User Controls

Wedding / funeral stories

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    At my grandma's funeral, my sister and I were asked to speak. I took a few minutes to write my speech (kind of shitty, I know) but it was very personal and several people told me that it touched their feelings about her as well. Then my sister went up. She's eloquent, but she has no feelings. It came off as though she were writing a scholarship essay or some shit. "My grandma was a wonderful person. Here are the reasons, X, Y, Z. Restate the thesis. Thank you. Goodbye."

Someone I was in Boy Scouts with died of a heroin overdose. I went to the service and met his brother, the golden child of their narcissist family. Very driven, smart, successful guy, but also with absolutely no feelings. He had rehearsed everything he'd say at that gathering in their home. It was obvious looking into his eyes that his primary concern at the service was trying to appear as though he possesses empathy, and talking to him was creepy as fuck because of this.

Cluster B's can do a lot of things well, but I think eulogies are an area where they expose themselves.
    WE SMOOTH African Astronaut
    Lol jesus christ man.
    All of my social behavior is calculation and mimicry. It seems that the only emotion I'm capable of feeling is regret

Although looking at pictures of Alina Văcariu makes me believe that maybe the capability of love is still there, its just...atrophied I guess
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Juicebox All of my social behavior is calculation and mimicry. It seems that the only emotion I'm capable of feeling is regret

Although looking at pictures of Alina Văcariu makes me believe that maybe the capability of love is still there, its just…atrophied I guess

It sounds to me as if you're clinically depressed bruh.

ONTOPIC: Weirdly enough, i distinctly remember my father being sad at my grandmas funeral. He is as cluster B as they come, but i guess his brain didn't go all in on the 'anti-social' part. Probably something to do with his own mother, who died tragically when my father was young. Now his father was cluster B as well, and i guess without the mom things got pretty wild.

Of course these are also my grandparents, it's just that i never met them. My grandma on my father's side was dead before i was born and well, my dad and his dad weren't on speaking terms.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    WE SMOOTH African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Juicebox All of my social behavior is calculation and mimicry. It seems that the only emotion I'm capable of feeling is regret

Although looking at pictures of Alina Văcariu makes me believe that maybe the capability of love is still there, its just…atrophied I guess

Strangely poetic. I'm fuckin' with it. I'm envisioning smoking a cigarette at night under an overhang in the pouring rain, all alone in the middle of the city.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by WE SMOOTH Strangely poetic. I'm fuckin' with it. I'm envisioning smoking a cigarette at night under an overhang in the pouring rain, all alone in the middle of the city.

A beautiful sorrow...
Jump to Top