User Controls

Weapons in School: Discussion

I'm going to preface this with a video from a Chinese expat teacher person.

So what do you guys think about weapons in school? Do you see any harm with what happened in the above video? I personally don't. I mean I agree that kids shouldn't be bringing knives and guns to school (pocket knives are OK) but people are way too sensitive about this shit. They're not going to hurt anyone with a bow and arrow made out of sticks and string.

Yet kids here in Murica get expelled or suspended for far less. Ridiculous zero tolerance policies that send kids to new schools over gun shaped finger gestures.

Post thots below
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    But if they don't allow weapons in schools how am I going to snap one day and go on a shooting spree?
    Originally posted by Malice But if they don't allow weapons in schools how am I going to snap one day and go on a shooting spree?

Just realized how serious of a risk this now is for Lanny now that you're planning on going to school. I hope you'd at least spare him if you did go on a spree.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Wallace I used to sell knives until someone actually used one.

Did you feel partly at fault or as if you were to blame? For what it's worth I don't.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I don't think making toy bows and arrows like in that video would really get a kid in trouble even here. Some parents might not like it just because it's play-violence, but I don't think anyone would consider it dangerous. In general though, given the emotional volatility of children, giving them bladed weapons doesn't seem like a good idea, the utility of something like a pocket knife doesn't seem to outweigh the risk of stabbing someone.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by Lanny I don't think making toy bows and arrows

More likely someone's gonna end up raging about how its racist against Indians or some shit. Or reverse racism against cowboys.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    in the mid 80s the media started reporting stories of kids taking knives to school. all us kids were like 'who the fuck carries knives, I don't know anyone'. within a year of more over-hyped sensationalized stories you started to hear the odd kid talking about his brothers mates cousin carrying a knife. within another year or so you had the odd kid pulling a knife out and showing it off. prolly another year after this and more media reports literally everyone was carrying knives coz the media had made every kid think 'wtf, I don't wanna get into a fight with another kid and he pulls a knife out. by the nineties we were seeing stories of teachers and other schoolkids getting stabbed and killed. the media just created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Malice But if they don't allow weapons in schools how am I going to snap one day and go on a shooting spree?

you can drive, cant you.

have a merry driving spree.
    infinityshock Black Hole

you whip out your string-bean penis and wack it until you can shoot everyone with your nut butter.

that'll work. guaranteed. or your money back.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by NARCassist in the mid 80s the media started reporting stories of kids taking knives to school. all us kids were like 'who the fuck carries knives, I don't know anyone'. within a year of more over-hyped sensationalized stories you started to hear the odd kid talking about his brothers mates cousin carrying a knife. within another year or so you had the odd kid pulling a knife out and showing it off. prolly another year after this and more media reports literally everyone was carrying knives coz the media had made every kid think 'wtf, I don't wanna get into a fight with another kid and he pulls a knife out. by the nineties we were seeing stories of teachers and other schoolkids getting stabbed and killed. the media just created a self-fulfilling prophecy.

when I went to school no one carried knives..that was just stupid. you'd get busted by a cop on the subway...or a teacher.

all the cool kids carried screwdrivers that were sharpened by hours and hours of scrubbing them on sidewalks.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Originally posted by infinityshock when I went to school no one carried knives..that was just stupid. you'd get busted by a cop on the subway…or a teacher.

all the cool kids carried screwdrivers that were sharpened by hours and hours of scrubbing them on sidewalks.

How the fuck do you get busted with something that fits in your pocket?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by RestStop How the fuck do you get busted with something that fits in your pocket?

dumbasses feel the need to show everyone

also I think a lot of US schools have metal detectors now

***though 80 years ago you probably only realistically had the choice of a 5cm slipjoint or a foot-long bowie
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    Originally posted by aldra dumbasses feel the need to show everyone

this, but like schoolkids think far enough ahead to getting stopped by the cops.

infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by RestStop How the fuck do you get busted with something that fits in your pocket?

there are several reasons. and no one carried them in their pockets anyways.
    Originally posted by Lanny I don't think making toy bows and arrows like in that video would really get a kid in trouble even here. Some parents might not like it just because it's play-violence, but I don't think anyone would consider it dangerous. In general though, given the emotional volatility of children, giving them bladed weapons doesn't seem like a good idea, the utility of something like a pocket knife doesn't seem to outweigh the risk of stabbing someone.

Nobody actually thinks its dangerous, but I have personally seen kids get expelled for less. In my middleschool one kid brought a clear plastic bb gun, one of those 20 dollar ones. He got expelled and had to go to the remedial/fuckup school even though he was a pretty smart kid.

Then on the flip side I knew a girl who brought a big butcher's knife to cut a cake she brought for someone's birthday and somehow didn't get in trouble, though I'm not sure if it was just because nobody saw it. It was right in the open though.

In my highschool rulebook you couldn't even *draw* a weapon or wear a shirt with weapons on it. I saw kids get in trouble for both of those.

I just don't see why kids are allowed to have scissors but a pocket knife is too much? Kids aren't just going to stab people. At least they didn't before. Maybe now they might since its become a thing (thanks media!)
    Originally posted by 霍比特人 Kids aren't just going to stab people

that's dubious
    Originally posted by 10 Ft. Ganja Plant that's dubious

Kids who want to stab are already stabbing. Kids who want to bring knives are already bringing knives.

So much fear in this thread.
    typical loser english teacher. he's most likely a pedophile
    Originally posted by greenplastic typical loser english teacher. he's most likely a pedophile

You heard it here folks: Teachers are losers.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by 霍比特人 Kids who want to stab are already stabbing. Kids who want to bring knives are already bringing knives.

So much fear in this thread.

I don't really condone the use of metal detectors in schools but they would seem pretty effective at preventing kids bringing weapons.
Jump to Top