User Controls

Your ideal breakfast.

Whenever I'm feeling leisurely in the morning, I make a nice English breakfast.

- Buttered, toasted English muffins/Italian bread
    - Milk tea, sweetened
    - Beef sausages
    - Eggs
    - Seared tomatoes

I make everything in one skillet; I start by roasting a bit of freshly ground pepper in the pan over low heat, then placing a generous spoonful of butter and a very small amount of garlic in there, and I push it around with a spatula.

Then I put 2-3 drops of vegetable oil in there to keep it loosy goosy. At this point, I toss the sausages in the pan, poking them as they cook. They release their own fats, which are delicious.

Then once the sausages are about 60% done, I crack 2 eggs on one side of the pan and corral it into the side till the edges are cooked enough to stay there with the spatula. In the process, I divert the fats towards the eggs, and they give it a delicious umami flavour, and all the salt it needs. This should also push all the pepper in the pan to the eggs, which should be incredibly aromatic at this point.

By this point, the sausages are usually close to being done, so I move the plate, and place 2 smallish vine of cherry tomatoes (usually 6-7 of them on the cutting I use) on the far side of the pan and let them sear and cook over the slightly lower heat. I drizzle a bit of olive oil over them.

I'll flip the eggs over at this point and let it take a bit more heat, while moving it next to the cherry tomatoes, to settle in the lower heat. I'll then drizzle some olive oil in the hottest part of the pan, and toss 1 big slice of Italian bread on there, and let it toast in the pan, flipping it over every 10 seconds or so.

When the first bread is done, I put it on the plate, then place the egg on top of it, and put on a second piece of bread. When THAT is done, I take it out, put it besides the first one, and then move the vine of cherry tomatoes to my plate, directly on top of the egg. The key is to let the tomatoes rest after removing them from the heat. They are molten lava on the inside. They will lose a lot of their best to the egg, warming it up, and coming down to a delicious temperate. I wait about 2-3 minutes for them to hit the optimal temperature. And then I move them off the egg, slice each of them in half and sprinkle a little pepper on their now juicy, roasted flesh.

Parallel to this, I run my electric kettle and about the time I move the sausages out, I pour the water into the teapot and put them leaves in there, so they have a lot of time to steep, brew and my tea can get really strong. 1 teaspoon of sugar, one heaping teaspoon of powdered milk, ez gg.

Then I sit down and enjoy it with some Tom and Jerry cartoon streams.

What's your favourite all-out breakfast? What are your mornings like with it?
    Discount Whore 2.0 Houston [retell my unflavored scrape]
    what kind of beef sausage do you use? I always have trouble finding good sausage
    cerakote African Astronaut
    3x eggs, softboiled with salt and pepper
    2x white toast, buttered well
    3x strips beef bacon
    hash browns, cooked well with salt and pepper
    ripe peach, nice and cold
    barely ripened banana, fresh out of the fridge just like the peach

i like to wake up with a cup or two of coffee (cup being a 20oz yeti) and eat a late but hearty breakfast. sets me up nicely for a big ol pinch of grizzly and comfy shitposting time
    Originally posted by Discount Whore 2.0 what kind of beef sausage do you use? I always have trouble finding good sausage

Idk, whatever my butcher has. He sells packs of em.
    HampTheToker African Astronaut
    Bacon, egg, and cheese bagel with mayo on both halves of the bagel.

I scramble the egg and use the bacon grease in the pan instead of butter or oil, because that's how we do down south. Fold it over like an omelette, then salt and pepper and a slice of cheese. I toast the bagel in a toaster.

It might not be sophisticated, but it is good as fuck as long as you're using good bacon and bagels instead of the cheap shit.

Also, BLTs. Nothing beats a good BLT.
    I don't eat the swine but it sounds like it tastes delicious as part of a breakfast. I do favour some beef bacon from time to time, which I make myself.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon I don't eat the swine…

Nigga, my mom's best friend friend was married to a man from UAE back in the day, and he'd come over for breakfast and would eat the bacon and country ham and say, "Damn you, Cherree. We're all going to hell."

I still laugh my ass off when my mom does the impression.
    Originally posted by HampTheToker

Nigga, my mom's best friend friend was married to a man from UAE back in the day, and he'd come over for breakfast and would eat the bacon and country ham and say, "Damn you, Cherree. We're all going to hell."

I still laugh my ass off when my mom does the impression.

Pigs are just gross to me man.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Pigs are just gross to me man.

And, cows are sacred to Indians, but they still taste like heaven. What's your point?
    Originally posted by HampTheToker And, cows are sacred to Indians, but they still taste like heaven. What's your point?

I don't give a fuck about what's sacred. Pigs are disgusting. The chicken could be the god of all Manichaeism and I wouldn't give a fuck. But pigs are filthy. As is succinctly argued in Pulp Fiction.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I sometimes eat dinner as breakfast and vice reversa.
    Originally posted by Sophie I sometimes eat dinner as breakfast and vice reversa.

Dinner, the breakfast of champions.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Discount Whore 2.0 what kind of beef sausage do you use? I always have trouble finding good sausage

ask finny. he has just the right kind for you.
    blackbird Tuskegee Airman
    I really only like pastries and fruit for breakfast: doughnuts, coffee cake, muffins, strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Dinner, the breakfast of champions.

I lol'd. Generally though, scrambled eggs with a side of bacon will do me nicely. Also toast.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I never eat breakfast at all, intermittent fasting.

Pigs are only filthy due to the abhorrent conditions the vast majority are kept in. Regardless, it's not as if fecal matter becomes intrinsically enmeshed into muscle tissue. Any exposure is largely external.

What about cows? Do you know how fucking filthy the CAFOs they're kept in are?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    anyone who argues pigs are filthy hasnt been on a farm and seen the rest of the animals
    CF how da fuck did you make your avatar its genius
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Something made for me with love
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Skipped.
Jump to Top