User Controls

A question regarding HANDLES

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    (not a taboo thread)

I just used double-edged sword in conversation, and then I was thinking about it, and added, 'without a handle' because, ya know, a double-edged sword wouldn't be a problem or a conundrum if you still just had a regular handle to grab it by.

So then I was thinking, what if it DIDN'T have a handle, and you had to grab the blade/s, but then I was thinking even if you did that, then wherever you grab the sword would be the part that is considered the handle.

So then I was thinking, basically anything that can be grabbed or picked up has a handle, and wherever you grab it by or however you pick it up that part is the handle, like a suitcase usually has a handle, but if you grab it from the sides and lift it up then the sides become the handle because that's how you handled it. Or if you grab an apple the whole apple becomes it's own handle.

So what's the point of labeling something a handle when EVERYTHING IS A HANDLE?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    When it comes to handles I'm a Pistol Pete guy.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    We've got a classic dive bar across the river called Pistol Pete's. Guaranteed fight if you're looking for one. I should go make an appearance it's been a while.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    I just tried to find one of my favorite videos.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    handle dat shit fam

FUCK YOU

If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best! HRMPH!

Handle my cock you sandy ass fuck log.

I like turtles.

Mr. Lincoln you need to get a handle on this situation you've really let it get out of control.

"But the situation doesn't have a handle, how do I attach a handle to a situa--"

"YOU SHUT THE HELL UP! I ASK THE GODDAMN QUESTIONS MR. LINCOLN!"

"Look I'm sorry I just don't understand how to--"

"I SAID SHUT THE HELL UPPPPPPPPP!!" *slices own stomach open eats entrails while laughing maniacally*
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    vagina handle
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Can someone find the Pete Maravich dribbling video with Never Gonna Give You Up in the background?
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Yes I can!

you must be pretty stoned
    RisiR † 29 Autism
    Not really...

Originally posted by RisiR † Not really…

@ OP
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Not really...

🔫
    RestStop Space Nigga
    Next time I'm dropping the kids off at the pool and someone rudely interrupts by calling I'm going to answer by saying "I got a handle on things".
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    No, it has to be a handle to be a handle. If it is handleless, that means there is no handle. Just calling something a handle because that's where you grabbed it is cheating. Sorry, bud, but you just have to have a real handle to call something handled, otherwise it's without handle. Of course, you can still handle it.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL No, it has to be a handle to be a handle. If it is handleless, that means there is no handle. Just calling something a handle because that's where you grabbed it is cheating. Sorry, bud, but you just have to have a real handle to call something handled, otherwise it's without handle. Of course, you can still handle it.

FINE. Now I have to get the dictionary out.

noun
    the part by which a thing is held, carried, or controlled.

Ahh. I was prepared to admit defeat but it seems this definition would support my case.
    Originally posted by mmQ FINE. Now I have to get the dictionary out.

noun
    the part by which a thing is held, carried, or controlled.

Ahh. I was prepared to admit defeat but it seems this definition would support my case.

If you didn't need a handle on things, there would be no need to even have the word, handle, in the dictionary. Instead of saying, "grab the handle", you could just say, "grab that thing".
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by -SpectraL If you didn't need a handle on things, there would be no need to even have the word, handle, in the dictionary. Instead of saying, "grab the handle", you could just say, "grab that thing".

Fair point.

Ok, so, let me ask you this? Would you consider the stem of an apple to be a handle?
    Originally posted by mmQ Fair point.

Ok, so, let me ask you this? Would you consider the stem of an apple to be a handle?

No. I would consider an apple to have no handle.
Jump to Top