User Controls

What the heck even is this?

HampTheToker African Astronaut
    My cousin texted me this picture of his desktop. What the shit is going on here?

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    probably ransomware doing it's thing
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Ugh, fucking kid. That's what I was afraid of.

He's going to pay me to fix this. I don't care if he's family. I warned that lil shit about downloading dodgy bullshit.
    Originally posted by aldra probably ransomware doing it's thing

This.

Ask your cousin if he has backups. If the answer is yea, tell him to nuke his drive and do a clean install, and use his backups.

However, the answer is most likely no, he does not.

In that case, tell your cousin to assess whether or not their files on the computer are worth the ransomware's asking price. If they are, pay them quick, then create backups and don't be a fucking faggot in the future, back up his important files so this shit cannot happen again.

If it is not worth saving, tell him to make an Ubuntu live CD, boot up his computer with that and format his HDD with it, 100% wipe it clean. His BIOS might also have a formatting utility, who knows.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by HampTheToker Ugh, fucking kid. That's what I was afraid of.

He's going to pay me to fix this. I don't care if he's family. I warned that lil shit about downloading dodgy bullshit.

If he's young then he probs doesn't have anything important. Wipe that shit clean, son.
    some ransomware apps are deployed by complete monglewrongs in such a way that the private key can be retrieved from the infected machine, so find out what specific malware he's afflicted by to see if that's an option
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon This.

Ask your cousin if he has backups. If the answer is yea, tell him to nuke his drive and do a clean install, and use his backups.

However, the answer is most likely no, he does not.

In that case, tell your cousin to assess whether or not their files on the computer are worth the ransomware's asking price. If they are, pay them quick, then create backups and don't be a fucking faggot in the future, back up his important files so this shit cannot happen again.

If it is not worth saving, tell him to make an Ubuntu live CD, boot up his computer with that and format his HDD with it, 100% wipe it clean. His BIOS might also have a formatting utility, who knows.

He's a kid that's using it strictly for gaming, so I'm going the nuclear route just to teach him a lesson.
    Anyone who runs a combination of Windows 10, Chrome and uTorrent deserves to get cryptolocked.
    Originally posted by inb4l0pht Anyone who runs a combination of Windows 10, Chrome and uTorrent deserves to get cryptolocked.

Originally posted by inb4l0pht Anyone who runs a combination of Windows 10, Chrome and uTorrent deserves to get cryptolocked.

Idk about uTorrent , I use Tixati myself

But what's wrong with the other 2? Perfectly fine pieces of software if you are not retarded.

Also, what's wrong with uTorrent?
    Think it could be this?
    Originally posted by HampTheToker Think it could be this?

Doubtful. Petya is cyberAIDS, you wouldn't be looking at a desktop if you got it.
    Originally posted by HampTheToker Think it could be this?

see if you can find screenshots with that same distinctive skull icon overlay
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Doubtful. Petya is cyberAIDS, you wouldn't be looking at a desktop if you got it.

I think Petya nukes the bootsector too and you get a nice ASCII skull when you boot up.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Idk about uTorrent , I use Tixati myself

But what's wrong with the other 2? Perfectly fine pieces of software if you are not retarded.

Also, what's wrong with uTorrent?

utorrent is horrid; it was a good client like 10 years ago when it was light and fast but they crammed enough spyware and advertising into it to completely negate the positives

chrome (or chromium specifically) is a decent engine, but unless you disable the Google API keys you might as well just CC them into everything you ever do
    Originally posted by aldra utorrent is horrid; it was a good client like 10 years ago when it was light and fast but they crammed enough spyware and advertising into it to completely negate the positives

chrome (or chromium specifically) is a decent engine, but unless you disable the Google API keys you might as well just CC them into everything you ever do

Yes but I don't see how Chrome suddenly exposes you to getting ransomwared
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by aldra utorrent is horrid; it was a good client like 10 years ago when it was light and fast but they crammed enough spyware and advertising into it to completely negate the positives

Yee, Chrome is Borgnet.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Yes but I don't see how Chrome suddenly exposes you to getting ransomwared

it doesn't, but you deserve it
    Originally posted by aldra see if you can find screenshots with that same distinctive skull icon overlay

Best close up I could get on my phone.
Jump to Top