User Controls

My New Front Door Cam

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    So I used one of my rPi to set up a front door camera. I set it up to connect to my phone's hotspot(my only internet) whenever it can so that I can monitor it from any of my devices connected to my phone's hotspot. I made a little python program so that I have an app indicator with a little camera icon that I can just click on to quickly see who's at my door.

#!/usr/bin/env
    import os, gtk, appindicator, subprocess, StringIO, webkit

def main():
    indicator = appindicator.Indicator("FrontDoor", '/home/User/Documents/Python/camera.png', appindicator.CATEGORY_APPLICATION_STATUS)
    indicator.set_status(appindicator.STATUS_ACTIVE)
    indicator.set_menu(build_menu())
    gtk.main()

def build_menu():
    menu = gtk.Menu()
    frontDoor = gtk.MenuItem("Front Door")
    frontDoor.connect("activate", frontdoor, "FrontDoor")
    menu.append(frontDoor)
    menu.show_all()
    return menu

class MyDemoApp():

def __init__(self):
    window = gtk.Window()
    window.scrolls = gtk.ScrolledWindow()
    window.webView = webkit.WebView()
    window.webView.load_uri('http://192.168.1.95:8081')
    window.scrolls.add(window.webView)
    window.add(window.scrolls)
    window.set_title("Front Door")
    window.set_default_size(480, 640)
    #button = gtk.Button("TODO")
    #button.connect("clicked", self.todo_button)
    window.show_all()

def todo_button(self, window):
    print 'TODO'

def frontdoor(self, coding='utf-8'):
    app = MyDemoApp()

main()

This here is the short guild that I used to set it up.

https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-webcam-server/

Post last edited by SBTlauien at 2017-10-23T01:12:58.277652+00:00

Post last edited by SBTlauien at 2017-10-23T01:27:45.206568+00:00
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    "FrontDoor", '/home/Lanny/Documents/Python/camera.png'

alt detected
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by greenplastic alt detected

Right, you just put that in there.
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Right, you just put that in there.

No, it's actually there, if you scroll right. First line under def main.

Aaaand you just changed it. Lolwtf
    LOL FUCKING CAUGHT
    Lol, Lanny is a name that people sometimes have. Nobody would've believed you were the same person if you hadn't edited it
    lol, I edited the link to the picture. Nice try though. Also, the picture still isn't showing.

Where can I host it at so that it works?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien lol, I edited the link to the picture. Nice try though. Also, the picture still isn't showing.

Cubeupload.com
    I've never met someone in my life who's met lanny
    Originally posted by SBTlauien lol, I edited the link to the picture. Nice try though. Also, the picture still isn't showing.

o rly

Nah, I definitely saw it before you edited. This is pretty funny.
    Like, why would greenplastic possibly come up with that? Even if I hadn't seen it myself, that doesn't make sense.
    Now the image is working. How long will the image stay on CubeUpload?

I like PhotoBucket because the image is forever, keeping old threads lively.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    face recognition for bud man
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Now the image is working. How long will the image stay on CubeUpload?

I like PhotoBucket because the image is forever, keeping old threads lively.

I honestly have no idea

I just started using it when imgur went to shit
    i have a screenshot. it's still up in another tab
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by SBTlauien I like PhotoBucket because the image is forever, keeping old threads lively.

bullshit.

98% of the time i get search-results for a forum or some other site that has pics there is that shitty photobucket error message of 'youve reached your limit for 3rd party hosting...pay $300 a year if you want anyone to be able to see your shit, otherwise, sucks to be you'

edit: perfect example. im browsing other sites at the same time as this one and ran into the photobucket death message: 'please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.' then there is a gay little graphic showing 100% '3rd partying hosting usage.'

faggots. fuck fuckobucket. i shit in their bucket and pull it down over their ears.

Post last edited by infinityshock at 2017-10-23T04:10:40.273721+00:00
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 I honestly have no idea

I just started using it when imgur went to shit

photobucket banned me back in totse-1 days after some fuck-fag on totse reported the pics i posted as violating the TOS of fucko-bucket. the irony is...the pics i posted were more tame than the ones i post now.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by infinityshock photobucket banned me back in totse-1 days after some fuck-fag on totse reported the pics i posted as violating the TOS of fucko-bucket. the irony is…the pics i posted were more tame than the ones i post now.

You are a very tame person.
Jump to Top