User Controls

What musical instruments do you play?

hydromorphone victim of incest [insincerely conduce my paisley]
    I've recently started learning the guitar. I was in a.. Very unusual circumstance which allowed me to begin learning and got a 100 year old Venezuelan classical flemenco guitar. It's been enjoyable and helped me. A great deal manage my anxiety and stress. I literally take it everywhere I go when I leave the house and when I hvea appointments it's wonderful to annoy the Secretary enough that I get in and out pretty fast since I began.

I tried to learn the guitar when I was about 14. I had already taught myself the flute (at 7 years old) and self taught myself the violin a little bit. Iwas very proficiente with the flute and about a schooled beginner on the violin,meaning I knew a fair amount of pieces and could keep tempo with things fair well,but had a lot more to learn still. I hadn't played my violin in years and had lost/my high dollar solid silver flute got lost and possibly stolen- I stopped playing about at 15 or so. With the violin that was about the same but considering that I just got my horse, I just had so much going into that. Niw about the guitar I tried to learn on when I was 14,the damn thing was so hard to play (I realize now it probably had too high of action, and it was truly a pile of shit in everyway and incredibly hard to play. This is why I think I failed my first time, since I'd already invested the time to learn 2 other instruments before and succeed at least to some degree.

I just began again in February and this go has been much easier and I've caught on a lot quicker and more importantly I've been enjoying the time when I dick off and play a lot. It's helped me through a lot of depression.

Who here plays an instrument? and if so, then what? How good are you? How many years have you played? EDIT: what genre and/style of music do you play? Got any advice for a beginner or resources to help one grow as they get further into playing?

I've also gotten back to playing the violin again and will be repadding this flute I ran across.

There is also a classical guitar I am Restoring. That got damned in shipping.

I also have a Schecter diamond series Omen-6 electric guitar, basswood body. The 100 year old flemenco guitar (solid spruce) I have the papers on and play her the most though.. And she really is from the 1920's and sounds great- I put a set of light tension D'Addario strings on a few weeks back... She's been a lot of fun and very easy for me, better than many guitars I got to play before picking her..and she's cool. Looks a Little different than most classical guitars I've seen and also.. Ugly-she's already had a few cracks repaired but she's old.. It happens, she's definitely got a lot of history. and she had a slightly smaller body, more a "parlor" size guitar than a huge "dreadnaught" she also has been. Restored with a piezo contact mic in her too so. It's fun. To plug her into a amp. I have a spider line 6 III 15 watt solid state amp- it's not a bad little amp for what I use it for and hoe I'm playing at the moment. It does fine with both the electric and classical.

My violin is a lower end decent quality entry model violin I purchased from some luthier in Eastern Europe (Chek Republic I wanna say.. That or Romania.)

I still gotta get my flute repadded-but it's a 40 year old, decent quality student flute that just needs pads which I plan to do myself.

Oh and I weirdly ended up with a flat top, tear drop shaped, solid spruce top mahogany sides, mandolin from 1985 that also has a piezo contact mic and is really cool. I like her a lot and have been beating around trying to learn on her too along with the guitar- I haven't ended up playing as much though on it as the guitar.

I have another classical guitar, solid Honduran mahogany, that's 35 years old that the shipping fucked her all up- she has cracks around. The sides of the body and some. Minor cracks that can be created on the back and face. I found some old stock, Honduran mahogany (kinda hard these days) that was a lot- so I got 4 sets of present sides and 1 set that hasn't been bent yet super cheap- it also took me a while to find some tools reasonably priced too. Also found same wood for the binding. That's going to be my project this summer.

Even though I've just began, I've kinda been emerged in it since it came into my. Life in a very odd and slightly fucked up way... But that's for another day. I've met quite a few people who have befriended me in the last few months who play and one who's plays and does gigs/records for a living, and he has been instrumental in helping my progress and giving advice and answering questions when I need help. The others are more... Dedicated hobbyists- some have played in a few bands over the years. Also- youtube. I like lessons by Scott Grove and Ben Eller the best-botj are really good and explain shit well and are funny as fuck for the lessons they have on there.

Post last edited by hydromorphone at 2017-05-08T07:01:15.592438+00:00
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I want to learn the violin someday, but preferably not a dirty gypsy violin like yours.
    I play the amphetiphone and violent.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Hydro, you're not dead and using paragraphs and punctuation and shit. Something's got to be up.

I played bass in a band in highschool but was never very good. I'd like to learn to play piano at some point. My parents never made me do much as a kid and I'm grateful for that for the most part but the one thing I kinda wish they had pushed was some level of musical education. I enjoy consuming music and often wish I had the ability to engage with it on a more productive/creative level.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    ^ Same. Damn, I'm amazed you're alive.

If there was one instrument I'd like to learn it would probably be the keyboard or a synthesizer because of the versatility, but unfortunately Asperger's tends to cause a problem with fine motor skills, which is apparent by my handwriting, poor coordination, and other things, so I'm not sure I'd be able to.

Another thing is, it just takes so long to get good at it I'm not sure there would ever be a point where I'd be satisfied with anything I'd produce, when compared to what I could experience by listening to the greats. I remember in 5th grade or so I joined an art club after school and I would literally cry over this idea because nothing ever felt good enough. Sometimes I would just freeze up and be unable to produce anything because of this, because I couldn't think of anything worth producing with the skills I had at the time.

Being a human being is a fucking bummer. I want this to be over and become a cyborg already.
    You only just started playing? Damn, I need your job.
    Nothing is up, Lanlan. You fixed the site so when I post from my phone I don't have to edit paragraphs into it like before- I always wrote with paragraphs but your shit site would just block it up when I submitted. Several others complained and also vouched to that issue I was having back then. As soon as it was fixed paragraphs returned. Yay!

Yep... Alive. Still...

Ive been using playing as an outlet and a coping mechanism for my anxiety and stress. It helps a lot. I recommend you get a keyboard and try, so something.. Fuck a ukulele even is cheap and easy to learn on. Making Music is different than other types of art in that when you're making it you a few just in the moment and can enjoy what you're creating... At least that's how it is for me.

I got all my instruments cheap, if not paying a dime at all. There was... Things that happened that helped me aquire them. As for having the time... Well, I haven't been working much due to my health,but where ever I go I take the guitar or mandolin and play if I have free time or a break.
    Bass and keyboard me and sploo are starting a band you should add me on Facebook we are really serious about this music thing and we are looking for a pretty girl to join the band too :)
    I don't do Facebook, sorry.

As for a band... I play for my enjoyment but I doubt anyone else gets anything but annoyance from me playing atm lol.

Also... Sploo? You do realize I'd probably end up killing him in real life, right? I'm not like the girls he pesters and harasses and won't "find and adult" to complain or say "stooooooop" in a high pitched bitchy voice... I'd turn around and knock his lights out lol. Thanks for the invite though.
    Originally posted by hydromorphone I don't do Facebook, sorry.

As for a band… I play for my enjoyment but I doubt anyone else gets anything but annoyance from me playing atm lol.

Also… Sploo? You do realize I'd probably end up killing him in real life, right? I'm not like the girls he pesters and harasses and won't "find and adult" to complain or say "stooooooop" in a high pitched bitchy voice… I'd turn around and knock his lights out lol. Thanks for the invite though.

You should chill the fuck girl and live a little!, lol jk, facebook is lame though. But how do you keep in touch with people?. Don't tell me niggasin.space is your only social life?.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Hahaha, I was just reminded of that time §m£ÂgØL played his ukelele at the pond for geese. Casper told him he wanted to become his manager and debut his album "Tomaz and the Goose Pond". A barefoot schizophrenic hitchhiking latino ukelele playing hipster could be a modern indie star.

I'm gonna go to bed now and try to laugh myself to sleep at thoughts like this.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump You should chill the fuck girl and live a little!, lol jk, facebook is lame though. But how do you keep in touch with people?. Don't tell me niggasin.space is your only social life?.

Pretty much. If I talk to people besides here, I text or call them. No need for Fagbook. I did have one a long time ago but used it only to promote my raw milk/farm business essentially. I don't even remember my password it's been so long anymore.
    Originally posted by Malice Hahaha, I was just reminded of that time §m£ÂgØL played his ukelele at the pond for geese. Casper told him he wanted to become his manager and debut his album "Tomaz and the Goose Pond". A barefoot schizophrenic hitchhiking latino ukelele playing hipster could be a modern indie star.

I'm gonna go to bed now and try to laugh myself to sleep at thoughts like this.

He used to play for me sometimes. It helped me fall asleep when I couldn't. He's gotten a lot better than when he was when he started out.

I remember that though. He'd texted me before posting that here with a picture and everything. It was funny. Then he went all benzo bonkers and didn't want to talk to me every again suddenly...not much different than now really.
    Originally posted by hydromorphone He used to play for me sometimes. It helped me fall asleep when I couldn't. He's gotten a lot better than when he was when he started out.

I remember that though. He'd texted me before posting that here with a picture and everything. It was funny. Then he went all benzo bonkers and didn't want to talk to me every again suddenly…not much different than now really.

Thats what you get for giving your heart to someone thats not even a man.. If you were smart you would stick with me but I guess you just aren't ready for the real thing.

You couldn't handle my big heart anyways. You would let me down like all the rest. Youre just another part of the herd. Maybe I was wrong about you.

You are no queen of mine
    lol okay. I don't want to be queen of anything related to this stewing steaming pile of shit on nis lmfao thats cringy as fuck.

Post last edited by hydromorphone at 2017-05-08T15:36:37.298392+00:00
    Originally posted by hydromorphone lol okay. I don't want to be queen of anything related to this stewing steaming pile of shit on nis lmfao thats cringy as fuck.

T

Originally posted by hydromorphone lol okay. I don't want to be queen of anything related to this stewing steaming pile of shit on nis lmfao thats cringy as fuck.

The only instrument you play is the hairy cock you fat whore. Celibate my ass thats why you have a baby LOL
    bling bling Dark Matter
    who wonts to battle on th reel

choose ur wepon

the microfone ; beats ; or the wheelz of steel
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Dupe thread, though it was derailed by RisiR and this thread is much better.

https://niggasin.space/thread/9915

My response from there:

Excellent on drums and other percussive instruments. Though it sounds nerdy, I enjoyed band in school. Tenor drums in marching band, everything else in symphonic band. I tended to gravitate towards the timpani and snare, but enjoyed other things. I was decent at marimba/xylophone/etc. after I memorized the music, but I have room to improve in sight reading. I can sight read easily for the other percussion instruments, but melodic instruments took me a little longer to get the notes down. I had a drum set for several years that I enjoyed, but I no longer have it.

Piano, same as above. Proficient after memorizing the music, which is why I mainly play by ear.

Average on bass, though again, by ear or by tabs. Rudimentary on guitar. I have a few basic songs (by ear or originals), but lots of room to improve on technique and sight reading. I cheat with power chords and drop-D tuning.

I also dabbled a bit on the recorder in my young years.
    Who the hell dabbles on recorder
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump T

The only instrument you play is the hairy cock you fat whore. Celibate my ass thats why you have a baby LOL
Jump to Top