User Controls

Equifax Hack

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    The first article I read about this says that 143 million people had their PI hacked. I thought for sure that my PI would be on that list. But then I read a second article saying that only 209,000 accounts were accessed.

What do you know about this?

Also, why isn't there a "This Just In" section?

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/equifax-breach-exposes-143-million-040540905.html

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-09-07/three-equifax-executives-sold-stock-before-revealing-cyber-hack
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Oh it looks like the 209,000 is just for CC info.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I know 3 Equifax execs sold shares worth about $1,885,000 right before the hack was disclosed. Also shares of EFX are trading down about 13% today.

As for the PI, scammers call me all the time, some even with my full SS number, and they sell info to each other, so nothing new for me.

Edit: looks like you already pointed that out. I didn't click your links.

Post last edited by Ajax at 2017-09-08T17:19:22.571491+00:00
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Now they have a $70 Billion class-action lawsuit filed against them.

Equifax Faces Multibillion-Dollar Lawsuit Over Hack - Bloomberg
    https://apple.news/An8b98YkqT4-Vmqqt5sgCQw
    Any more info about it on the darknet?
    Fly, Equifax! Show us the meaning of accounting!
    Looks like it was a vulnerability in Apache Struts.

https://qz.com/1073221/the-hackers-who-broke-into-equifax-exploited-a-nine-year-old-security-flaw/
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Equifax and the government sat on the information for months, knowing full well the accounts were hacked and what was taken.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    thats why i only use credit cards to purchase online instead of debit cards.

if someone makes an unauthorized purchase all i have to do is tell the credit card company and simply not pay it. its not like they can come after you...and if they get annoying, max out the card and stop making payments completely.

not my problem, dude.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Equifax and the government sat on the information for months, knowing full well the accounts were hacked and what was taken.

this.

for the last two months (july and august) ive received more emails from my various credit card over 'security' issues than ever before. one of them i get a notice every 12 days or so.

about three weeks ago a CC from chevron was suspended pending me calling them to verify a purchase. as far as i know it doesnt work because i have yet to call them. not that i give a shit...i have plenty of other cards with lower interest rates anyways.

something ironic is that i order from a particular online merchant every two or three months and for two of those orders the CC issuer emailed me asking if it was a valid purchase...when ive been using that card to purchase from that merchant since about 1999.
    LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Space Nigga [my yellow-marked arboreous hypnotist]
    Someone on Reddit reported that going onto Equifax to check if your information was compromised apparently means you agree to not be part of a class-action lawsuit.
    Damn, I wonder if this is how some nigger got my card info. I'm very careful with my cards yet someone still managed to spend $400 with it in some place I've never even heard of. ABT or some shit
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Any more info about it on the darknet?

Yes, there was a hidden service advertising the sale of the data at badtouchyonqsm3.onion But it's not loading for me for some reason, nor do i know if it's the complete onion or not i found it somewhere, however the original was posted to twitter. Unfortunately i couldn't find teh original post.

This guy is claiming he is selling web shell access and data. https://twitter.com/real_1x0123 His claims hold some weight since he was previously identified to be responsible for a different data breach in which about 300k records were compromised.

https://www.databreaches.net/hacker-claims-to-have-305000-payasugym-customers-data-up-for-sale/

He has provided an XMPP address -> poriv8@xmpp.jp to discuss the sales of his wares.
    Originally posted by LegalizeSpiritualDiscovery Someone on Reddit reported that going onto Equifax to check if your information was compromised apparently means you agree to not be part of a class-action lawsuit.

Yeah they said that, but it's illegal and unenforceable.
    Originally posted by Sophie This guy is claiming he is selling web shell access

Right.
    avoyel crew
    Originally posted by -SpectraL avoyel crew

Anyway to prove?
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Anyway to prove?

I saw their database collections and tutorials. It's them.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien Anyway to prove?

As usual Spectral is almost certainly full of shit.
    Originally posted by infinityshock thats why i only use credit cards to purchase online instead of debit cards.

if someone makes an unauthorized purchase all i have to do is tell the credit card company and simply not pay it. its not like they can come after you…and if they get annoying, max out the card and stop making payments completely.

not my problem, dude.

A friend of mine who worked on the road told me that you should basically never use your debit card, specially on the road. Niggers put skimmers everywhere. Credit = their money, so if it gets jacked, you can tell them to go fuck themselves.
Jump to Top