User Controls

California - Where Using the 'Wrong Pronouns' Carries Twice the Prison Time of Knowingly Infecting Others with HIV

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    http://dailycaller.com/2017/10/09/california-to-have-harsher-penalty-for-pronoun-violations-than-for-knowingly-spreading-hiv

Infecting someone with HIV used to carry up to an 8-year sentence, now they've brought it down to six months maximum because 'it's no longer a death sentence'. Now it's just a lifetime of expensive drug dependency that isn't even fun.

'Health care workers' can also go to jail for up to a year now for refusing to use pronouns that a person requests.

My preferred pronoun is 'hitler did nothing wrong'.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Canada is the same way iirc

in NY if you call somebody the wrong pronouns you can be fined 250k

Let's not forget the "31 officially recognized genders of NY"

This kind of shit makes me want to move to Eastern Europe or the Middle East
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 Canada is the same way iirc

in NY if you call somebody the wrong pronouns you can be fined 250k

Let's not forget the "31 officially recognized genders of NY"

This kind of shit makes me want to move to Eastern Europe or the Middle East

that shows how mentally defective homos are. one simple word describes them all...with no need for any further modified terminology:

faggot.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Title is a bit disingenuous, it's healthcare workers working in a long term care facility. It's not like the legislation is policing what pronouns you use in daily speech, it governs speech in a heavily regulated semi-public context. People generally don't feel the need to legislate against those who practice nudism in their homes or whatever but it seems a reasonable expectation for healthcare workers to be required to have some kind of standard of dress.
    Originally posted by Lanny Title is a bit disingenuous, it's healthcare workers working in a long term care facility. It's not like the legislation is policing what pronouns you use in daily speech, it governs speech in a heavily regulated semi-public context. People generally don't feel the need to legislate against those who practice nudism in their homes or whatever but it seems a reasonable expectation for healthcare workers to be required to have some kind of standard of dress.

Also it only applies to those who use the wrong pronoun willfully and repeatedly.
    Yeah, getting into an argument with a patient over pronouns should be avoided. This is a healthcare environment, and while I think it's retarded that our society gives enough fucks about it for it to be an issue, it is an issue and therefore we need to keep opinion out of healthcare. I think it is along the lines of pharmacists not handing out birth control or opiates for 'moral/religious reasons' or not handing out a gay marriage certificate because you object to the idea.

Arguing over pronouns is the last thing we need in hospitals. In most cases it is probably a non-issue health wise, but for some it can have seriously detrimental effects. They generally try to avoid stuff which triggers patients. If you are repeatedly angering your patients by knowing using the 'wrong pronoun' then you probably shouldn't be in the healthcare industry.
    Also we have legal weed. That's why we don't care about dumb things like pronouns
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Ok guys fo real. It has reached a point where I don't care anymore. All I want is to hustle the system with this.

????
    Profit

Let's figure this out.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by greenplastic Also we have legal weed. That's why we don't care about dumb things like pronouns

Opium for the commie faggots.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 Yeah, getting into an argument with a patient over pronouns should be avoided. This is a healthcare environment, and while I think it's retarded that our society gives enough fucks about it for it to be an issue, it is an issue and therefore we need to keep opinion out of healthcare. I think it is along the lines of pharmacists not handing out birth control or opiates for 'moral/religious reasons' or not handing out a gay marriage certificate because you object to the idea.

Arguing over pronouns is the last thing we need in hospitals. In most cases it is probably a non-issue health wise, but for some it can have seriously detrimental effects. They generally try to avoid stuff which triggers patients. If you are repeatedly angering your patients by knowing using the 'wrong pronoun' then you probably shouldn't be in the healthcare industry.

faggot lover
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I kinda... just, y'know, a little bit feel like they should maybe stick to medical science and don't enable mental illness in healthcare environments. Just an idea?
    Originally posted by RisiR † Opium for the commie faggots.

Implying there is some sort of virtue or higher level of existence to be had by wasting time being angry whether or not ppl call themselves girl or boy
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I'm going to work at a drug and alcohol treatment facility as an assistant of some sort, and constantly reinforce to the clients that they aren't really alcoholics and addicts and they don't have a problem.

"Don't label yourselves," I'll say. "You aren't an addict, you're a person unjustly labeled an addict because you really like something. Who are they to tell you what you can and can't like?"

"But sir, I labeled MYSELF an addict. I know that I am. I can't control my usage and I want to stop."

"Uhhh. You're lying to yourself. You aren't an addict, and you'd be fine if you just believed that too, like I do."

I'm sure it would develop a solid reputation in no time as one of the most reputable and sought after treatment facilities in the world, 100% success rate.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Besides any of this why was it only 8 years? It's less painful and far quicker to die from a shot to the head than it is to die from hiv so why would the shot to the head get you more?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by greenplastic Implying there is some sort of virtue or higher level of existence to be had by wasting time being angry whether or not ppl call themselves girl or boy

Yea, it's not like you can apparently go to jail for it or lose your job.

"It's all just about being mad, bruh. Umad bruh? Here take a toke of my doobie and relax. Boys are girls and dogs are cats and who cares if I fuck my own mother?"

That's what you sound like.

P.S: I just smoked some Tangy and some Sour Purp and I'm still not a gender confused homosexual. Maybe there really is something to "Cali bud".
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by Lanny Title is a bit disingenuous, it's healthcare workers working in a long term care facility. It's not like the legislation is policing what pronouns you use in daily speech, it governs speech in a heavily regulated semi-public context. People generally don't feel the need to legislate against those who practice nudism in their homes or whatever but it seems a reasonable expectation for healthcare workers to be required to have some kind of standard of dress.

Blammo!
    Originally posted by RisiR † I kinda… just, y'know, a little bit feel like they should maybe stick to medical science and don't enable mental illness in healthcare environments. Just an idea?

If medical science mattered with the whole gender/sex bullshit, absolutely. But TRIGGERING your patients can raise blood pressure and make them unwilling to pursue treatment. And while you might be like "WEll fukk dem anyway" a medical practitioner should not.
    Seriously though, how can you not see this in a purely medical reasoning? The law is not to censor people, it's to stop retarded beliefs from getting in the way of medicine.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 If medical science mattered with the whole gender/sex bullshit, absolutely. But TRIGGERING your patients can raise blood pressure and make them unwilling to pursue treatment. And while you might be like "WEll fukk dem anyway" a medical practitioner should not.

Telling a heavy smoker to stop smoking might cause the same. I get shit for smoking weed all the time. You can't expect a completely stressed out nurse to give a shit about your feeling while people actually die in hospitals. I've worked in one. It isn't pretty. You look like a lady, I call you lady. You don't like that? I apologize and call you macho man or whatever the fuck you want but that's just me. Getting sued and with the current climate regarding gender issues probably fucked because of something petty like that is a real problem. Tolerance isn't a one way street. You have to tolerate peoples' ignorance to some degree and not flip your shit over everything.
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Originally posted by 霍比特人说中文不好 If medical science mattered with the whole gender/sex bullshit, absolutely.

Also, what do you mean with "if"?
Jump to Top