User Controls

Where do you see gaming in 10 - 20 years?

The 9th generation for Playstation and Xbox will be their last.
    Atari is coming out with their own console, so who knows maybe that will last a few generations but I foresee the PS5 and fourth Xbox as being their last consoles after that they will be predominantly VR.
    VR and AR will be the defacto forms of gaming, AR might be more popular than VR simply because of the interface/IO limitations of VR limiting you to adventure games and boardgame style experiences so for boardgame-esque experiences (RTS, Moba, card games) I see those as being more popular in AR since you can project it into your "natural" environment.
    The types of experiences I predict will be most popular with VR are adventure games, social experiences, racing, third person vr etc you're pretty limited since walking in vr is the major challenge.
    One thing I could see being really popular in vr is traditional 2D style gaming, meaning staring at a screen, inside VR so 2D (not sprites) gaming will live on for quite some time within vr and ar.
    AR gaming will probably mostly consist of boardgame type experiences, card games and tomogatchi pet simulators etc maybe there will be MMORPGs for AR that turn the fleshnet into a game world which would be pretty awesome.
    Expect lots of people out in the fleshnet to be acting very animated in the near future.

The mainstream AAA gaming industry will have gone full diversity mode by this point so niche and creative games will cease to be, you're going to have a lot more one-size-fits-all type games developed by handsome and well tanned individuals and trannies.
    VR will be divisive in that regard since there will be male-oriented game developers but they'll be overshadowed by the AAA merchants.
    Independent gaming will exist and by then the developers starting out now will have enough experience to compete with the AAA, so maybe within 20 years AAA will disappear altogether and those people will move on to virtual amusement park type experiences.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Well you can pound hatsune miku's tight little asshole in VR already so I can't see it getting much better
    infinityshock Black Hole
    the future of games is 'surrogates' where people do whatever dangerous pastime they choose without worry of their avatar getting broked. other than having to pay for a new one...

even non-human avatars. cars...aircraft...animals...etc etc
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock the future of games is 'surrogates' where people do whatever dangerous pastime they choose without worry of their avatar getting broked. other than having to pay for a new one…

even non-human avatars. cars…aircraft…animals…etc etc

i regretfully wish to inform you that movies arent real.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader i regretfully wish to inform you that movies arent real.

- 'dick tracy' watch video conferencing = cell phone and watch video conferencing, 'facetime', 'skype'
    - 'star trek' PADD = tablets
    - 'star trek' communicator = flip-up cell phones
    - 'minority report' personalized advertising = too many examples to list. internet, roadside-signs with IR lasers to ID eye positions...etc
    - 'looking backward' = credit/debit cards
    - '20,000 leagues under the sea' = submarines, SCUBA
    - some arthur clark book, robot servants/cleaning/assistants = roomba, robot sex dolls, all the named domestic-aids (alexa...siri...etc)

now stfu and go cuck a sock.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock - 'dick tracy' watch video conferencing = cell phone and watch video conferencing, 'facetime', 'skype'
    - 'minority report' personalized advertising = too many examples to list. internet, roadside-signs with IR lasers to ID eye positions…etc
    - some arthur clark book, robot servants/cleaning/assistants = roomba, robot sex dolls, all the named domestic-aids (alexa…siri…etc)

didnt know your such a movie fan.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader didnt know your such a movie fan.

not movies...technology. theyre not all movies...there are books, comics, etc
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock not movies…technology. theyre not all movies…there are books, comics, etc

you forgot one thing tho .... telescreens.

now in your hand.
    It will be exactly how it is now but with even more microtransactions
    Originally posted by infinityshock - 'dick tracy' watch video conferencing = cell phone and watch video conferencing, 'facetime', 'skype'
    - 'minority report' personalized advertising = too many examples to list. internet, roadside-signs with IR lasers to ID eye positions…etc
    - some arthur clark book, robot servants/cleaning/assistants = roomba, robot sex dolls, all the named domestic-aids (alexa…siri…etc)

It's called predictive programming
    Hopefully by then the sequel to Skyrim will be out, so I guess we'll be mostly playing that.

I honestly hope we get more IRL games, like laser tag or fighting robots or something.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    or.

stop being bottom-fags and get your fat greaseball ass off the couch and do something in real life.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by DEWALT COMMUNITY OUTREACH I'm actually pushing for the development of an augmented reality sandbox style DeWalt simulator where you can hurt people using power tools.

I think its very important to get new people interested in DeWalt.

i still need recommendations for a good sex-oriented power tool.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by infinityshock i still need recommendations for a good sex-oriented power tool.

May I suggest a sawzall with a dildo mounted on it.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock i still need recommendations for a good sex-oriented power tool.

DeWalt Air Hammer 30000.

dildo shaped bits sold separately.
Jump to Top