User Controls

Delete all of TSTM posts after like 6 - 12 months.

^
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the entire point of STM is to allow you to disassociate yourself from your account without deleting posts and fucking up threads/conversations etc.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra the entire point of STM is to allow you to disassociate yourself from your account without deleting posts and fucking up threads/conversations etc.

This. Mass post deletion makes old threads incoherent, if you do it now or in 6 months it still makes the thread the posts belong to incomprehensible.
    Originally posted by Lanny This. Mass post deletion makes old threads incoherent, if you do it now or in 6 months it still makes the thread the posts belong to incomprehensible.

>he says, while mass deleting scronny posts
    Originally posted by Phoenix >he says, while mass deleting scronny posts

finally someone points out the hypocrisy
    infinityshock Black Hole
    his posts are meaningless bullshit with literally zero content value
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by greenplastic finally someone points out the hypocrisy

scrawny's spamgasm didn't contribute to anything, so nothing was lost when it was deleted.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Plus, you would be destroying evidence, like Hillary Clinton bleaching her e-mails and using a hammer on the rest.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Phoenix >he says, while mass deleting scronny posts

Originally posted by greenplastic finally someone points out the hypocrisy

I'm actually not deleting them, they're all there in the trash forum. Look them over some time and tell me if you think moving them helps or hurts the coherency of threads.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Lanny I'm actually not deleting them, they're all there in the trash forum. Look them over some time and tell me if you think moving them helps or hurts the coherency of threads.

It helps the vast majority of the time but once in a while he makes an on-topic post

Usually it gets quoted though, so coherency isn't messed with too badly

like someone else said, it's not fair to ask you to sort through hundreds of incoherent shitposts to find the two on-topic ones. I don't think anyone actually cares, they're just playing the "fuck the mods" game
    Originally posted by Kolokol-1 they're just playing the "fuck the mods" game

I resent that. I love the mods. I just wish they'd do their damn jobs instead of mass removing posts from threads and deleting the associated accounts. Or if they're going to do that, maybe don't bullshit about how removing posts from threads makes threads incoherent like that's justification for NOT doing something, when they're already mass removing posts from threads when it suits them. You either care about thread coherency or you don't, make up your minds. -_-
    Tf is tstm? I am interested
    Originally posted by ACE Tf is tstm? I am interested

The Self Taught Man. You can anonymize your account so everything you've posted up until now becomes posted by "The Self Taught Man". This also bans whatever account you're using.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Phoenix I resent that. I love the mods. I just wish they'd do their damn jobs instead of mass removing posts from threads and deleting the associated accounts. Or if they're going to do that, maybe don't bullshit about how removing posts from threads makes threads incoherent like that's justification for NOT doing something, when they're already mass removing posts from threads when it suits them. You either care about thread coherency or you don't, make up your minds. -_-

Alright, would it make you feel better if I told you the reason I won't add post deletion is because I don't want to be charged with destroying evidence if deleted posts ever become evidence in a legal proceeding?
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by Lanny Alright, would it make you feel better if I told you the reason I won't add post deletion is because I don't want to be charged with destroying evidence if deleted posts ever become evidence in a legal proceeding?

Originally posted by Lanny Alright, would it make you feel better if I told you the reason I won't add post deletion is because I don't want to be charged with destroying evidence if deleted posts ever become evidence in a legal proceeding?

*scoffs loudly*

Question:

Suppose someone, say Malice, went on a mass shootie and by sheer luck got away with it. The police are looking for him, and while he never detailed his plans specifically, you suspect he might be the culprit so you go digging through his PMs. In his PMs your suspicions are confirmed. If you don't speak up, no one will ever make the connection. Would you then initiate police contact and surrender the information on your own accord, or ignore it altogether?
    Originally posted by Phoenix I resent that. I love the mods. I just wish they'd do their damn jobs instead of mass removing posts from threads and deleting the associated accounts. Or if they're going to do that, maybe don't bullshit about how removing posts from threads makes threads incoherent like that's justification for NOT doing something, when they're already mass removing posts from threads when it suits them. You either care about thread coherency or you don't, make up your minds. -_-

You have Stockholm Syndrome, your opinion doesn't count
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Dargo Question:

Suppose someone, say Malice, went on a mass shootie and by sheer luck got away with it. The police are looking for him, and while he never detailed his plans specifically, you suspect he might be the culprit so you go digging through his PMs. In his PMs your suspicions are confirmed. If you don't speak up, no one will ever make the connection. Would you then initiate police contact and surrender the information on your own accord, or ignore it altogether?

I wouldn't look through his PMs in the first place. American jurisprudence is such that in any realistic situation I would feel justified in poking through PMs law enforcement should be able to requisition records. I guess Malice could tell me personally beforehand that he was going to go on a mass shooting with enough details that I thought it was very likely he was responsible, at which point I'd feel obligated to report that information (given to me, not obtained by pilfering the PM system) and wait for a court order to turn over records. But I can't think of a situation where I'd feel OK about going poking through PMs of my own accord.

Of course this is the kind of thing I'd tell you if I meant the exact opposite as well. As usual, (standard disclaimer incoming) you'd have to be a moron to take me at my word here and everyone should always assume that for the purposes of criminal prosecution every record stored on this site is an open book and regardless of what you think of me personally I can be legally bound to lie to you and that I won't go to jail to defy a court (or die, in the case of a physically coercive) order for your benefit.
    Tl;dr: don't be a fucking moron and you'll be fine
Jump to Top