User Controls

Wait, so is global warming actually real?

I was in class and the professor said "raise your hand if you believe global warming is real" and literally everyone but me (as far as I could see) raised their hand.

Is that legit? The professor said we have a lot more evidence for it than we did 10 years ago, so maybe my info is just dated? But I thought it was just fake bullshit pushed by attention seeking celebrities, like the gender gap etc?
    It is real, but extremely exaggerated, and humanity most likely has nothing to do with it
    They call it climate change now and yes the scientific consensus is humans likely have a very large impact on the current warming trend
    Inb4 Issue313 cries jedi propaganda etc
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Inb4 Issue313 cries jedi propaganda etc

can you please back me up when I call issue313 out on that shit. he's just repeating stuff he reads from /pol/ even though he's in his 30s. it's supposed to be a site for teenagers and young adults to start thinking for themselves. he even uses the term "red pill".
    Yeah I’ve been over it with him before, I’m pretty sure he’s well past the point of no return
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Inb4 Issue313 cries jedi propaganda etc

I think climate change is a legit thing. You can't change land use and dig up and burn geological quantities of fossil fuels without affecting the climate in some manner.

In addition burning fossil fuels changes the surface chemistry of earth, meaning, in short, acidification.

Of course no one at all is interested in an immediate moratorium on fossil fuel extraction, which is the only thing that would help.

Originally posted by Enter can you please back me up when I call issue313 out on that shit. he's just repeating stuff he reads from /pol/ even though he's in his 30s. it's supposed to be a site for teenagers and young adults to start thinking for themselves. he even uses the term "red pill".

I'm more about mypostingcareer, saloforum and therightstuff than I am /pol/. Most of the influential people there are older than me.

Originally posted by Fox Paws Yeah I’ve been over it with him before, I’m pretty sure he’s well past the point of no return

What have you been over with me? I don't remember you ever talking with me about anything.
    lol I was at my cousins house a while back who I never see because they live in a different state and his son was like 12 years old and keeps bugging me about minecraft and shit and somehow he started asking me questions about science and I was telling him how the ocean absorbs carbon and makes it more acidic and the adults all started glaring at me (they're hardcore republicans who don't give 2 shits about facts)

fucking idiots
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Fox Paws They call it climate change now and yes the scientific consensus is humans likely have a very large impact on the current warming trend

false
    Ok look man if I hear about this again... You must understand that plants gladly absorb co2. Trust me, I had a conversation with one. But in reality we are in an interglacial ice age. The earth has literally gone through periods where it hasn't snowed anywhere on the earth for the entire year. Back to the books son
    WHICH SIDE WILL YOU FIGHT FOR

when siberia thaws and the greedy jedis will want to take it?
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    i always thought these made a lot of sense

Originally posted by Issue313 What have you been over with me? I don't remember you ever talking with me about anything.

I’ve called you out a couple times on your beliefs but here’s one example:

Originally posted by Issue313

Trump wants to cut food stamps too, and instead give people boxes of vegetables.

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/02/12/585130274/trump-administration-wants-to-decide-what-food-snap-recipients-will-get

This is pretty much a genocide. 2018 - the year the America dream died.

Originally posted by Fox Paws Just watched the vid. Yeah, it is your mom’s fault you’re starving. It’s literally your mother’s biological imperative to feed you. What a cunt.

And how is it the American dream to live on food stamps? The American dream is self sufficiency and independent success, not getting unlimited handouts from the government.

For christ’s sake you’re a whiny, ineffectual bitch. No wonder you blame the jedis for everything, you never learned to be responsible for yourself. You should thank your jedi overlords for providing you with a modern civilization to protect your ass, cuz in the jungle you would have been lunch.

Originally posted by Issue313 American childrens are starving and your response is to feed them ideology?

Fucking everyone knows jedis run everything.

Originally posted by Fox Paws No my response is “go fuck yourselves”.

Or better yet, for their parents to go fuck themselves. If they can’t provide for their children, they shouldn’t have reproduced in the first place. Some animals kill their newborn children when they know they can’t feed them.

Life isn’t easy. Life is struggle. Nothing is meant to be given to you. If you’re starving and can’t find some way to survive, then you should die like nature intended.

And that’s when you claimed to be “lè trolling”:

Originally posted by Issue313 People with this sort of attitude will be the first into the ovens, ahead of the jedis.

Also do you not realise that I'm posting about children starving and needing to be fed burgers in America? Do you seriously not see the troll when his asshole is right in your face?

Originally posted by Fox Paws Sometimes I can’t tell where the trolling stops and your actual, deluded beliefs begin
    Originally posted by infinityshock false

Should’ve said “inb4 infinityshock” etc
    Originally posted by Fox Paws And that’s when you claimed to be “lè trolling”:

"Trump wants to cut food stamps too, and instead give people boxes of vegetables. ... This is pretty much a genocide."
    Originally posted by Slaynk Ok look man if I hear about this again… You must understand that plants gladly absorb co2. Trust me, I had a conversation with one. But in reality we are in an interglacial ice age. The earth has literally gone through periods where it hasn't snowed anywhere on the earth for the entire year. Back to the books son

The difference is that this warming trend is mostly man-made, not wholly naturally occurring as in the past.

Every indication is that the planet has never warmed this much this quickly in history. You have to remember that historic climate shifts occur over the course of thousands or tens of thousands of years. In just 50 years, the average concentration of atmospheric carbon has nearly doubled with no sign of stopping. And yes there are methods to differentiate naturally occuring carbon from fossil fuel burning, so we know exactly how much of it comes from us.
    Originally posted by Issue313 "Trump wants to cut food stamps too, and instead give people boxes of vegetables. … This is pretty much a genocide."

Originally posted by Fox Paws Sometimes I can’t tell where the trolling stops and your actual, deluded beliefs begin
    Originally posted by Issue313

that's not a rebuttal, senator.
    If you think my beliefs are deluded you are probably wrong.

Also the climate change debate needs to include things like increases in water vapour in the atmosphere, as a result of irrigation and agriculture, deforestation, and sulphur and coal dust (which tends to block sunlight to a significant extent).

Originally posted by Enter that's not a rebuttal, senator.

I guess you figured out my true beliefs, that denying American children burgers is genocide and probably a jedi plot as well.
Jump to Top