User Controls

Whats your favorite anime?

Heres some of mine

Aku no Hana - love triangle between a deviant, his exploiter, and beautiful girl. rotoscope. great ambient soundtrack. one of my favorites
    Knights of Sidona (2 seasons) - exiled humans battle alien species in outer space. nice animation
    Black Bullet - guy battles other guys/aliens with his super-human loli partner
    Death Parade - a bar owner and his assistant play games with recently the deceased and judge whether their souls should be reborn or sent to a void
    Paranoia Agent - Satoshi Kon's magnum opus, a psychological thriller with some of the greatest use of light and shading in anime ever also one of the greatest soundtracks thanks to Susumu Hirasawa

Serial Experiments Lain - The Universe set me on a path towards seeking this series out, it was like a sense of deja vu and it's no accident or coincidence that it happens to be about TRANSCENDENCE, FULL-IMMERSION VIRTUAL REALITY, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, THE ILLUMINATI, THE DEEP STATE.
    No, the Universe explicitly created this series to inform us about our situation.

Haibane Renmei - INFP: The Anime. I love the artstyle, the world it takes place in, the music, how soft gentle and kind the people are.
    One of the greatest works ever.

Eve no Jikan - Yes this could be interpreted as SJW mind-control, trying to get people to fall into the trap of accepting people despite their differences, despite that this is a really lovely little OVA with a great art-style and I love the cafe it takes place in.

Koi Kaze - Delicious incestou series about an older brother and his imouto falling in love.

Kamisama no Memouchou - I'm the hikikomori girl
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Monster.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Monster.

I have that, haven't watched it yet.

Ghost in the Shell though, next up is Hellsing
    Originally posted by aldra I have that, haven't watched it yet.

Ghost in the Shell though, next up is Hellsing

Hellsing is one of the absolute best "fantasy" ones ever made, but I would HIGHLY recommend putting off the show until after you read the manga. The manga has some of the best comic art I have seen in my life. Almost every panel could be a poster by itself.

Monster is more grounded and shit. It's really awesome though.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Hellsing? No I mean I've already seen it, second favourite, but I'll see if I can find the manga.

As for Monster, yeah, I have a general idea of the story, seems very slow and heavy on dialogue, haven't really felt like getting into that lately.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by spacepantz Heres some of mine

Aku no Hana - love triangle between a deviant, his exploiter, and beautiful girl. rotoscope. great ambient soundtrack. one of my favorites
    Knights of Sidona (2 seasons) - exiled humans battle alien species in outer space. nice animation
    Black Bullet - guy battles other guys/aliens with his super-human loli partner
    Death Parade - a bar owner and his assistant play games with recently the deceased and judge whether their souls should be reborn or sent to a void

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume Paranoia Agent - Satoshi Kon's magnum opus, a psychological thriller with some of the greatest use of light and shading in anime ever also one of the greatest soundtracks thanks to Susumu Hirasawa

Serial Experiments Lain - The Universe set me on a path towards seeking this series out, it was like a sense of deja vu and it's no accident or coincidence that it happens to be about TRANSCENDENCE, FULL-IMMERSION VIRTUAL REALITY, ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, THE ILLUMINATI, THE DEEP STATE.
    No, the Universe explicitly created this series to inform us about our situation.

Haibane Renmei - INFP: The Anime. I love the artstyle, the world it takes place in, the music, how soft gentle and kind the people are.
    One of the greatest works ever.

This is like the cliche anime snob response but I agree, all great.

Koi Kaze - Delicious incestou series about an older brother and his imouto falling in love.

Koi Kaze was trash. I liked the deconstruction of the incest theme but the art started out bad and got worse and it devolved into contrived hyperdramatic plot where everyone knew exactly where it was going but we had to sit though endless scenes of overly sensitive meat slab be internally conflicted
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon Monster.

Pluto was better
    lmao I saw that post and thought "gee what an asshole" and then looked at the av and saw who it was

you're a cunt
    also it's clear you're approaching everything from the perspective of a liberal university jedi professor

overly analytical ,lacking in intuition and creativity, unable to just lay down and appreciate the mood and atmosphere of a release.

I feel sorry for people like you
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume also it's clear you're approaching everything from the perspective of a liberal university jedi professor

That's definitely a good description of Lanny's thought process (most of the time).
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Hikikomori-Yume also it's clear you're approaching everything from the perspective of a liberal university jedi professor

overly analytical ,lacking in intuition and creativity, unable to just lay down and appreciate the mood and atmosphere of a release.

I feel sorry for people like you

"mood and atmosphere" lol, more like incest exploitation film.

Originally posted by Malice That's definitely a good description of Lanny's thought process (most of the time).

Yeah, because you're just the human embodiment of sensuality and intuition.
    Anime is trash and so am I.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Malice Anime is too sophisticated for me. I'm a retard.

Sorry to hear that.
    You could try starting out with something easy like Cowboy Bebop or Attack on Titan.
    That was a joke, I view an inordinate amount of anime, being a genuine hardcore hiki. I once went two years without having a conversation with anyone, and the 3 year period was really only broken by speaking to 2 psychiatrists about my problems to get medication.
    Originally posted by Malice That was a joke, I view an inordinate amount of anime, being a genuine hardcore hiki. I once went two years without having a conversation with anyone, and the 3 year period was really only broken by speaking to 2 psychiatrists about my problems to get medication.

We should be friends, you sound a lot like me.
    Are you on steam?
    I feel terribly uncomfortable when people attempt to get close to me, even online. I can't even do voice or video chats.

Well, to be fair, I am literally au.tistic.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    ghost in the shell 2 and initial d.

the rest are just animated korean drama, ie: for faggotts and queers.
    Initial -D was one of the first series that really stuck out to me when I was becoming an otaku.
    I was already into anime since like 8yo (when I rented GITS from blockbuster) but when I picked up some Initial -D dvds from the library that really changed everything.
    That was also around the time that street racing was becoming huge in the US and I had a fetish for J-cars with neon lights.
    AFJ Houston
    Originally posted by spacepantz Black Bullet - guy battles other guys/aliens with his super-human loli partner
    Lololol
    Is there any on youtube?
Jump to Top