User Controls

What's this hash?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    xwEFNFAeTJMGRLw2ozlKnQ/gLIjerAJ+PPBgcws/Kg/6G7ipG66oi8cBBTRQHkyTBkS8NqM5Sp0P4CyI3qwCfjzwYHMLPyoPewnH0sijUg0=

Last part looks like base64, but it decodes into nothing intelligible, hash identifier can't tell either nor can any online solution. Looks like some type of user/salt/pass/whatever scheme. It originates from an MSSQL DB.
    What are you asking me for, you know I didn't take computer science III
    Originally posted by Hash Slinging Slasher What are you asking me for, you know I didn't take computer science III

Did lol. I didn't take any COMPSCI FYI.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    probably base64, you can tell because base64 uses = for padding and it's padded to a multiple of 3.

base64 is used to be able to store and transfer non-printable symbols to save them being lost or having to be escaped in transmission, the implication being that the original text contains nonstandard characters - it's likely a hash or encoded data that's been converted to base64 for ease of transmission
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    any more detail on what it is? field header, code that uses it etc.
    MY FRIEN GIVE ME HASH I SMOKED ALL LOL
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra any more detail on what it is? field header, code that uses it etc.

A password. Came from some ASP.NET site with an MSSQL DB that's all i know.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Please keep off topic posts to the general forums. Next nigger to make a hash joke or otherwise bring nothing to the thread gets a ban.

Originally posted by aldra probably base64, you can tell because base64 uses = for padding and it's padded to a multiple of 3.

base64 is used to be able to store and transfer non-printable symbols to save them being lost or having to be escaped in transmission, the implication being that the original text contains nonstandard characters - it's likely a hash or encoded data that's been converted to base64 for ease of transmission

This seems reasonable, it doesn't decode to anything obvious. If it's salted then the salt needs to be stored separately, either concatenated with the hash with some delimiter between or in a different field.

Also the use of + and / give you a little information, since the output character set of B64 encoding is not fixed not all encoders will produce output with those characters in it. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64#Variants_summary_table
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    bling bling Dark Matter
    y do u keep makeing many threads wot is this shsh wot is this hshs but u never even put a pic i fink u are agent
    Originally posted by Lanny Please keep off topic posts to the general forums. Next nigger to make a hash joke or otherwise bring nothing to the thread gets a ban.

This seems reasonable, it doesn't decode to anything obvious. If it's salted then the salt needs to be stored separately, either concatenated with the hash with some delimiter between or in a different field.

Also the use of + and / give you a little information, since the output character set of B64 encoding is not fixed not all encoders will produce output with those characters in it. See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Base64#Variants_summary_table

I tried like 5 different char sets still unintelligible. I have enlisted some people i know beyond NIS, we are on the case! Good info though thanks.
    Apparently if you Convert.ToBase64String(Byte[]) you get back a plain string. If you want to convert that to a Byte array you can via a number of strategies using the System.Text.Encoding class.

Someone do this, IDK how. ASP.NET functions, i don't have that shit installed.

Post last edited by Sophie at 2017-04-01T18:12:56.683223+00:00
    Make it permanent. Like your father's death.

LOL.

Wasn't hash related but I think it was a zinger.
    The Lan Man does not make idle threats.
    Originally posted by lantiqua87 OHHHH DIS NIGGA JUS MADE A OFF TOPIC POST BAN COMINNG

I'm a mod, i'm immune to bans.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Posts deleted. Next off topic is a 24h ban. Make a thread in PEEO or something if you want to be publicly butthurt.
    ALT Yung Blood
    Originally posted by aldra probably base64, you can tell because base64 uses = for padding and it's padded to a multiple of 3.

I agree with that. It's probably base64. Padded. Keep in mind to encode nonstandard characters.

Huh?
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    So this is just some entry with a SQL database? It could be anything.

Does it ever change at anytime or is it static? Is something that each user/account has(assuming)? If you see multiple entries, are they all the same length?

/+= Seem to be the only non beta-numeric characters.

Originally posted by bling bling i fink u are agent

Post last edited by SBTlauien at 2017-04-04T06:24:52.315380+00:00
    bling bling Dark Matter
    prob lehmon shsh
    mehboy Yung Blood
    If MSSQL database was hosting ASP.NET website, it is possibly SHA-1 salted with Base64.
    bling bling Dark Matter
    whats it smell liek dus it smell tuff g
Jump to Top