User Controls

Finally bought stalker soc

Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    This is one of those threads, post up ya mods nigs
    Gonna play unpatched/unmodded for a while(maybe complete the game) to build up some skill, I watched some soldiers at a checkpoint kill some loners and stole their mp5s/aks so I've got some good weaponry, still like the mak pb though.
    Do a shot every time you find a vodka, two shots when you get to dark valley. You should try to get to dark valley tonight, its after the research institute though but I find this first "leg" of the game to be the longest with lots of cutscenes and bullshit.

Once you get to dark valley and have full bar access the game feels much more open because from there you can fuck off to army warehouse and start doing missions for freedom, much better weapons but you won't get ammo until after agroprom.

Get spark and battery artifacts those are the best for early game
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Best part of the game is when your have to raid a bandit outpost to get some documents and you find the vodka stash I always drink it all try to snipe them from the roof and survive the fall off the roof and fight my way drunken to safety.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    It's late so I'll continue in the morning, had a lot of fun so far, want me the VSS sniper though.
    Also my aiming seems to shift from point to point, I find it hard to line up headshots cause it'll go from one side of the guys head to the other, not sure if it's cause I'm using a shitty pistol or what, advice?
    It's unpatched so I'm having a little bit easier time with a stalker suit instead of the merc one from the loft in the rookie village.
    Doing assassination missions right now on rookies.
    Originally posted by Number13 It's late so I'll continue in the morning, had a lot of fun so far, want me the VSS sniper though.
    Also my aiming seems to shift from point to point, I find it hard to line up headshots cause it'll go from one side of the guys head to the other, not sure if it's cause I'm using a shitty pistol or what, advice?
    It's unpatched so I'm having a little bit easier time with a stalker suit instead of the merc one from the loft in the rookie village.
    Doing assassination missions right now on rookies.

Headshots with a pistol LOL... Not the makarov?.. haha you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing. Stalker has really realistic gun physics, the viper and AKM are pretty fucking innacurate even on single shot fully crouched down I don't always pull off headshots. actual AK and obokan are where its at. Pistols are shit for accuracy generally but there is a pistol you get I forget the name, the army guys carry it, its pretty decent accuracy and has good sights.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Headshots with a pistol LOL… Not the makarov?.. haha you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with that thing. Stalker has really realistic gun physics, the viper and AKM are pretty fucking innacurate even on single shot fully crouched down I don't always pull off headshots. actual AK and obokan are where its at. Pistols are shit for accuracy generally but there is a pistol you get I forget the name, the army guys carry it, its pretty decent accuracy and has good sights.

Best suppressed weapon I've got right now, the makarov with the permanent one, it's less about the gun accuracy and more that I can't get the sights on their head.

o[x]o like it'll shift between the o's << but not the x and the x is what I need to hit.

Also I've had to kill a few pseudodogs and that shit is hard they just run away and don't die.
    I bought the stalker three pack on steam five years ago and still haven't played it. I need to play it.
    Originally posted by Hash Slinging Slasher I bought the stalker three pack on steam five years ago and still haven't played it. I need to play it.

I've seen quite a few videos on it but it feels so much better to play it yourself, you should boot it up and play for an hour.
    BonerSoup Yung Blood
    I just got it today. I'm really enjoying the nilla shit.
    playing clear sky now.
    Made it to the garbage and helped Bes by fragging the shit out of the bandits attacking, grenades are op as shit, not sure where to go from here cause I stored a shit load of stuff in a cubicle there and I really just want to sell it.
    Does storage reset or is that safe?
    Also wanted to add a weapon attachment mod and a mak reskin but not sure how to, I'm real new to modding except on half life which was easy as shit.
    Grenada!. Storage is static you can make stashes all over
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Grenada!. Storage is static you can make stashes all over

That's good shit, only bad thing is that I don't know where the nearest settlement is yet so I don't know if that little office is a good place to store shit even if nothing is destroyed.

Haven't played since though still thinking about a few more retex mods but not sure which to get
    The next place is the bar you should try to make it there thats when the game really opens up

Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump Do a shot every time you find a vodka, two shots when you get to dark valley. You should try to get to dark valley tonight, its after the research institute though but I find this first "leg" of the game to be the longest with lots of cutscenes and bullshit.

Once you get to dark valley and have full bar access the game feels much more open because from there you can fuck off to army warehouse and start doing missions for freedom, much better weapons but you won't get ammo until after agroprom.

Get spark and battery artifacts those are the best for early game
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump The next place is the bar you should try to make it there thats when the game really opens up

Yah I remember the job guy saying about the bar but I'm supposed to go to some place first to get a document.
    Heard there's an arena at some point might do all of that
    fuick arena just kil the aermy guyss
    Esplender Tuskegee Airman [my gynecological profit-maximising katar]
    AH NUUUUUUUU
    А ну, чики-брики и в дамки
    Originally posted by Number13 Made it to the garbage and helped Bes by fragging the shit out of the bandits attacking, grenades are op as shit, not sure where to go from here cause I stored a shit load of stuff in a cubicle there and I really just want to sell it.
    Does storage reset or is that safe?
    Also wanted to add a weapon attachment mod and a mak reskin but not sure how to, I'm real new to modding except on half life which was easy as shit.

I was playing the fallout 3 point lookout dlc and I stored all my unique weapons in Desmond's house and it got blown up and all my shit was gone forever

I was so fucking pissed, I collected unique weapons on that game so I ended up restarting the whole damn game
Jump to Top