User Controls

Retail: Returning Gutted Items

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    So my friend just returned a laptop, that he temporarily needed, to WalMart, without the HD and NIC. They didn't even ask for ID.

He feels ripped off because he has actually paid for HDs and NICs.

What else can this be done with?
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Oreos, of course.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    hope he didnt use a credit card or give up his ID
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by infinityshock hope he didnt use a credit card or give up his ID

He paid in cash and they didn't ID him.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by SBTlauien He paid in cash and they didn't ID him.

nice.

rental cars...strip new parts to be swapped out for used/defective/broken parts
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock nice.

rental cars…strip new parts to be swapped out for used/defective/broken parts

jedi attitude detected.

you might also want to take out the oil enhancement and drain the oils if they look new. also fill the gas tank with pebbles so that it looks almost full.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader jedi attitude detected.

you might also want to take out the oil enhancement and drain the oils if they look new. also fill the gas tank with pebbles so that it looks almost full.

if i did that id use the oil as lube for the enhancement to jam up your shitter.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock if i did that id use the oil as lube for the enhancement to jam up your shitter.

i kinda expected something like that.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader i kinda expected something like that.

in your family you should be used to it.
    Helladamnleet African Astronaut [impartially tyrannize that lentinus]
    Originally posted by infinityshock nice.

rental cars…strip new parts to be swapped out for used/defective/broken parts

This one is a terrible idea considering they usually take photocopies of your drivers license, and if you don't have insurance, require you to have proof of address.

On topic: This works for pick and pull junk yards. Go in with your broken part, they'll mark it, find the car that has your part, swap the guts of, say, the starter, and walk out since they mark the SHELL of the part, not the innards.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien So my friend just returned a laptop, that he temporarily needed, to WalMart, without the HD and NIC. They didn't even ask for ID.

Most people have no idea what a HD or NIC even is. If he stole expensive HDs and NICs and replaced then with cheap ones he could probably get away with that for a good while.

What else can this be done with?

Computers are pretty much the most modular thing I can think of besides the likes of water pumps and sewerage systems.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Helladamnleet This one is a terrible idea considering they usually take photocopies of your drivers license, and if you don't have insurance, require you to have proof of address.

On topic: This works for pick and pull junk yards. Go in with your broken part, they'll mark it, find the car that has your part, swap the guts of, say, the starter, and walk out since they mark the SHELL of the part, not the innards.

you dont remove something that will disable the vehicle or be noticed by the company
    Originally posted by infinityshock you dont remove something that will disable the vehicle or be noticed by the company

Vehicles are generally easy to steal, and most of them go on to be gutted. The key is usually left either in the vehicle or on the hall table, etc, especially in rural areas. Few people take a vehicle key to bed, I don't think I've ever done that.
    mrhustle Yung Blood
    It happens daily. if you can reseal or open without any indication that it was opened you can take it all.
Jump to Top