User Controls

What to do with broken PS2

Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    I have a PS2 that worked fine for years, but stopped receiving power when I moved house. I probably jostled it around too much. I took it apart and put it back together and to no avail, it's a dud.

What do I do with said system and my games/accessories? Is any of that stuff worth anything?
    infinityshock Black Hole
    sell it on ebay, as new, to some nigger in africa or the middle east.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    build a mini-itx computer into it
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Ajax I have a PS2 that worked fine for years, but stopped receiving power when I moved house. I probably jostled it around too much. I took it apart and put it back together and to no avail, it's a dud.

What do I do with said system and my games/accessories? Is any of that stuff worth anything?

I hold onto an old set of PS2 controllers to use with emulators, the build quality of original controllers is a lot better than knockoffs you can buy. Memory cards and stuff are pretty useless though.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I pay top dollar for old PS2 memory cards, for what it's worth.
    Originally posted by mmQ I pay top dollar for old PS2 memory cards, for what it's worth.

if you're serious I should still have a few lying around, would send them for shipping cost
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by aldra if you're serious I should still have a few lying around, would send them for shipping cost

Are they yellow ?
    no?

Assuming my mum hasn't thrown them out (they're in boxes of stuff in her garage) I probably have 1 or 2 genuine black ones and a handful of third party ones
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Oh I only buy the yellow ones with black as the minority color. Thanks though!
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Let me know if you're interested in an all black card.
    http://www.mini-itx.com/projects/playstation2pc/

I'm actually going to do this now
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I have a confession to make that's been weighing on me for days.

I don't really pay for yellow memory cards.
    Rape your mom.

This has nothing to do with the PS2 but she's too hot to resist raping.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Mom rape is never in bad order.
    After raping your mom, pull out and cum on the ps2
    me sucking your mama's titty like

Grimace motherfucker [my enumerable hindi guideword]
    Repair it. Is this for a "fat" or "slimline" PS2? What model specifically is it? Have you already tried changing power supply adapters? Do you have a mutimeter? If so, do you know how to use it?

Check for DCV and A of the power supply adapter, we can start there. Once we've established that the power supply adapter is in working order, we can move forward. You'll need to open the PS2 up again and remove the power supply board and then we will be testing components on the board for failure and then replacement or, if you'd rather not go through the trial and error, you could simply replace the power supply board if we determine that's the problem.

ARE YOU READY?
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Worked at plenty of game shops and currently an arcade. If you've only got normie tier games for the lot you'll get like 30 for everything in pawn, if the ps2 worked. Sold to a game shop a substantial collection could bet you a few bucks, but you'll feel gyped. What type/model is it? I could troubleshoot you a bit
    Originally posted by Grimace Repair it. Is this for a "fat" or "slimline" PS2? What model specifically is it? Have you already tried changing power supply adapters? Do you have a mutimeter? If so, do you know how to use it?

Check for DCV and A of the power supply adapter, we can start there. Once we've established that the power supply adapter is in working order, we can move forward. You'll need to open the PS2 up again and remove the power supply board and then we will be testing components on the board for failure and then replacement or, if you'd rather not go through the trial and error, you could simply replace the power supply board if we determine that's the problem.

ARE YOU READY?

Mfw you suggest putting work into troubleshooting a $10 electronic device

DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    They're slowly going up in value. Stores will sell em for 50 or so if they're nice now. There are tons of great games and the 2nd biggest library on any console, beaten only by DS through technicalities regarding the e-shop rereleasing retro games from previous handhelds on it. Still the most games developed specifically for the console.

Plus with the backwards compatible ps3s dwindling as they fail more each year (due to a planned obsolecense scheme involving bad fans and overheating) the sad fact is the only decent way to play this honestly great library is through the machines themselves. Sure you could try emulation, but ps2 emulation is difficult, lagging even on too of the line systems And being buggy to boot, the ps2 should not be counted out by any stretch of the imagination
Jump to Top