User Controls

How would you fare in a survival scenario?

EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    Not sure if you guys know, but there was a major blizzard that just hit the North East. Apparently it knocked over 100,000 people off the power grid, towns in New Jersey got evacuated, eight states declared a state of emergency, and somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 people died. It kind of makes you wonder, if you didn't have a whole lot of warning beforehand and something happened where you couldn't just go to the store to buy what you need, how would you do? Would you be one of the people who didn't make it? I don't consider myself a "survivalist" nutjob or anything like that, but even FEMA suggests you have week's worth of supplies in your house in case something happens.

Scenario

I'm assuming we're talking about some kind of storm, but feel free to make up more interesting scenarios - like a really bad storm, insurrection, the collapse of the dollar or something.

Living Conditions

I think my family and I would do pretty well. I only live with one other person, who happens to be a registered nurse who doesn't eat very much. We live out in the woods, and the nearest town is fifteen minutes by car. If there was some kind of awful snowstorm, there's no way you'd be able to get back where we live - no way in and no way out.

I am in good health. I do at least one hundred push-ups a day just to make sure that I don't get too soft. I don't drink alcohol, do drugs, smoke, drink coffee, or have any other kind of habit that leads to a physical dependency (yes, you can go through caffiene withdrawal).

Supplies (for two people)

I always have at least one month's supply of water in my house.This includes drinking water and water for hygiene.

I have four days of dehydrated food.

3 first aid kits

Tons of cold weather gear, including air operated warming devices (these things work wonders) and space blankets

Five sealed containers of Soap and Shampoo just for this occasion

Special Skills

Part of being a mountaineer is that I have extensive experience hunting, fishing, and trapping. In fact, I just got a brand new trap in the mail a few days ago (it's beautiful). I can easily shoot rabbits out of my yard or fend for other animals if need be.

I have extensive combat military training in case I needed to defend myself or my family.

I have an education in psychology and am able to detect signs of cabin fever, as well as be make sure my family and I don't go crazy or get too angry with each other.

Defense

I have enough firearms and ammunition to defend myself and my family, as well as go hunting.

Psychological Needs

I have a ton of books, candles, and flashlights. My family and I are very big readers and we have so many books that we'd never run out of stuff to read.

So let's see how you niggasinspace guys stack up.

I didn't read the thread but I'd get my murder on as long as I can. I know a couple of hunters I'd try to kill first to get their weapons. Poison them with drugs if necassery. I'd probably just kill myself to be honest, though.
    I didn't read the thread but I'd get my murder on as long as I can. I know a couple of hunters I'd try to kill first to get their weapons. Poison them with drugs if necassery. I'd probably just kill myself to be honest, though.

Survival score - 0.5 - 10
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Soylent Green... this is actually going to happen soon in real life.

Soylent Green… this is actually going to happen soon in real life.

That's actually not too far-fetched.
    Sharpie Houston
    It all depends on the scenario.

Whats happening/happened. (Too what scale/degree)
    What you have on you, or can get within the next 15mins
    Your location. (weather/temperature norms)
    Your familiarization or knowledge of your location.
    If you have a family vs. Being by yourself.
    Defense & security measures. (OPSEC)

Now in the scenario you've given, or should I say, happening...
    If I was from one of those NJ areas, with the knowledge I possess, I would stay.
    Why?
    I know I'd be fine. Plus, you said WHOLE TOWNS were evacuated. That is just WAY TOO MUCH free shit for me to just let go.
    It all depends on the scenario.

Whats happening/happened. (Too what scale/degree)
    What you have on you, or can get within the next 15mins
    Your location. (weather/temperature norms)
    Your familiarization or knowledge of your location.
    If you have a family vs. Being by yourself.
    Defense & security measures. (OPSEC)

Now in the scenario you've given, or should I say, happening…
    If I was from one of those NJ areas, with the knowledge I possess, I would stay.
    Why?
    I know I'd be fine. Plus, you said WHOLE TOWNS were evacuated. That is just WAY TOO MUCH free shit for me to just let go.

Probably not a bad idea. I would probably hang back in that kind of scenario as well. I have enough stuff to last me.

I mean honestly the people who died were probably homeless, mentally ill, or very underprepared.

I think in most scenarios I'd probably stay put. I'd be happy to bug in and deal with it. So long as I didn't get some kind of crazy disease or have some kind of medical thing that requires hosptial, I'd be okay.
    People dozers... they're coming.

I just would. Plans fall apart. I've cultivated enough knowledge that I could get by on trial and error.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Scenario

Everybody in the world magically disappears save for me.

Living Conditions

I would definitely upgrade my living arrangements; I'd probably find a nice 2 or 3-bedroom apartment with a built-in dishwasher and perhaps an on-site fitness facility.

Supplies (for one people)

I have my morals, so I, of course, would not easily break in and gather a vast variety of supplies from all of the thousands of unoccupied residences and businesses near my headquarters. I would instead rely on whatever contents currently occupied my apartment. If it happened at this moment I'd be limited to:

A few cans of pineapple tidbits
    15 frozen club steaks
    A cat
    A small fan
    10 Keystone Light widemouth 12oz cans
    148 Keystone Light widemouth 12oz cans (empty)
    2 weeks worth of hygiene materials
    Some clothes

Special Skills

Part of being a Northerner is that I have extensive experience isolating, staying inside, and holing up with no communication with the outside world. In fact, I just got these brand new midnight-black curtains in the mail a few days ago (they're perfect). I can completely eliminate any shred of the sun's attempts to impede on my lifestyle. And no, I don't know how that would benefit me.

I achieved a blue-belt in karate many years ago.

Defense

In case I had to defend myself against a polar bear or wildebeest I would craft a spear. A fucking proper as fuck typa spear.

Psychological Needs

I guess I'd just mostly hang out with my cat and draw pictures. When my cat eventually died I'd draw pictures of her dead body and pin them up all over my walls. If I somehow became bored with drawing pictures of my dead cat, I'd put together a jigsaw of a sailboat or a Swedish landscape.
    Scenario
    Let's go with the blizzard

We've got a decent amount of canned food actually. But not enough to last more than say, a month. We have no water saved and we use city water, so if that went out, we would dehydrate. Though, being a blizzard, we could always go outside. We have plenty of propane to boil water and food with if gas got shut off. Our house is very heavy set so with enough jackets and blankets, the cold really wouldn't be a health problem.

As for going and looting, there's a very good selection where I am at but there's also a lot of people. The big name places would be raided pretty quickly and I don't know that we'd be able to get away with much. Most of my family would probably be too scared to do anything like that and we'd only go when the prime picking have been picked.

As for weapons, all we've got is a bow and arrow which nobody is good with in the first place. Finding wildlife to hunt in my area would be hard but I could probably make a snare and catch a rabbit here and there no problem.

We've also got lots of basic tools and household construction stuff like saws and drills and nails, etc. Enough wood to build a shed. Not many trees or anything to cut down for fire, our firewood stockpile wouldn't last more than a few nights.

I don't have any special skills really, I know more about survival than the average person but it's not extensive. I know a lot about the local wildlife so as for the rabbit thing, I know where I'd put a snare. I know where the deer in the local forest bed at night. I know how to discern bird calls for robins, cardinals and red winged blackbirds *very well* to the extent that I can tell where they are chirping and at least for cardinals I can discern age and gender. This is not very useful but if I were in a survival scenario it would help to know when somebody was coming.

Better than any of you because when I was 10 years old I lived in a burned out crack house in -40° north Dakota glory in the dead of winter with no power and I ran extension cords from across a street under the snow to power a TV and super Nintendo. Nowadays I cook shake and bake meth in the woods and hold several patents on zombie apocalypse nuclear fission generators and I can do chemistry even in prison or a mental hospital (making wine). Survival is easy if you live a life of intellect and poverty and trust in god and Satan and the forces of capitalism
    Anybody can just dig for bugs and worms.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Scenario

I'm going with insurrection.

Living Conditions

I'll first send my gf to go live in a queiter place. Other than that, i am going to join the insurrection so we'd probably be in a group and camp out in shot up buildings and shit.

Supplies

I have a day or three in liquids, maybe 5 days worth of canned goods.

One first aid kit, 60 oxycodone tablets. 20 diazepam tablets. And assorted meds like tylenol, and regular stuff like that.

Holland is bretty cold in general so i have good winter clothes and i got special working boots as well which are comfy, warm, sturdy and will keep my feet dry.

Couple hygeine products.

Special Skills

I can make a hell of a bomb, got knowledge of chemistry, pharmacology, toxicology and medicine in general which will all be valuable assets for the insurrectionists i'll be joining.

I have an education in electrical engineering.

Defense

One hunting knive.
    Two smaller knives.
    SAP gloves.

Potentially a 9mm Makarov pistol.

Psychological Needs

I can survive psychologically as long as i have people to talk to. Which i will, because i'm joining the insurrection.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    this is pathetic. humanity's ancestors thrived in ice-ace conditions and when a little flurry twinkles out of the sky everyone goes all armageddon. let's do something more fun...and realistic: societal collapse with balkanized ethnic warfare; as per yugoslavia circa the early/mid 90s
    this is pathetic. humanity's ancestors thrived in ice-ace conditions and when a little flurry twinkles out of the sky everyone goes all armageddon. let's do something more fun…and realistic: societal collapse with balkanized ethnic warfare; as per yugoslavia circa the early/mid 90s

I don't know if I'd call everybody eating their children's brains, having sex with animals, and dying of tooth decay our 20s is "thriving" but I guess you live your life how you want fam.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    People dozers… they're coming.

dat predictive programming dough
    programming dough

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/176/435633202_7e389e44a7.jpg
    Anybody can just dig for bugs and worms.
    I bet you find good ones in the alley behind Tim Hortons.
    Scenario- Zombie Apocalypse in the dead of winter all water and food frozen Living Conditions- Fargo N.Dakota 40 acres a few fruit trees 1 hour drive to town, downtown Fargo overrun by zombies and bandits. Supplies(5 people 2dogs 4cats)- Canned Food,Sausage, Bread maker, Solar USB charger, Wind generators, Power Grid is on, Natural Gas works, Grains, Cattle, frozen beef, wild meat, ducks hung outside last forever, Carboys and supplies to make Wine, Hot water heaters, compressed air generators, 100gallons gasoline, Drums of solvents and stain, Dry stored Wood to frame a house, A butcher shop, Band Saws, A smoke house, Cherry Wood to smoke salmon, bacon, beef. A slaughter house, a root cellar, 4 houses, Beer, Wine, Hard Booze, 1kg Cannabis low grade to be sprayed with syncans ala sploo, 55gallon drums, yeast, benzaldehyde, red phosphorus, phosphorous acid, calcium hypochlorite, hydroxide, lye, sulfuric acid, 50poumds calcium chloride and magnsium sulfate, diatamaceous earth, ammoniym nitrate, potassium chloride, potassium nitrate, KH3PO3, bundy, DPH , Tylenol, aspirin, Bandages, first aid kits, 10 rifles 2 shotguns 1 handgun . an ammo press, 4 cars, a farm combine John Deere, 2 cows 1 calf, .308 rounds .44 mag rounds 12gauge .22 and .20? Gauge shotgun idk the guns that well. 1 crossbow 100 bolts 1 composite bow 100 bolts, cattle prods, Cigars, Spices, Cheese, Seeds, Grain and Grass seeds, oil, ether. Special Skills- I can run power plants and cook drugs like Robaxacet. We can make food and process meat (at the farm). Live near a fracking field and gas pipeline. Defense- Electricity, Laser Dazzler, Guns, Knives, Sharp Sticks, Dogs, Cats, Rats with bombs, Bats with bombs. IEDs and dirty bombs I live near a uranium mine fuck you all Psychological Needs Methamphetamine 24/7 I make a QP minimum or I don't cook and the chemicals can be used for other things
Jump to Top