User Controls

Don't use Fluorescent Lights

  1. The Self Taught Man Black Hole (banned)
    They have Flouride in them.

    think about it

    fluorescent
    flouride
  2. Xlite Tuskegee Airman
    Did you know nicotine actually prevents the calcification of your pineal gland that fluoride causes?
  3. The Self Taught Man Black Hole (banned)
    I don't believe in pineal glands.
  4. Xlite Tuskegee Airman
    Well why the fuck do you have an issue with fluoride then?
  5. infinityshock Black Hole (banned)
    dont use fluorescent lights because they contain enough mercury to contaminate an entire home to levels that exceed EPA safety levels.

    notice how the media doesnt advertise this inconvenient little fact
  6. aldra Dark Matter [my considered impending distributor]
    it's infused in the glass though, shouldn't be an issue unless you grind them down to dust. or use them in backyard wrestling

    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  7. HTS highlight reel
    They flicker - too rapidly for most to see, yes, but they're always flickering. That is the *buzz*. And it trains your brain to run at that frequency when all the light hitting your eyes is that frequency. Children can only think at the speed of florescent flickering and in "on" and "off", hence the retarded and increasingly binary politics in this age of florescent lighting and florescent thinking.
  8. infinityshock Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by aldra it's infused in the glass though, shouldn't be an issue unless you grind them down to dust. or use them in backyard wrestling

    [viwatch?v=N8pPHtmGIzk

    you must be thinking of the lead 'infused' into the glass of old-style CRT vacuum tubes because the mercury in fluorescent bulbs is completely free to be inhaled by anyone in the vicinity of a break.
  9. The Self Taught Man Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by infinityshock dont use fluorescent lights because they contain enough mercury to contaminate an entire home to levels that exceed EPA safety levels.

    notice how the media doesnt advertise this inconvenient little fact

  10. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Something Squirrel

    In his followup video, he's sporting a stump.
  11. the pat-man Tuskegee Airman [overshadow that snuff-brown nestling]
    everyones going to leds now anyways
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  12. aldra Dark Matter [my considered impending distributor]
    Originally posted by infinityshock you must be thinking of the lead 'infused' into the glass of old-style CRT vacuum tubes because the mercury in fluorescent bulbs is completely free to be inhaled by anyone in the vicinity of a break.

    just had a look into it, something like 50% of it is bound to the glass, the rest is free. Apparently they typically contain less than 10mg of mercury nowadays, whereas they used to go up to 50 so it's not quite such an issue anymore
  13. infinityshock Black Hole (banned)
    Originally posted by aldra just had a look into it, something like 50% of it is bound to the glass, the rest is free. Apparently they typically contain less than 10mg of mercury nowadays, whereas they used to go up to 50 so it's not quite such an issue anymore

    basically what youre saying you dont mind being contaminated with a toxic element...

    personally i dont even allow the things in my house.
  14. Archer513 African Astronaut
    Fluorescent lights make ppl who are almost ugly,really ugly

    And ugly ppl disgusting and monstrous
  15. aldra Dark Matter [my considered impending distributor]
    Originally posted by infinityshock basically what youre saying you dont mind being contaminated with a toxic element…

    personally i dont even allow the things in my house.

    I live in an apartment maybe 20 minutes drive from the biggest city in the country, elemental mercury trapped in glass is the least of my worries
  16. Item 9 African Astronaut
    They make you look ugly too.
  17. -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Item 9 They make you look ugly too.

    No, that's the real you. It's the "normal" lights that make you look better than you really are.
  18. totse3.com Space Nigga
    yes LED lights. I was sitting at the doctors waiting to get my blood drawn and I looked up at the panels.. just these plexy-glass looking cuts of rectangular shape plastic that you used in shop.. but light is coming out of the edge of it.

    I was wondering if they changed colors. HAHA Change it to red and yell in the over-com speakers (CODE RED) and flicker them on and off.
  19. SpaceCakes Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Xlite Did you know nicotine actually prevents the calcification of your pineal gland that fluoride causes?

    where do you get your silly science facts from. CNN or a cracker jack box?
  20. tee hee hee African Astronaut [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Originally posted by -SpectraL No, that's the real you. It's the "normal" lights that make you look better than you really are.

    Lol
Jump to Top