User Controls

Old ass monitors at goodwill

I was vinyl hunting at goodwill (they're always beat up as shit, so I only look for the art) and I noticed they have a bunch of old LCD monitors.

Anyone who doesn't have at least 2 monitors, owes it to themselves to get another one, they were like 10 bucks a pop.
    Practically all the goodwills/salvation armys around here either closed or have nothing. Everyone just sells their used shit on craigslist these days.

I want to get a record player though, or maybe fix my dad's old one, but the arm is busted up and I wouldn't know where to start. I should take a look at it this week, really. Not really feeling like dropping $100 on a shitty amazon turntable. Even if some of them are really cute.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    the goodwills here don't have anything infact i've been fired twice and robbed them a couple times. they are total faggots

Originally posted by Bill Krozby the goodwills here don't have anything infact i've been fired twice and robbed them a couple times. they are total faggots

This made me litterally lol.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby the goodwills here don't have anything infact i've been fired twice and robbed them a couple times. they are total faggots

Gee, I wonder why you were fired. You probably didn't even deserve it, they're just total faggots.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Nicely color balanced monitors at 1080p are borderline to me, the standard is 4K. I will never use a shitty letterbox LCD again.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Lanny Nicely color balanced monitors at 1080p are borderline to me, the standard is 4K. I will never use a shitty letterbox LCD again.

2 monitors > 1 monitor any day. There's just so much more you can do. I have 2 nice monitors (my main is 144hz and the other is not) but I'd easily add an old LCD if I only had my main monitor.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon 2 monitors > 1 monitor any day. There's just so much more you can do. I have 2 nice monitors (my main is 144hz and the other is not) but I'd easily add an old LCD if I only had my main monitor.

I have 2 monitors and all I ever use the second one for is looking at dotlan/fleetup/various EVE fits. It was a total waste to buy it.
    Originally posted by Phoenix I have 2 monitors and all I ever use the second one for is looking at dotlan/fleetup/various EVE fits. It was a total waste to buy it.

really? I literally don't feel right with 1. I actually have a hard time using my laptop because of that. It's especially good for productivity, but it is great for eneral shit too, you can watch a movie or have IRC opened on 1 and just do other stuff on the other.
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon really? I literally don't feel right with 1. I actually have a hard time using my laptop because of that. It's especially good for productivity, but it is great for eneral shit too, you can watch a movie or have IRC opened on 1 and just do other stuff on the other.

I have to be able to read subtitles for like half of the shit I watch (not just animu but mostly that). And I mean, the pause button and alt tab exist for a reason. If you're going to focus on something else and just listen to the audio you really don't need a monitor. And it's not like you can actually pay attention to a movie and do anything meaningful simultaneously. Unless you can, I might just be retarded when it comes to multitasking.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Captain Falcon 2 monitors > 1 monitor any day. There's just so much more you can do. I have 2 nice monitors (my main is 144hz and the other is not) but I'd easily add an old LCD if I only had my main monitor.

I do have to well color balanced monitors 1080@144hz, and it's borderline. I'd go down to 1 before I added a shitty only LCD onto it. Briefly I was using my lid display on my laptop next to a 27" 1080p display and it was hot garbage, made my eyes bleed, mixed pixel density is fucking cancer.
    I actually find it really useful for watching subs because I can flick my eyes over. If I had just one monitor, I'd have to switch back to the video window... or give the show my whole attention, and what kind of fag does that? Idk. I might have my browser open and play tetris while watching whatever, or browse the internet. My primary attention is still with the show, but I just "skip" the boring parts by doing something else.
    Originally posted by Lanny I do have to well color balanced monitors 1080@144hz, and it's borderline. I'd go down to 1 before I added a shitty only LCD onto it. Briefly I was using my lid display on my laptop next to a 27" 1080p display and it was hot garbage, made my eyes bleed, mixed pixel density is fucking cancer.

Idk man, maybe you're just really picky. I'd rather have a bad second monitor than no second monitor.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    I've been using the same monitor for the past 24 years. A 14" Sceptre.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by -SpectraL I've been using the same monitor for the past 24 years. A 14" Sceptre.

oh yea...well...all I use is my 8" compaq display thing from like...the 80s...that isn't even CRT.
    Originally posted by infinityshock oh yea…well…all I use is my 8" compaq display thing from like…the 80s…that isn't even CRT.

I get to this site using punchcard and the text is output via typewriter. Come at me fam.
    At one point in time my mother wanted a cheap computer for Journaling or some shit

I was at goodwill one day and saw that they had a few old ass iMacs, and wanted $10 a piece for them, so I bought one

She didn't like it, so I thought maybe it would be worth something because it was so old and you know how applefags can be

Found out they were selling for around $100, not really worth it to me so it just sat in the trunk of a car for a while

A couple years later, after I had been forced into homelessness due to low pay and shitty family, my bridgemates and I were sitting around a fire drunk and stoned as fuck, trying to figure something to do

So we started finding things to throw on the fire to pass the time. Old clothes, non working electronics, a box of 7.62x39 rounds, stuff like that

Eventually we ran out of shit, so we went to my car,which was parked in a parking lot a quarter mile away, and looked in there for shit to burn. We saw the iMac, and looked at each other. We knew this was gonna be fun.

When we first threw it on the fire it didn't seem to do anything. For like ten minutes it just sat there. A puff of smoke now and again, a small pop. Boring. So one of my bridgemates hit it a few times with the axe we used to chop logs,and threw a cup of kerosene on it

It began decomposing at a quicker rate now, popping louder and more often, the plastic parts began to melt and shrink, and eventually this thick, black smoke that caused nearly instant syncope if inhaled began to pour out.

Eventually it got to be too much and we had to leave that section of the bridge, electing to sit on the railroad tracks about 50 yards away instead. We were protected from the smoke by a ten foot wall.

By now the smoke was pouring out and small explosions occurred irregularly every couple of minutes. We were almost positive that a visit from the fire department was imminent. But we had a horrible realization: we forgot the fucking beer on the other side of the wall.

So I drew in a deep breath, ran back behind the wall, grabbed the 12 pack, and ran back out, with just enough breath to spare.

A couple beers later, the smoke was still pouring out and the explosions had become more frequent but less powerful, occurring every few seconds. We couldn't remember where our box of 500 9mm rounds were, and we became worried that they were the source of the constant pops.

So I drew another deep breath and ran back in, looked around, and found the box of ammo about 6 feet from the fire. The fire had spread to a larger area but was still not tall, and well away from our storage area or anything else flammable.

I grabbed the box, but ran out of breath on my way out, and accidentally got a lung full of the smoke, which nearly knocked me right out. I became instantly dizzy and couldn't stand up, so I set the box of ammo down on the other side of the wall, and crawled back to the railroad tracks. After a moment of recuperation I got the box of ammo and brought it to our spot on the tracks.

No matter how hard I tried, I could not stop laughing for a solid hour
    Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    What the fuck Goodwill has iMacs?
    Originally posted by Zanick What the fuck Goodwill has iMacs?

Qft
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Phoenix I get to this site using punchcard and the text is output via typewriter. Come at me fam.

pics...or it didn't happen
Jump to Top