User Controls

Airbrushing

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Been trying my hand at it lately. Some efforts came out poorly, others pretty well - this one is the little guards around the CPU; they're part of the watercooling system and attach magnetically. They also had PHANTEKS written across them, but not anymore:

Partially done, waiting for the other to dry enough to take the masking tape off

Both done and ready to be connected

Installed

I'll be doing more projects as I get better with it, was mostly just impressed at how sharp the lines came out. I used a stencil on the back of my phone and it didn't come out nearly as well.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    The longer I stare at your hand the stranger it becomes almost as if it's anything I want it to be and it's not even real.

I want your computer. Give me it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor I was dreaming for a while about trying sub-ambient cooling - but instead of using the typical dry ice or liquid nitrogen, modifying a window air conditioner in a way that the evaporator was submerged in a coolant reservoir which would be the fluid pumped through the water-blocks in the machine.

i have actually never had any water-cooled components, I had a graphics card with connections already in-place but it also had a heatsink+fan on it so you could use it either way.

youre an idiot and are clueless how an AC unit functions.

in simplest terms...the 'coolant' is pressurized, travels between two radiators (one for dissipating heat, the other for dissipating cold) and a high-pressure compressor. submerging the 'evaporator' is a moot point and wholly irrelevant in the cycle when you can just direct the cooled air right into the PC case via ducting and fan to cool it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor Jillian if you want to fag a thread up go hangout with Bugleboy and the mother-puncher , this is the big-boy section.

I understand the basics of the refrigeration cycle so you don't need to act like your smarter than me ( like when you tried to tell me I was dumb for using lugs made of aluminum: when I had actually used copper lugs - making an ass out of yourself, but I still didn't rub your nigger nose in it).

The idea was to use the air conditioner to remove heat from the coolant ( not just from the air in the case ,you jack-ass ) just like is done with traditional water-cooling except taking it sub ambient.

any thread you post in is automatically a full-fagtard thread, cock huffer. by your previous post you advertise to the world you are completely clueless on even the most basic concepts of thermodynamics. you reinforce that point by using the term 'refrigeration cycle' in a manner that is wholly inappropriate for 'refrigerating' you blundering retard. watch what happens when you try to use something that is designed to do something for something completely unrelated and totally incompatible. retard.

'traditional' water cooling for a PC is the medium (water)flows from the CPU 'radiator' where it absorbs the heat, flows to the external 'radiator' where it dissipates the heat, then flows back to the CPU 'radiator' where it starts the cycle over again. even though the CPU gets toasty your 'traditional' water cooling does nothing to cool any of the other components that get nice and toasty.

i have no idea what copper or aluminum or cock-butter flavored lugs youre referring to. post the link.

i scraped something crunchy and gooey off the bottom of my shoe that was smarter than you.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor your embarrassing yourself, just stop. go back to what you know: which is talking about participating in gay anal sex.

there it is...derogatory commentary instead of fact-based counter points.

ahem.

suck my dick you cock sucking dick sucker faggot nigger douche nozzle anal cyst nigger. jedi. spic.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra Been trying my hand at it lately. Some efforts came out poorly, others pretty well - this one is the little guards around the CPU; they're part of the watercooling system and attach magnetically. They also had PHANTEKS written across them, but not anymore:

Partially done, waiting for the other to dry enough to take the masking tape off

Both done and ready to be connected

Installed

I'll be doing more projects as I get better with it, was mostly just impressed at how sharp the lines came out. I used a stencil on the back of my phone and it didn't come out nearly as well.

arsetrallians : using airbrushes when 2 cans of spray paint will suffice.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by A College Professor Trying to speak normally to you or reason with you is a fools errand. When you (pretend?) to attempt real discussion in this section your game is;

1.) Spit up trivial facts that people already know and was never in question or is irrelevant to the discussion, as if the person wasn't aware of it. ( Half the time it looks like some stuff you googled really quick and used incorrectly / in the wrong context )

2.) Arguing semantics ( and so far with little to no legitimacy ) about something you are certainly no more qualified/knowledgeable about than the other guy.

3.) Sprinkle in a few blatantly wrong assumptions that you use as the basis for an insult. This is what always removes any doubt that you are the biggest fucking jackass on here

youre almost cute when you try to talk like a grownup. and youre downright adorable when you pretend to know something that you are absolutely clueless about.

that whole ac-unit franken-fucked to a PC...stupid idea. i gave the general premise why. if you dont want to listen to me...go read up on thermodynamics..or dont, and fuck your shit up. you could literally ice-up the CPU. as far as experience, not that i give one oozing drizzle of a fuck, but...i have more spare-parted heat exchangers (radiators) and coolant compressors from so many different applications left over in my shed i could fabricate literally any means of cooling via fluid transfer.

still waiting for that lug reference.

youre an idiot
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader arsetrallians : using airbrushes when 2 cans of spray paint will suffice.

rattle cans dont compare to the quality of a real nozzle. plus if two-part paints...or even a quality single-part paint is used...its better quality than the shit in most rattle cans.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock rattle cans dont compare to the quality of a real nozzle. plus if two-part paints…or even a quality single-part paint is used…its better quality than the shit in most rattle cans.

well if you really want quality, hand and brushes is the way to go.

so now its a transgender of a paint job, neither uberior nor unterior.

its transerior.
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    That's cool, dude. You did a good job, especially starting out.

The tattoo artist who I've been having work on me, and who's also my good friend's boyfriend, he does a lot of art projects, especially with airbrush. He's done some fantastic pieces on canvas, and fabric (like a hanging tapestry type deal), along with work on motorcycles, and ATV's for friends ad side projects- dude literally is a full time artist, and supports him and his girlfriend doing as much. He's shown me a little in the way of airbrushing, which I must say, it's not as easy as it first looks, especially starting out as a noob, though it is pretty fun, especially once you get the hang of it.

Hope to see more projects you do with this medium. Definitely a good way to be able to customize things like this that you're working on. I think seeing an airbrushed computer case, or even the front of a laptop (which if you're worried about fucking up your laptop inase you screw up with the airbrushing, you could always find some kind of skin/hard shell thingie that would go over/around your laptop, and airbrush that instead.) would be cool.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader well if you really want quality, hand and brushes is the way to go.

so now its a transgender of a paint job, neither uberior nor unterior.

its transerior.

too much crack
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock too much crack

the paint job ????
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader the paint job ????

that you smoked before making that post
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock that you smoked before making that post

i dont smoke anything.

my brain is perfectly capable of synthesizing all the druggs i need and want by itself.
Jump to Top