User Controls

Tell us about your books and reading habits

Zanick #2 Houston [my concurrently tip-tilted dermestidae]
    I have several bookcases full because I'm always buying books that are a good deal, like from used bookstores and such, but I lack the attention span to read more than a few chapters of anything that isn't for school. Not the worst thing, considering that I really need to focus on my coursework, but I'd really like to be able to speak intelligently on Blake's anarchism or Etruscan pottery. Philosophy is the largest genre because it's my major and I never get rid of thee textbooks, followed by history, then poetry, then novels, then new age bullshit.
    I haven't read a book cover to cover in almost 10 years, my ADD is too severe for that. Mostly I learn through conversations, skimming articles, pubmed, and introspection. The few times I've read every word of something was some weird psuedooccultist shit that tripped me out. I might be very mildly on the dyslexia spectrum which I've read (skimmed) also relates to criminality traits and ADD.

Guess which poster I am
    I collect books faster than I can read them. Mostly academic; I don't fuck with many novels. I haven't been reading as regularly as I'd like, but make time for at least an hour a week of something.

Originally posted by The Self Taught Man Guess which poster I am

Originally posted by The Self Taught Man

Post last edited by Ghost Prototype at 2017-04-18T17:30:50.375305+00:00
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by The Self Taught Man I haven't read a book cover to cover

i read book from cover to cover too.

from the outside.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    The internet is a modern variety of the great library at Alexandria. Who even needs physical books anymore?
    I'd quite like to have a Kindle or summin like that. As long as the screens are cool and have built in f.lux to adapt the screen to the time of day. Last book I read was more than a year ago, I started reading again and getting books from the library but I lost the books and now have like a £40 fine.

I think it was a Street Cat Named Bob or it's sequel
    Dionysus Houston
    Highly erratic. I read a whole book this week in one sitting, but before that was chipping away at something else over 3 weeks. Generally I read allot though.
    Originally posted by Sophie The internet is a modern variety of the great library at Alexandria. Who even needs physical books anymore?

True as for content. But to me reading a book is more immerse than reading a PDF or HTML document.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I go through phases of buying more books than I can read, then realizing it was dumb and not buying another for a year or two to catch up. When I was younger I had pretty narrow interests and would read continuously for hours and hours but these days I've turned into more of a chapter a night kind of reader.

Last book I finished was Ficciones by Borges.
Jump to Top