User Controls

Miners who boasted about killing uncontacted Amazon tribe members now under investigation

LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/as-it-happens-monday-edition-1.4283875/miners-who-boasted-about-killing-uncontacted-amazon-tribe-members-now-under-investigation-1.4284677

In honor of the new news forum, I decided to go ahead and make a thread about this, since this is the article I had been reading when I decided to suggest a news forum.

Anyway, I've heard about this sort of thing since a long time ago, and from the discussion I've read on this particular incident, it seems that this sort of thing has been going on for a long time and still is. Prejudice against indigenous people is also pretty severe in Brazil. It makes me wonder how often shit like this happens and we don't hear about it, especially considering the only reason these guys were even found out is because they drunkenly bragged about it.

Mining, lumber, and other operations often go on in the forest, and since there's precious little oversight on this shit way out in undeveloped forests, workers often engage in violence against indigenous tribes, since they can be very territorial and sometimes attack people who enter their territory. It's really fucked up, and it's rather concerning how guys who would probably otherwise seem pretty normal can commit such brutal acts. They killed around 10 people and chopped their fucking bodies up. I mean, that's not something most people would be able to do, I'd think, and a large part of the problem is that in looking down on these tribes, they are often seen as less than human.

Hopefully, the Indigenous Affairs Agency can get some more funding to get more involved with this issue, but sadly I can't help but feel like this will just be forgotten rather quickly. These operations are usually way out from civilization, so I don't really know how they could go about putting a serious dent in this sort of thing, especially since not all the operations where this sort of thing may occur are legal.
    I always feel sad for the future of these tribes. I know people kind of want a Prime Directive approach taken towards them, but is it realistic? Probably not. It fucking sucks if this fuckhead actually killed one. I guess in his mind they are less than human, just because they aren't living the way we do. That's seriously fucked.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    where the shit did my post go.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    right now this is just a sensationalist article who's entirety of evidence consists of hearsay. drunken ramblings by low-IQ handsome and well tanned individuals doesn't count as proof.

I couldn't find any articles that had evidence of these hacked up villagers that had any better reference than 'reports say' or 'according to unnamed officials.' having a hand carved oar doesn't constitute evidence of murder.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    what the shit.
    How does a situation like that even occur? They're just out in the middle of nowhere and happen to across 10 indigenous people, look at each other, and then start massacring?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by greenplastic How does a situation like that even occur? They're just out in the middle of nowhere and happen to across 10 indigenous people, look at each other, and then start massacring?

theyre nigger-spics...thats what they do.
    It should've been Good News Everyone
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    It's what they did to them before killing them that's the disturbing part.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Didn't hear about it
    GGG victim of incest [my veinlike two-fold aepyornidae]
    I am arguably atheist depending on the time of the day
Jump to Top