User Controls

"Aleppo Boy"

aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition

Omran Daqneesh made front pages on shit newspapers around the world a few months back; dazed and spattered with his brother's blood, he was a symbol of Putin and Assad's brutal assault on the people of Syria.

Except that was never actually the case. He's fine now, and as it turns out, the attack that wounded him was from rebel mortars, not government bombings. His family retreated to safety in government-controlled Aleppo after the attack, and once safe, his father told the whole story - how his neighbourhood was constantly under siege from rebels and that he'd never seen aircraft bombing the area at all, and how after the fact he was first bribed and coerced (western-backed rebel groups offered him between $8k-10k USD to implicate the government, when he refused they tried to tell him the 'blood of thousands of muslims is on your hands') and then threatened, leading to him fleeing to safety.

The reaction from the media that used his photo so relentlessly to push their narrative would be hilarious if it wasn't so sick. Here's 'Jihadi Julian', a rabidly pro-'moderate jihadi' writer for Bild magazine in Germany:

he's absolutely furious the kid's doing well because it shatters the bizarre twilight-zone reality he's created for himself
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Aleppo, more like "what is Aleppo" m I rite?

- GJ
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    I want to see the aftermath of Mosul and compare it to aleppo, although there a bit different as there's no green buses for IS.
    Originally posted by Nil I want to see the aftermath of Mosul and compare it to aleppo, although there a bit different as there's no green buses for IS.

I think Aleppo's around 8x the size of Mosul so it's hard to compare but yeah - the Syrian government used tactics to effectively minimise civilian casualties (opening humanitarian corridors prior to attacks, allowing rebels to fall back away from civilian areas instead of trying to crush them there etc.), the US forced the Iraqi army to go fast and hard and have been bombing indiscriminantly. Further, ISIS has been taking advantage of this and concentrating civilians near their positions to increase civilian casualties and the US has refused to change their strategy in response.

The civilian death toll is easily 10x the 500 or so they've reported so far, and could well be much higher
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Playing devil's advocate, why are you any more convinced this account isn't the product of bribery or intimidation than the prior one? Who reported the father's testimony and under what conditions?
    Originally posted by Lanny Playing devil's advocate, why are you any more convinced this account isn't the product of bribery or intimidation than the prior one? Who reported the father's testimony and under what conditions?

the fact that he fled TO government-controlled Aleppo speaks to that... It was SANA that interviewed him last.

Keep in mind that when the photo was initially taken, neither he or his family made a statement as to what caused the blast - it was 'rebel sources' accusing the government of conducting airstrikes (without any evidence) that western media ran with, as they do.

Further, I believe the strike happened at night, and the SAAF are not capable of running night operations - that would leave the RUAF, but (I'll have to verify this) it occurred during Russia's self-imposed 7-week moratorium on strikes within Aleppo.

****THAT IS TO SAY, it's possible? But the initial claim that the government was responsible was nothing but hearsay to begin with; I have no reason to believe he was coerced. I saw an article claiming that 'he was possibly coerced considering the government has done it in the past', but I've never seen an instance of it so I assume they're just throwing around unverifiable claims to try to support their narrative.

Post last edited by aldra at 2017-06-07T04:56:42.488036+00:00
    https://www.rt.com/op-edge/401994-omran-aleppo-boy-syria/

Further information, interviews with locals corroborating that the district was under constant attack from Al-Nusra - the locals knew there were no government bombings and were aware of where mortar attacks were being launched from
    mashlehash victim of incest [my perspicuously dependant flavourlessness]
    Either way, it's pretty fucked up to represent a child for any sort of cause, when they appear bloody and as if they just come from a bomb attack.
    That's just it, the 'moderate jihadis' took the photos claiming that it was the result of 'Assad's' bombing of civilians' - after doing the rounds in western media as an emotional tool to justify support to said jihadis, it turns out that it was their own mortar attacks that had done the damage, outing them as liars as well as terrorists and child-abusing propagandists.
    Originally posted by aldra That's just it, the 'moderate jihadis' took the photos claiming that it was the result of 'Assad's' bombing of civilians' - after doing the rounds in western media as an emotional tool to justify support to said jihadis, it turns out that it was their own mortar attacks that had done the damage, outing them as liars as well as terrorists and child-abusing propagandists.

Oh I see, that's actually pretty interesting

It figures those fucking cock heads would try to play it off like that

Such a war tactic
    It's fucking insane how weird the media can can bring, the astonishment of certain kinds of topics into question, when they don't even know the certainty about what they're talking about
    The CIA has had effective control of the media since the 50s (see Propaganda Assets Inventory) - that's not to say they're responsible for every news story, but they're able to push specific points of view and bury damaging news in the mainstream media.

I've always known that they exaggerate and refuse to properly report on stories that are damaging to the US, but up until the last few years I didn't know that they were willing to blatantly lie and fabricate news for political aims.

I wasn't old enough to really follow what was going on when Yugoslavia was being torn apart by the 20" NATO double-dildo so I don't know if reporting today's gotten worse or if it's been horrible for a long time, but the conflicts in Syria and Ukraine specifically have proven that western mainstream media is completely untrustworthy when news intersects with western political interests.
    Originally posted by aldra The CIA has had effective control of the media since the 50s (see Propaganda Assets Inventory) - that's not to say they're responsible for every news story, but they're able to push specific points of view and bury damaging news in the mainstream media.

I've always known that they exaggerate and refuse to properly report on stories that are damaging to the US, but up until the last few years I didn't know that they were willing to blatantly lie and fabricate news for political aims.

I wasn't old enough to really follow what was going on when Yugoslavia was being torn apart by the 20" NATO double-dildo so I don't know if reporting today's gotten worse or if it's been horrible for a long time, but the conflicts in Syria and Ukraine specifically have proven that western mainstream media is completely untrustworthy when news intersects with western political interests.

You know every organization always has that potential for corruption, and it seems to be that in these days, there's always going to be somebody who's trying to increase the profit margin based upon other people's either arrogance or ignorance.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    this entire conflict is a conspiracy to unlock childrens from the protective custody of their parents so that they ended up in some foreign countries as refugees in the street,

lucky germans.
    Originally posted by benny vader this entire conflict is a conspiracy to unlock childrens from the protective custody of their parents so that they ended up in some foreign countries as refugees in the street,

lucky germans.

plan backfired

syrian children eclipsed by volume of north-african military-aged men
    Oh and on the topic of media manipulation, here's an interesting fact:

When releasing numbers of 'civilian deaths', ie. 'collateral damage', the US does not count ANY male of military age (18-50 I think) as civilians. Regardless of whether they're qualified as enemy combatants, young men are not included in civilian death tolls.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    twas the night before christmas

and all thru the house

not a fuck was given

'cept in that sand niggers mouth
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by aldra plan backfired

syrian children eclipsed by volume of north-african military-aged men

not really.

people who are able to pull this kind of conspiracy dont live amongst the populace in low security areas easily exposed to terror attacks.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Originally posted by aldra Oh and on the topic of media manipulation, here's an interesting fact:

When releasing numbers of 'civilian deaths', ie. 'collateral damage', the US does not count ANY male of military age (18-50 I think) as civilians. Regardless of whether they're qualified as enemy combatants, young men are not included in civilian death tolls.

All throughout history, the American government has been bloodthirsty monsters. Liars, murderers, deceivers, greedy fools with no shame whatsoever. They are as despicable as they are evil. They will never, ever give you the truth. The best way to discover the truth is simply to take whatever they say and turn it around to the exact opposite, and then you have your truth.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by -SpectraL All throughout history, the American government has been bloodthirsty monsters. Liars, murderers, deceivers, greedy fools with no shame whatsoever. They are as despicable as they are evil. They will never, ever give you the truth. The best way to discover the truth is simply to take whatever they say and turn it around to the exact opposite, and then you have your truth.
    is there a government that doesnt do all these ???
Jump to Top