User Controls

What Are You Doing to Prepare for the Hurricane?

infinityshock Black Hole
    I didnt technically go out of my way to buy anything specifically for the hurricane but I was at the gunshow and walmart so I impulse-bought a few things.

- 650 rounds of ammo
    - powdered milk
    - 14 more gallons of distilled water
    - eggs
    - milk
    - juice

The water aisle at walmart was going crazy...between the employees unloading pallets of water and customers shoveling them into the cart before the employee even get the chance to stack the bottles on the shelves. That gave me the brilliant idea to buy some stuffs just in case.

Nothing I bought was really needed since all my hurricane supplies are already stocked up. Now my water is really stocked up.

The other day when gas prices jumped I filled up all my vehicles, as well as two empty gas jugs, but that was more for the unnecessary price hike than the hurricane, as my gasoline stockpile is more than adequate. Last week I paid $2.24 a gallon. When I was out today it was up to $2.6x in places
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Nothing at all, we don't get natural disasters here. Well we used to get floods but we built a gigantic network of dunes, dikes and sea barriers called The Delta Works. So we're fine.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ^why do you drink powdered milk?

I'm personally not doing anything, everyone here is freaking out because a lot of the gas comes from houston so we have cars lined up to get gas leading out to the street.

I have a quarter tank of gas at the moment and If we run out of gas (we wont) I can just ride my bike / walk places.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby ^why do you drink powdered milk?

I'm personally not doing anything, everyone here is freaking out because a lot of the gas comes from houston so we have cars lined up to get gas leading out to the street.

I have a quarter tank of gas at the moment and If we run out of gas (we wont) I can just ride my bike / walk places.

for food stockpiling purposes:

1. its indestructible and has a long, long shelf life
    2. its a good source of protein

and:

3. i drink it on a daily basis anyway, mixed into my protein drink to the added protein with minimal other 'stuff'

with all the gas i have, i wont need to buy any for months if i had to. the tank on my truck alone has about 30 gallons in it. everything has fuel stabilizer in it to keep it from going bad. which reminds me...i need to siphon the gas out of one of my cars since its getting old.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    You could apply some of these helpful suggestions:

https://niggasin.space/thread/16347
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock I didnt technically go out of my way to buy anything specifically for the hurricane but I was at the gunshow and walmart so I impulse-bought a few things.

- 650 rounds of ammo
    - powdered milk
    - 14 more gallons of distilled water
    - eggs
    - milk
    - juice

The water aisle at walmart was going crazy…between the employees unloading pallets of water and customers shoveling them into the cart before the employee even get the chance to stack the bottles on the shelves. That gave me the brilliant idea to buy some stuffs just in case.

Nothing I bought was really needed since all my hurricane supplies are already stocked up. Now my water is really stocked up.

The other day when gas prices jumped I filled up all my vehicles, as well as two empty gas jugs, but that was more for the unnecessary price hike than the hurricane, as my gasoline stockpile is more than adequate. Last week I paid $2.24 a gallon. When I was out today it was up to $2.6x in places

how do you flood-proof them ???
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader how do you flood-proof them ???

im more worried about fires and high winds.

1- my house is way, way above the flooding zone. during several 1,000 year floods over the last ten years (that wasnt a typo) the highest the water came was up to the curb in front of my house. it still had about six vertical feet to go before it was at my front door.

2- ammo is in sealed ammo cans (all tested by being left submerged for 24hours-ish then checked for interior moisture)
    3- food that is water-perishable is in water tight 20gallon-ish 'drums'
    3- everything else is either wrapped or boxes to be water resistant. meaning leaving them out in the rain wont affect the contents but full-submersion would get in.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock im more worried about fires and high winds.

so your house is wooden.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader so your house is wooden.

concrete block
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock concrete block

then you shouldnt be worried about strong winds, no wolves are able to blow it down.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by benny vader then you shouldnt be worried about strong winds, no wolves are able to blow it down.

yea.

until a fucking tree falls on my roof. again.

or a car blows into the side of my house.
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    Why do you hoard ammo
    Originally posted by infinityshock concrete block

pix or it didn't happen
    Originally posted by Panthrax Why do you hoard ammo

he's afraid of black people in florida.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by infinityshock yea.

until a fucking tree falls on my roof. again.

or a car blows into the side of my house.

i c.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Panthrax Why do you hoard ammo

because im a hoarder. hoarders are supposed to do that sort of thing
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby burble burble droooooolll…

kitchy kitchy cooooo
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby urfy urfy itchy kitchy la la la

aahhfooooo
    Panthrax Tuskegee Airman
    how much gasolien u got
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Panthrax how much gasolien u got

at last inventory:
    - 256 gallons 87-octane pump gasoline
    - 21 gallons 93-octane ethanol-free gasoline

and no...im not telling you where it is.
Jump to Top