User Controls

Why do so many people suck at their job?

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    At least for sure in the hospitality food service I industry. I am always one of if not the fastest, most efficient, most productive worker no matter where I work, no matter how long I've worked there. Isn't that weird?

But then I come home and am lazy here, so I suck at not working, so I speak.

What's up with that?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    fanglekai Yung Blood
    need moar drugs
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Most people suck at most things, makes sense most people would suck at their jobs.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It is due to The Peter Principle. Which basically states everyone eventually gets promoted their level of Incompetence.
    Because most humans are fucking useless idiots that would die if left to their own accords. Not me though I am faster and stronger than anyone.
    RestStop Space Nigga
    TBH FAM that's because you care(at least to some degree)about being fair and actually earning the pay you receive...other people...no fucks given which actually makes them pretty shitty people.
    Maybe theyre all normal and youre an over acheiving faget
    there's two types of people, the people who realize they are at work for 8 hours and no matter what, recognize that and decide to at least try to do a decent job or have fun, and the people who just loathe doing anything at all because they refuse to accept the fact they are at work and just crave beer and weed all day trying to avert it
    cerakote African Astronaut
    i may not be the fastest worker, but i take pride in my work and do a good job. a couple of the other dishwashers where i work either halfass clean things or literally dont even try. like, one guy will just stick dirty plates that literally have not been washed in the same stack as clean plates. he'll hide dishes that he didnt want to wash in easily overlooked areas in the dish pit so when the chef goes back there to check him out for his shift, it appears hes done what he should and i get to be the one to go behind and unfuck all of it, for fear of having the blame passed to me. its not a hard job, and it sure isnt a glamorous one, but fuck if im not going to wash the bejeebus out of the dishes that get sent back to me. ill be damned if i get in trouble for doing a shit job, the faggot servers can wait to get their shitty plates. as long as im good with my boss, everyone else can suck 28 dicks
    That's good on you MQ. I have little respect for people who don't work hard at what they do or take pride in their work. If you can't do that, you're basically just a piece of shit who doesn't try at anything in life.
    To be fair you can go into every single workplace anywhere in the world and pick any worker at random and they will tell you that they are the backbone which holds the company together and without them the whole place goes to shit.

Every single person who works believe they are the best and most important person at their work, even if their managers and other coworkers don't see it
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by reject To be fair you can go into every single workplace anywhere in the world and pick any worker at random and they will tell you that they are the backbone which holds the company together and without them the whole place goes to shit.

Every single person who works believe they are the best and most important person at their work, even if their managers and other coworkers don't see it

I respectfully disagree.
    Do a survey
    infinityshock Black Hole
    Originally posted by mmQ At least for sure in the hospitality food service I industry. I am always one of if not the fastest, most efficient, most productive worker no matter where I work, no matter how long I've worked there. Isn't that weird?

But then I come home and am lazy here, so I suck at not working, so I speak.

What's up with that?

because work ethic has gone to shit from the constant indoctrination of the speshul snowflake generation to think they 'deserve' (*insert any triviality here.*) combine that with low wages and benefits due to excessively greedy CEOs and business owners, and it boils down to they just don't give a shit.
    Originally posted by greenplastic there's two types of people, the people who realize they are at work for 8 hours and no matter what, recognize that and decide to at least try to do a decent job or have fun, and the people who just loathe doing anything at all because they refuse to accept the fact they are at work and just crave beer and weed all day trying to avert it

WHy cant I be both?. Do tech at work and work circles around all those faggot, go home and smoke weed. Yall laughed at me but I have more money than you all
    Originally posted by reject To be fair you can go into every single workplace anywhere in the world and pick any worker at random and they will tell you that they are the backbone which holds the company together and without them the whole place goes to shit.

It's pretty fucking obvious who's a hard worker and who isn't. Like right now at my job I'm doing exactly the same as my co-workers because we are professionals and we're paid to fuck up mice and take notes. But at like a pizza joint or something all you gotta do is look for the guy who's always on his phone and then look for the guy who never stops moving and cleaning.

I honestly hated not doing anything at work. Don't get why people want to sit around like, ever. What a waste of existence. I literally don't even watch TV. If I do I'm either working or working out. Usually it's just kinda on in the background cause of the kids though.
    Originally posted by infinityshock because work ethic has gone to shit from the constant indoctrination of the speshul snowflake generation to think they 'deserve' (*insert any triviality here.*) combine that with low wages and benefits due to excessively greedy CEOs and business owners, and it boils down to they just don't give a shit.

Don't try to bring this to a generational thing. People have said this shit since we climbed down from the trees and society hasn't collapsed yet.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Discount Whore Don't try to bring this to a generational thing. People have said this shit since we climbed down from the trees and society hasn't collapsed yet.

barely
    Originally posted by aldra barely

This internet thing is pretty neat. And have you been to a grocery store lately?
    They are wheat whites
Jump to Top