User Controls

"Have you ever been discharge or terminated from a position?"

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    No.

But really, I've been fired like six times not including layoffs. Mostly poor performance, but once for cheating a bonus system to gain incentive and once for not reporting a serious accident. Also, I quit twice because I was going to be terminated.

Is it like this for everyone?
    whut. This is why you're still working retail in your mid-thirties.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    No, never been fired but then I've never worked retail either. If I could be fired for poor sales I'm sure I would have been many times over.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    when i first got on smack i was installing cable and telephones and had a company van. my pal gary worked with me and he was also using. after work if we were broke and needing gear we would use the van to go out robbing shit. i would park in the next street and gary would go in a shop, ask for 2 or 3 cartons of cigarettes and would just grab them and run as soon as they put them down on the counter. so this one time he gets in the van going crazy coz some dude had tried grabbing him as he ran out this shop. it was just some random customer trying to be a hero. gary had to fight the guy to get away. so i'm driving away and i'm laughing at gary doing his nut and i've veered off and clipped a lamppost and ripped all the front wing of the van off. so the next day i've gone into work with this bullshit story that some idiot slammed his brakes on in front of me and i've clipped him as i swerved to avoid him and the guy just drove off. they weren't very impressed. they were even less impressed the next day when the pigs turned up telling them we'd been using their van to commit 'robberies' in. so yeah, we both got fired.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    i've only been discharged in doggy position. that terminated my erection.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    the only time I've ever been 'fired' in my life is when I was working 55-plus hours a week for some slag and I made him pay me overtime rate instead of regular-time pay.
    Originally posted by Dargo whut. This is why you're still working retail in your mid-thirties.

I got a new job. I also never admit to being fired.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock the only time I've ever been 'fired' in my life is when I was working 55-plus hours a week for some slag and I made him pay me overtime rate instead of regular-time pay.

Sounds like you 'made him' pay you zero-pay.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I got a new job. I also never admit to being fired.

I don't know why anyone would. If your resume includes highly skilled jobs that you've been fired from, jobs that you need to show you've worked at, well that sucks for whoever is getting themselves fired for legit reasons.

Otherwise you either simply don't include the job or, as you do, just write that you quit for any number of reasons.

I've never been fired from a job myself but I would just put the same thing that I do for previous jobs I abruptly quit without notice, and write 'management issues.' Then if they ask I just tell them the owner/manager was lazy and let everyone slack off and I quit because I was sick of picking up people's slack, which is partially accurate in my cases, or just being tired of a job in general.

I'll probably always bounce around to different occupations, I tend to get tired of the same sceneries and motions where each shift is relatively identical.

I'll do that until I land my dream job or start to pursue realistic self-employment.
    ^Or you just lie and say that you got laid off. Or quickly find a job and say that you found that job.

Most of these jobs I've been fired from have been shitty jobs...although a couple paid well. I say I got laid from the higher paying ones(due to the gap in employment from me collecting UI) and the lower paying ones were easy to replace.

I just find it strange that I went from an investigation of ORC to a few years in retail.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by mmQ Sounds like you 'made him' pay you zero-pay.

i made him pay me time-and-a-half.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock i made him pay me time-and-a-half.

Why'd you get fired?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by mmQ Why'd you get fired?

he tried paying everyone regular-time for working between 50 and 60 hours a week.

I should have known better than to take the job when he had literally zero employees for a business the size of what it was when I first applied.

of the 5 employees that were hired there for the 6 weeks I worked there all but one quit with various entertaining exits. the dude who stayed was naive as fuck. before the entertaining exits we had a group pow-wow about the various bullshitery. after this we had another powwow with the owner.
    what was funny was the bitch tried to pawn off the BS excuse that the employees make more if they get straight-time that isn't reported on taxes than overtime-hours that are reported the bitches actual quote was 'I don't pay overtime hours. it works better for me this way.' I told him he's paying me overtime...I explained why...then he gave me cash for what he owed me...and said 'I don't need you anymore.'

the naive guy was a tree-hugger type other zero common sense and after I left he was the only one that stayed because he thought the way he was being paid was awesome.
    Blockbuster

CEO

July 1998- December 2011

Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    No, I’ve never been fired. I’ve only been promoted.
    I want an Asian ball massage and sucking.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Nope.
    I have quit every single job ive had til now.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Listen lady, I've discharged in many positions. You want to try some?
    I’ve been fired. I’ve been laid off. I’ve been promoted.

Circle of life.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Oh and I didnt get the job once after an interview when I was in my early 20s. B*stards!
Jump to Top