User Controls

Why am I so unmotivated?

I need to sit down and do a project that will take about 2 days, but I keep putting it off. Most of the failures in my life are directly related to procrastination - I just don't do the work that I need to do when someone isn't hassling me. I do better in an environment where I have a boss, but I don't want a boss.
    I don't know why I'm so unmotivated. I don't think I'm lazy. I like learning, I just don't like working.
    Start right now. If you're going to write a reply to bitch to me about how you want to 'but can't' just stop. Do whatever it is you need to do.
    Kill yourself
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Kill yourself

Killing yourself takes motivation.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Snort crystal meth. Preferably high end quality and around 50 mg or less. That project will get done so fast it won't know what hit it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Issue313 I need to sit down and do a project that will take about 2 days, but I keep putting it off. Most of the failures in my life are directly related to procrastination - I just don't do the work that I need to do when someone isn't hassling me. I do better in an environment where I have a boss, but I don't want a boss.
    I don't know why I'm so unmotivated. I don't think I'm lazy. I like learning, I just don't like working.

i forget the name of the specific neurotransmitters and analogs...but theres a shortage of them in your physiological processes for some reason...or the receptors for them have a defect of some sort preventing them from being properly utilized.

when a biological process is hindered due to a chemical deficiency, thats when the human mind and thought processes should take over. if there is no other physical inhibition to accomplishing a task other than motivation, failure to accomplish the task shows a person is no better than a toaster over or microwave oven in their inability to make their own decisions.

life is nothing more than organic machinery

hormones/neurotransmitters/enzymes= software
    Originally posted by infinityshock i forget the name of the specific neurotransmitters and analogs…but theres a shortage of them in your physiological processes for some reason…or the receptors for them have a defect of some sort preventing them from being properly utilized.

when a biological process is hindered due to a chemical deficiency, thats when the human mind and thought processes should take over. if there is no other physical inhibition to accomplishing a task other than motivation, failure to accomplish the task shows a person is no better than a toaster over or microwave oven in their inability to make their own decisions.

You sure typed a lot for what little you actually said.

Basically, "man up"
    Originally posted by infinityshock i forget the name of the specific neurotransmitters and analogs…but theres a shortage of them in your physiological processes for some reason…or the receptors for them have a defect of some sort preventing them from being properly utilized.

Do you mean my dopamine reward system, or something else.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by 哈哈你看不懂中文 You sure typed a lot for what little you actually said.

Basically, "man up"

no one said you had to read it.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Issue313 Do you mean my dopamine reward system, or something else.

i dont know.

and neither does anyone else.

the human neurological system is too complicated to be able to break its function down into such simplistic explanations. thats why when these shamans and witch-doctors prescribe the various psychoactive medications theyre causing more problems than they resolve. my favorite are the anti-depressants that cause suicidal thoughts.
    Daily an(nu)ally [dissolutely whisk the pantheon]
    societally-induced ADD

too much information coming at you from your phone, your tv, your laptop, other cunts outside with phones and laptops

when you procrastinate, are you spending that time hitting the gym, learning a language or developing some skill?

or are you procrastinating by using unhealthy distractions that have the same effect on your brain as a tiny bump of coke?

it's hard to find the balance between being in your natural state as a homo sapien (nearly impossible) and being a functional cunt in society (easily possible)

just unplug for 20 hours a day, don't let the ADDkike get to u
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock i dont know.

and neither does anyone else.

the human neurological system is too complicated to be able to break its function down into such simplistic explanations. thats why when these shamans and witch-doctors prescribe the various psychoactive medications theyre causing more problems than they resolve. my favorite are the anti-depressants that cause suicidal thoughts.

does pulling things put of your ass give you orgasm ?????
    Probably all the sedatives they put in your food so it doesn't kill other food while it's alive
    In all seriousness though I think they put something in our water to make us docile
    F.E. Allen P-TRANNY
    Originally posted by Issue313 I need to sit down and do a project that will take about 2 days, but I keep putting it off. Most of the failures in my life are directly related to procrastination - I just don't do the work that I need to do when someone isn't hassling me. I do better in an environment where I have a boss, but I don't want a boss.

Why do you need to do it? Is it something you want to do or something where there's a negative external consequence for not doing it? If it's just something you want to do but can't motivate yourself to do you can always just give up on it, typically people don't have a hard time doing things they actually want to do. I think the mindset of "doing it because it's good for you" is something of a pathology, and generally a very unsustainable motivational strategy.

I remember in highschool I was an edgy little cunt and wanted to read Nietzsche because, hey, that's what edgy little cunts do. I tried and tried to get through thus spoke zarathustra, tried every tick in the book, rewarding myself for reading a few pages, blocking off time to do it, unplugging all the electronics so I wouldn't get distracted. It was a slog and I gave up half way though. I realized I didn't actually want to read the stupid book, I just wanted to say I had read the book. It wasn't until many years later that I had kinda read "around" Nietzsche that I started to have a genuine interest in what he had written and when I picked the book up again I got through it in like two weeks, which is pretty quick for me.

It's hard to do things for external reasons, empirically we can't do very much of it for very long (the "ego depletion" theory of motivation is pretty well supported). Doing things you want to do is easy though, no one has ever need positive visualization or time management skills to eat a bowl of ice cream. If you haven't sufficiently convinced yourself that the thing you're trying to do is worth doing then you're just going to be fighting yourself every step of the way. If you don't want to do something and there isn't a natural external force that's pushing you to do it then just don't do it. Life's too short to spend struggling to get yourself to do stuff you don't want to.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by F.E. Allen I remember in highschool I was an edgy little cunt and wanted to read Nietzsche because, hey, that's what edgy little cunts do. I tried and tried to get through thus spoke zarathustra, tried every tick in the book, rewarding myself for reading a few pages, blocking off time to do it, unplugging all the electronics so I wouldn't get distracted. It was a slog and I gave up half way though. I realized I didn't actually want to read the stupid book, I just wanted to say I had read the book. It wasn't until many years later that I had kinda read "around" Nietzsche that I started to have a genuine interest in what he had written and when I picked the book up again I got through it in like two weeks, which is pretty quick for me.

the same happened to me with mein kampf.

when i first read it when i was 19, i was like what a lot of bullshit.

i reread again 10years later and was like hmmm .... this makes alot of senses.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader does pulling things put of your ass give you orgasm ?????

youre an idiot
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock youre an idiot

so it doesnt ????
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader so it doesnt ????

youre an idiot.

stop asking questions and go ponder your existence in idiocy.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock youre an idiot.

stop asking questions and go ponder your existence in idiocy.

no
Jump to Top