User Controls

Adoption

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Why do people wait until their kid is older to tell them they're adopted, generally?

I would think it would be easier to introduce the concept to them as soon as possible so they just ease into it instead of the sudden shock when they're older.

Only thing is, I don't know the right way to tell a little kid that you're not his real daddy.
    AFJ Houston
    I wouldn't tell them, tbh
    Unless there is an OBVIOUS reason as to why you aren't their biological parent.
    Eh, there can be a number of reasons

-it can be complex
    -parents fear it will weaken their bond with the kid
    -parents don't want to risk answering questions about birth mother or whatever
    -parents fear it will obstruct their authority ("I don't have to do what you say because you aren't my real dad")
    -kids can have trouble processing it

I dunno. I suppose if I adopted an infant I'd tell them right off the bat. It won't really do any harm as long as it's done right. With Tommy it's obvious I'm not his real father, and there haven't been any problems with that so far. I told him he doesn't have to call me 'dad' or anything, but he still does because he wants to.
    AFJ Houston
    Originally posted by Dargo I told him he doesn't have to call me 'dad' or anything, but he still does because he wants to.

That's actually really cool man.

ThumbsUp.jpg
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    i was adopted but i always knew coz i was like 5 and it all went through the high court in london.

fag Houston
    Do they let single men adopt children? If they do I think I will start a kid farm where you farm and go to school and get them at the age where I can teach them to be guitar gods. Constant work and structure and becoming a professional musician.
    Originally posted by fag Do they let single men adopt children? If they do I think I will start a kid farm where you farm and go to school and get them at the age where I can teach them to be guitar gods. Constant work and structure and becoming a professional musician.

Yeah they do, I'm in the porcess of adopting one. Kids are a lot of work though, and that work multiplies when you don't raise them from the start.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by fag Do they let single men adopt children? If they do I think I will start a kid farm where you farm and go to school and get them at the age where I can teach them to be guitar gods. Constant work and structure and becoming a professional musician.

is guitar god your code word for child prostitute ?
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by benny vader is guitar god your code word for child prostitute ?

No shit, right?
    fag Houston
    No, kids that learn to play music at a young age will always be better than anyone who starts in adulthood.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    mq...you're adopted.
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Originally posted by RestStop mq…you're adopted.

Don't you say that about my friend Ricky Bobby
Jump to Top