User Controls

Someone losing their mind

DocFoster Tuskegee Airman [concentrate my unpalatable boomer]
    Holy shit, at the hospital I'm doing security for someone is losing their mind. Just got brought in from Kmart where they apparently snapped and just started smashing things. Got brought in by the police, and they were hanging out quietly, and then they freaked out again, started thrashing, alternating between violent thrashing and going completely limp. They're in restraints now.

Crazy thing is, they tested completely negative for drugs. Like totally clean.

Not now, of course. They've been hit with a sedative. They had me help lift them. As soon as anyone got near they started howling in pain and terror.

What could be going on?

During the confrontation they started shouting at my partner, claiming they were stealing his soul. Black, trans woman, hair did up, everything. Other stuff going on tonight too
    How hard is it to get a Job like that? Can you do meth on weekends? Do they drug test u? I'm interested in security.

How much you make a year gont?
    It's not great unless you get in on high risk contracts. I'm just doing it for crazy easy work (9 times out of 10), that doesn't drug test ever. Ever.

I'm just doing it and arcade technician work while waiting for my apprenticeship to start.

But truly easy.

General rule is, if you dont need to wear a bullet proof vest, all you need to do is not sleep on the job and appear somewhat sober and you're fine
    Sounds chill, there are security jobs at my work it looks really cool to me but maybe boring and lots of paperwork lol.

Also more money
    hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    Person you're describing sound schizophrenic and having an episode. There are also drugs that won't come up for on standard drug screens too, but more than likely it's a person who has severe mental health issues, such as my guess of schizophrenia. It can manifest itself in unusual ways and unusual times. Maybe they went off their meds, maybe they had a lot of stress or some trigger in their family life that caused this irrational behavior to manifest as it has. It's hard to say, but being as you pointed out this is a transexual individual, it is widely seen in studies that they have a higher degree of mental health problems than the average person who is not trans. I have nothing against trans people but it's the truth if you see the studies done, plus there is some form of mental illness in and of itself just with being transexual... I'm not saying it's bad or wrong to be trans, but it's not normal or healthy to being seeing yourself as not fitting the sex you were born with.

How did you get started in security? I assume this is in the USA? What sort of schooling/cost/time is associated with that line of work? You have any advice or links to learn more on how to get into doing shit like this, please? I too am interested in going into this line of work.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by DocFoster Crazy thing is, they tested completely negative for drugs. Like totally clean.

false.

the tests theyre doing arent showing the chemical causing the psychosis. tell them to try harder.

it may be out of their system and present in quantities too small to test...but it doesnt mean the effects cant still be present.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by hydromorphone How did you get started in security? I assume this is in the USA? What sort of schooling/cost/time is associated with that line of work? You have any advice or links to learn more on how to get into doing shit like this, please? I too am interested in going into this line of work.

I would also be interested in knowing this.
    Also, what "other" shit is going on tonight? Seems like this is an interesting line of work at least once in a while, at least far more interesting when it is than the average job has.
    Security is the shit, and you get to use radios and stuff.
    I actually bullshitted through every part of my entrance. They only just recently learned I'm not in college to be a cop. My company is terribly understaffed and I've been with them far longer than their usual guys, and I know this town like the back of my hand, in addition to being one of their best, so they kept me.

Anything you buy arms or armorwise can be written off in taxes.
    Anything. Consider it an opportunity to get armed if you're not.

I have a really pleasant position right now.

Basically claiming to be interested in law enforcement, a well written resume, and being basically fit, and you'll be accepted.

Mileage may vary with different companies. To get into the pinkertons is another beast entirely, for example
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I used to be a psychiatric nursing assistant and some of the people brought in were obviously effected by what i like to call 'the drug brain' but there were people brought in who tested clean for drugs and had no prior record of drug use.

These people that are labeled bipolar and and schizophrenic but have no prior substance abuse history i believe suffer from a spiritual malady caused by experiences early on in childhood and or from past lives.

Im actually writing a thesis on this about how a persons lineage effects them.

I even brought this all up in sploos serial killer thread.
    Originally posted by infinityshock false.

the tests theyre doing arent showing the chemical causing the psychosis. tell them to try harder.

it may be out of their system and present in quantities too small to test…but it doesnt mean the effects cant still be present.

Drugs aren't the only things that can cause psychosis or mental breakdowns. Fuck, lack of sleep can cause psychosis and mental breakdowns too, ya know.

They probably aren't on any drug. They likely have some flavor of schizophrenia and either recently discontinued their medications or had some stressor trigger this "snap".
    Originally posted by hydromorphone Also, what "other" shit is going on tonight? Seems like this is an interesting line of work at least once in a while, at least far more interesting when it is than the average job has.

It definitely can be. I've seen a guy get curb stomped, been in a fair few scuffles, and made some arrests.
    Mostly it's quiet though. Bring some cigs to share, don't pretend to be Robocop, and you'll have fun.
    Originally posted by infinityshock false.

it may be out of their system and present in quantities too small to test…but it doesnt mean the effects cant still be present.

Not all 'mental problems' are caused by drug use.. Some are merely maladies of the spirit. Whether it be from demonica possession or from their lineage.
    Originally posted by DocFoster I actually bullshitted through every part of my entrance. They only just recently learned I'm not in college to be a cop. My company is terribly understaffed and I've been with them far longer than their usual guys, and I know this town like the back of my hand, in addition to being one of their best, so they kept me.

Anything you buy arms or armorwise can be written off in taxes.
    Anything. Consider it an opportunity to get armed if you're not.

I have a really pleasant position right now.

Basically claiming to be interested in law enforcement, a well written resume, and being basically fit, and you'll be accepted.

Mileage may vary with different companies. To get into the pinkertons is another beast entirely, for example

Do these companies pay for any sort of certifications needed? Or is this something you have to go out of get prior to applying first? Do you have any suggestions for nation wide security companies to try for or is it mostly a local or regional thing and just finding the right place?

I imagine they want people who are going to be cops so they can have folks who can carry a firearm for specific gigs where that is needed, is my guess.
    Originally posted by DocFoster Basically claiming to be interested in law enforcement, a well written resume, and being basically fit, and you'll be accepted.

That's pretty clever
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I used to be a psychiatric nursing assistant and some of the people brought in were obviously effected by what i like to call 'the drug brain' but there were people brought in who tested clean for drugs and had no prior record of drug use.

These people that are labeled bipolar and and schizophrenic

That reminds me. Don't admit to mental illness or psychiatric drug use.
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Not all 'mental problems' are caused by drug use.. Some are merely maladies of the spirit. Whether it be from demonica possession or from their lineage.

yes, there are a gazillion different causes of nutso-itis...and about half of them arent even known...but the vast majority of the time in a case that was described by the OP its pharmaceutically induced.
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Originally posted by DocFoster Don't admit to anything, ever.

fixed
    Originally posted by infinityshock yes, there are a gazillion different causes of nutso-itis…and about half of them arent even known…but the vast majority of the time in a case that was described by the OP its pharmaceutically induced.

Its a common one but i wouldnt say its the vast majority
Jump to Top