User Controls

The Placebo Effect

Posted in another thread but I want to know your opinions.

_____

If there is a placebo test for cancer treatment with 100 participants. 50/50 sugar pill/active drug.

49 placebos get healed and 51 druggers are healed. Drug gets approved. What the fuck healed the other 49?

Placebo. The most powerful thing in the known universe. The human mind. There has never been a single study where the placebo didn't at least heal one participant.

Placebo isn't anything negative. It is the physical manifestation of willpower and the reason you are such a STD riddled AIDS faggot, Doug. You are mentally weak. You could never achieve Placebo.
    Pure bullshit. If willpower was some kind of supernatural force then we'd all be Jedi knights
    Originally posted by Horatio Abernathy Enter Wim Hof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wim_Hof

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4034215/

Originally posted by Fox Paws Pure bullshit. If willpower was some kind of supernatural force then we'd all be Jedi knights

Not all of us. Just the ones who master their mind.

It is scientifically proven, faggot. You are just a weak fuck.

"Once I'm in the ring, I'm a god. No one can beat me".

Every coach, fighter, etc. agree that fighting is "90%" mental. Placebo.
    what the fuck how did 51 people who took the drug get healed if there were only 100 participants and 50 got the drug? your test fails peer review
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Horatio Abernathy Not all of us. Just the ones who master their mind.

It is scientifically proven, faggot. You are just a weak fuck.

As I said in the other thread, let's give that guy cancer and see if he can cure himself.

Also please explain how I'm weak just for not believing in the same nonsense that you believe. I run a six minute mile, bench 260, and I've never been injured or seriously sick in my life. In fact if your bullshit theory held any water, I'd probably be a good example of it.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by greenplastic what the fuck how did 51 people who took the drug get healed if there were only 100 participants and 50 got the drug? your test fails peer review

Hahaha, true. The drug heals 50. Placebo 49. One of them is dies because hes a weak fuck. It's hypothetical, y'know.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws As I said in the other thread, let's give that guy cancer and see if he can cure himself.

Also please explain how I'm weak just for not believing in the same nonsense that you believe. I run a six minute mile, bench 260, and I've never been injured or seriously sick in my life. In fact if your bullshit theory held any water, I'd probably be a good example of it.

You are a good example you fucking idiot. What the fuck? Who made you achieve this? A drug or your mind?
    Wim Hof will not get cancer. That's his active decision and he works hard every day to achieve this. Mentally and physically.
    Originally posted by Horatio Abernathy You are a good example you fucking idiot. What the fuck? Who made you achieve this? A drug or your mind?

Good genes probably has a lot to do with it. Some people are just built better than others. That Wim Hof guy probably just has some kind of rare genetic trait, or combination of traits, that makes him exceptional.

And I'm not arguing that strong mental fortitude isn't a powerful thing, but you're basically saying that with enough training and willpower, you can cure any deadly diseases 100% of the time. It's fucking stupid.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws Good genes probably has a lot to do with it. Some people are just built better than others. That Wim Hof guy probably just has some kind of rare genetic trait, or combination of traits, that makes him exceptional.

And I'm not arguing that strong mental fortitude isn't a powerful thing, but you're basically saying that with enough training and willpower, you can cure any deadly diseases 100% of the time. It's fucking stupid.

Did you watch the documentary?

He gives courses and then climbs mountains in underwear with his students. It isn't him. He has proven it.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws And I'm not arguing that strong mental fortitude isn't a powerful thing, but you're basically saying that with enough training and willpower, you can cure any deadly diseases 100% of the time. It's fucking stupid.

I never said that. My "study" was just made up. You,on the other hand can not show me one study where the Placebo group didn't have some success.

Why does medicine not focus on that? Take a guess.
    Enter Mirin Dajo.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirin_Dajo
    Originally posted by Horatio Abernathy I never said that. My "study" was just made up. You,on the other hand can not show me one study where the Placebo group didn't have some success.

Why does medicine not focus on that? Take a guess.

So just to clarify, you're saying that even with extensive training, there are some people who will never be able to use the "placebo effect" to cure their own cancer?

I got a shitload of German videos on him but I can't find a good English one.
    Originally posted by Fox Paws So just to clarify, you're saying that even with extensive training, there are some people who will never be able to use the "placebo effect" to cure their own cancer?

I have absolutely no idea but probably not. A midget can train as extensively as he wants. He will never dunk on a 10' rim.

It feels to me like most people are mental midgets.
    Originally posted by Horatio Abernathy I have absolutely no idea but probably not. A midget can train as extensively as he wants. He will never dunk on a 10' rim.

It feels to me like most people are mental midgets.

So basically what you're saying is that if you don't have an inborn ability to use this "placebo effect" style mental power, then no amount of training or willpower will allow you to do these amazing things you mentioned.

In other words, it's no different from any other physical genetic trait like those that allow Olympic athletes to compete on a level much different than you or me. It's not a choice, it's being lucky enough to be born with the right genes.

How do you even know that you personally have this inborn ability? Maybe you're just kidding yourself.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    wen u smok weed 99$% of ur brain activates and it gives u special powers
Jump to Top