User Controls

Making marijuana butter?

I just bought one pound of good marijuana to last me for at least a few months. I do not like smoking weed but I like eating it. How do I make good marijuana butter?
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I recall Lanny made some last month. He either wrote about it in TRT or made a thread.
    You're going to waste a bunch of it that way, I recommend using korova black bars, they have 20 doses in them and cost $40-50 depending on where you get them (assuming you live in a legal state).

If not, I would not recommend using butter. It burns easily and just seems to be shitty to me. Coconut oil is way better. Cover the weed in oil and put it in a crock pot on low for a couple days or something then strain it.
    Originally posted by greenplastic You're going to waste a bunch of it that way, I recommend using korova black bars, they have 20 doses in them and cost $40-50 depending on where you get them (assuming you live in a legal state).

If not, I would not recommend using butter. It burns easily and just seems to be shitty to me. Coconut oil is way better. Cover the weed in oil and put it in a crock pot on low for a couple days or something then strain it.

How much does the crock pot method Snell? I hate weed smell
    The butter is going to smell like weed....
    Originally posted by Kinkou The butter is going to smell like weed….

No I mean in terms of the surrounding environment. I don't want my house reeking like weed. I could put my crock pot outside or something if it's going to stink up the joint.
    Is it illegal where u live or something? Lol
    Originally posted by Kinkou Is it illegal where u live or something? Lol

Yeah Florida only just got Medical, and it's only available for a pretty narrow range of shit, although docs can prescribe it for whatever. I can get edibles from Colorado but the hookup I have is a faggot and is really weird about supply. So I just bought a pound of weed, and I'm going to turn it into cannabis oil and ice it.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon No I mean in terms of the surrounding environment. I don't want my house reeking like weed. I could put my crock pot outside or something if it's going to stink up the joint.

Not sure because my apt pretty much always smelled like weed anytime I've ever done that. But I mean if we're talking a pound, I don't really see how you could get around that. It's going to smell no matter what. Maybe you could do it in a garage or something.

Can you get decent hash? If you can get hash I have an excellent cheap method of using it to get high as fuck edibly a lot. Take about .2 g, which should get you nice and high, and put it in a shot glass and just cover it with a dash of coconut oil. Microwave it for a minute and take a chopstick or something and crush up/mix around the hash, let it cool down for a few minutes then do the microwave again, then dip some bread or something in there and eat it. It's surprisingly potent. You could also scale this method up if you wanted to do a bunch at one time. I've taken the resulting oil and put it in the fridge and then put the oil in capsules too.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Step 1

To make marijuana-infused butter like a pro, heat should be applied to the cannabis first to fully activate the THC, a process known as decarboxylation. To decarb your cannabis, heat oven to 240 degrees. Place the plant material in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the sheet a couple of times to ensure even heating. The cannabis will become dry and crumbly. Now you are ready to add it to your butter or oil.

Step 2

In a medium saucepan bring a quart of water to a boil on the stove. You can vary the amounts, just be sure that the marijuana is always floating about 1 1/2 – 2 inches from the bottom of the pan. When the water is boiling place the butter in the pan and allow it to melt completely. My recipe uses 4 sticks of butter to every ounce of marijuana, so if you’re using a half ounce of weed that’s about 2 sticks of butter.

Step 3

Once the butter has melted you can add the marijuana. Once the weed is added the heat should be turned down, very low, to barely a simmer. I usually let the weed cook for around three hours. You can tell it’s done when the top of the mix turns from really watery to glossy and thick.

Step 4

While the butter is cooking set up the bowl to hold the finished product. I like to use a heatproof bowl, and some people use a plastic food container. Place a double layer of cheesecloth over the top, and secure it with elastic, string or tape.

Step 5

Strain the marijuana butter over the bowl, carefully trying not to spill. When the saucepan is empty, undo the twine, pick up the cheesecloth from all four sides and squeeze out all of the remaining butter.

Step 6

Allow the cannabutter to cool for about an hour. Place in the fridge until the butter has risen to the top layer and is solid. The THC and other properties have attached to the butter, and you are just about there.

Step 7

Run a knife around the edge and lift the butter off. Place upside down on your work surface and scrape off any of the cooking water. Your weed butter is ready to roll. Enjoy!

Sauce: http://www.thecannabist.co/2013/12/27/kitchenweed/1244/
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Step 1

To make marijuana-infused butter like a pro, heat should be applied to the cannabis first to fully activate the THC, a process known as decarboxylation. To decarb your cannabis, heat oven to 240 degrees. Place the plant material in a single layer on a baking sheet with sides. Bake for 40 minutes, turning the sheet a couple of times to ensure even heating. The cannabis will become dry and crumbly. Now you are ready to add it to your butter or oil.

Step 2

In a medium saucepan bring a quart of water to a boil on the stove. You can vary the amounts, just be sure that the marijuana is always floating about 1 1/2 – 2 inches from the bottom of the pan. When the water is boiling place the butter in the pan and allow it to melt completely. My recipe uses 4 sticks of butter to every ounce of marijuana, so if you’re using a half ounce of weed that’s about 2 sticks of butter.

Step 3

Once the butter has melted you can add the marijuana. Once the weed is added the heat should be turned down, very low, to barely a simmer. I usually let the weed cook for around three hours. You can tell it’s done when the top of the mix turns from really watery to glossy and thick.

Step 4

While the butter is cooking set up the bowl to hold the finished product. I like to use a heatproof bowl, and some people use a plastic food container. Place a double layer of cheesecloth over the top, and secure it with elastic, string or tape.

Step 5

Strain the marijuana butter over the bowl, carefully trying not to spill. When the saucepan is empty, undo the twine, pick up the cheesecloth from all four sides and squeeze out all of the remaining butter.

Step 6

Allow the cannabutter to cool for about an hour. Place in the fridge until the butter has risen to the top layer and is solid. The THC and other properties have attached to the butter, and you are just about there.

Step 7

Run a knife around the edge and lift the butter off. Place upside down on your work surface and scrape off any of the cooking water. Your weed butter is ready to roll. Enjoy!

Yea, I never really bought that decarboxylation step. I've done it once and it only made it seem weaker, if anything. You're heating the oil/butter/weed anyways. All you are doing by baking it first is potentially vaporizing some of the THC which would then be lost in the final product.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by greenplastic Not sure because my apt pretty much always smelled like weed anytime I've ever done that. But I mean if we're talking a pound, I don't really see how you could get around that. It's going to smell no matter what. Maybe you could do it in a garage or something.

Can you get decent hash? If you can get hash I have an excellent cheap method of using it to get high as fuck edibly a lot. Take about .2 g, which should get you nice and high, and put it in a shot glass and just cover it with a dash of coconut oil. Microwave it for a minute and take a chopstick or something and crush up/mix around the hash, let it cool down for a few minutes then do the microwave again, then dip some bread or something in there and eat it. It's surprisingly potent. You could also scale this method up if you wanted to do a bunch at one time. I've taken the resulting oil and put it in the fridge and then put the oil in capsules too.

I already have 1lb of weed, not sure I want to buy more cannabis.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

Step 5

Step 6

Step 7

Does decarboxylation make a stink? I cannot possibly stress how much I hate weed smell and don't want it in my house. It makes me retch.
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Yeah you don't have to decarb if you are baking with it. It will smell no matter what, unless you bought water-cured weed, but I doubt you did.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Does decarboxylation make a stink? I cannot possibly stress how much I hate weed smell and don't want it in my house. It makes me retch.

that's a hell of a predicament you've got there
    shoulda saw the way she looked me in the eye
    she said baby i am not afraid to die
    all my friends r dead
    push me to the edge
    Dissociator African Astronaut
    GET Alcohol
    soak all ur saved weed stems in it
    like a shot n a half should do for half oz of stems
    actually maybe 3 shot
    i died
    focalin.
    over200
    alcohol
    rimbungy
    rembranrant
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    HEY.

Look into teks with Coconut-Oil.
    I can do all the slow cooking in oil shit outside, no problem. I intend to bake pot brownies, will the actual baking process stink?0
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Yes. The baking process will smell like weed. Strong.
Jump to Top