User Controls

NIS Book

Let's write a story. I'll start with the opening, and then each poster contributes 2-4 sentences to the tale. Make sure to keep it coherent, and limit your responses to the guidelines.

Here goes:

I picked at the paint on the edge of the window sill as I stared dully outside. Behind me I heard shouting draw closer. Not wanting to deal with it at the moment, I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. My shoulder was throbbing and I was exhausted from driving through the night. Why couldn't they shut up already?

Slowly, I began to drift off into a deep sleep. It must have been several hours later when I awoke because I felt fairly rested. Looking around the room I stretched and made my way to the door. Before turning the handle, I placed my hand on the butt of my gun, making sure it was still securely in its holster.

"Hello?" I called out into the hallway. No response. "You guys awake?" Again, silence. Unnerved, I set about searching the rest of the house. They were gone.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    you forgot to add the part about the paint you were picking on being lead-based and that it tastes really, really good...which is why you pick it in the first place.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Oh you fuckers.
    DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    If I respond, this will get weird quick. So I'll wait, got now, on my space station until such time as I'm needed
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Dargo Let's write a story. I'll start with the opening, and then each poster contributes 2-4 sentences to the tale. Make sure to keep it coherent, and limit your responses to the guidelines.

Here goes:

I picked at the paint on the edge of the window sill as I stared dully outside. Behind me I heard shouting draw closer. Not wanting to deal with it at the moment, I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. My shoulder was throbbing and I was exhausted from driving through the night. Why couldn't they shut up already?

Slowly, I began to drift off into a deep sleep. It must have been several hours later when I awoke because I felt fairly rested. Looking around the room I stretched and made my way to the door. Before turning the handle, I placed my hand on the butt of my gun, making sure it was still securely in its holster.

"Hello?" I called out into the hallway. No response. "You guys awake?" Again, silence. Unnerved, I set about searching the rest of the house. They were gone.

Sometimes they'd leave for days, even weeks at a time, always without warning, not that it mattered to me anyway; I preferred it that way. The longer they were absent the higher the likelihood was that they were never coming back. Little did they know, it wasn't going to matter this time, anyway. This time, when they returned, they were going to wish they hadn't.

I opened the blood-stained door leading to the basement and made my way down the narrow and aging staircase, each step providing a creak unique to itself. The familiar scent of bone and tissue lingered in the air, and it immediately sent a wave of serenity over me. I needed that aroma. I live for it.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    do you remember that one time, at zoklet, i tried to get everybody to collaborate on producing a comic strip, but it just went to shit like really really quickly.

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by NARCassist do you remember that one time, at zoklet, i tried to get everybody to collaborate on producing a comic strip, but it just went to shit like really really quickly.

That stupid bitch is like the introducer lady on Penn and Teller's Fool Us show. She's an absolute cringe pot, very surprised she hasn't killed herself.
    Originally posted by mmQ That stupid bitch is like the introducer lady on Penn and Teller's Fool Us show. She's an absolute cringe pot, very surprised she hasn't killed herself.

yeah, i'd bang it still

McBurger Yung Blood [my commendable short-winged anthyllis]
    Originally posted by mmQ That stupid bitch is like the introducer lady on Penn and Teller's Fool Us show. She's an absolute cringe pot, very surprised she hasn't killed herself.

What if she does?
    Originally posted by McBurger What if she does?

is that some kind of sales pitch?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I tried this once, i got two replies.
    fag Houston
    Call me Ishmael. Some years ago - never mind how long precisely - having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off - then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball.
    too many cooks spoil the broth

Jump to Top