head face or neck, get help right away. Using Liquid Smoke in a spray bottle helped me when I had a swarm of bees at my house. There are experienced volunteers that will help you to remove the bees and rehome them into hives away from the city. Check with City Farmers Nursery for who to contact such as bee keepers for help with the bees. I hope this helps. I had the same thing in my yard. I left them alone and the where gone as fast as the came. Hang in for a couple of days and they will be gone. Also, bees can sting, but when there in the swarm they are much less aggressive(if that has any comfort).

stop being an idiot.

i walk up to large groups of beehives on a regular basis and have never had a problem. just dont be a dick and they wont bother you
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Soyboy African Astronaut [relevantly rival my dehydroretinol]
    I got stung by a bee once for no reason whatsoever, I was out in the open, on concrete, it just flew right up to me and stung me.

I was angry at the time, but I was an environmentalist protesting a pipeline at the time, so now I assume the bee stung me for being such a faggot.
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING I got stung by a bee once for no reason whatsoever, I was out in the open, on concrete, it just flew right up to me and stung me.

I was angry at the time, but I was an environmentalist protesting a pipeline at the time, so now I assume the bee stung me for being such a faggot.

At the time
    BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    I was stung by a bee as a kid.

has never happened to me since. but as a kid my mom rushed me to ER because my throat closed up

Eppies cost like 500 bucks now. I'll just chew on some benedryl... oh wait.. you can't swallow so Yeah. poor people die
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by BeigeWarlock I was stung by a bee as a kid.

has never happened to me since. but as a kid my mom rushed me to ER because my throat closed up

Eppies cost like 500 bucks now. I'll just chew on some benedryl… oh wait.. you can't swallow so Yeah. poor people die

bitch.

i was stung by a bee as a little kid. it hurt.

now i get stung by wasps on a regular basis with no effect.

after the first 20 or 30 the body builds up an immunity to whatever theyre injection to cause that burning sensation.
    BeigeWarlock African Astronaut
    light skinned people rash more, have more histamines. Thank god I'm not a redhead. that would of made it 100 times worst
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by BeigeWarlock light skinned people rash more, have more histamines. Thank god I'm not a redhead. that would of made it 100 times worst

im as light skinned as it gets.

immunity to toxins isnt based on skin color
    another thread detailing finny's stupidity
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    I pushed my Tonka truck over a yellow jackets nest when I was 4,, I got stung 37 times
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by greenplastic another thread detailing finny's stupidity

stfu and go OD on bath salts again, junkie bitch
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Originally posted by MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING I got stung by a bee once for no reason whatsoever, I was out in the open, on concrete, it just flew right up to me and stung me.

One time, right outside my front door, a wasp(?) stung me right on the tip of my nose. I had to pull the fucker off because he was like latched on, and that shit hurt. It just felt swollen and painful for a while afterward.
    Semiazas Tuskegee Airman
    Has anyone said burn it down?
    Materials needed:

Super Soaker
    Zippo
    Lighter Fluid

Procedure:

1.Fill super soaker reservoir with lighter fluid
    2.Light Zippo
    3.Affix Zippo to end of super soaker, preferably a couple inches from nozzle but still in the spray path
    4.Fuck their world up
    Free honey..what's the problem
    Are you sure you're not buzzed and they're only Mexican illegals.
    Originally posted by Juicebox Materials needed:

Super Soaker
    Zippo
    Lighter Fluid

Procedure:

1.Fill super soaker reservoir with lighter fluid
    2.Light Zippo
    3.Affix Zippo to end of super soaker, preferably a couple inches from nozzle but still in the spray path
    4.Fuck their world up

Sounds like a cheap way to blow your own ass up.
Jump to Top