User Controls

Salvia Divinorum

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    US legality
    Main article: Legal status of Salvia divinorum in the United States

National legislation for amendment of the Controlled Substances Act to place salvinorin A and Salvia divinorum in Schedule I at the federal level in the United States was proposed in 2002 by Representative Joe Baca (D- California). Those opposed to bill HR 5607 include Daniel Siebert, who sent a letter to Congress arguing against the proposed legislation,[137] and the Center for Cognitive Liberty and Ethics (CCLE), who sent key members of the US Congress a report on Salvia divinorum and its active principle,[4] along with letters from an array of scientists who expressed concern that scheduling Salvia divinorum would negatively impact important research on the plant. The bill did not pass.[138][139][140]

Although salvia is not regulated under the Controlled Substances Act, some American states, including Alabama, Delaware, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Missouri, Ohio, Texas and others, have passed their own laws.[18][141][142] Several other states have proposed legislation against salvia, including Alaska, California, Florida, Iowa, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, and Pennsylvania. Many of these proposals have not made it into law, with motions having failed, stalled or otherwise died, for example at committee review stages.[126][127]

Where individual state legislation does exist, it varies from state to state in its prohibitive degree.[126]

Salvia divinorum is considered a Schedule 9 prohibited plant in Australia under the Poisons Standard (October 2015).[135] A schedule 9 drug is outlined in the Poisons Act 1964 as "Substances which may be abused or misused, the manufacture, possession, sale or use of which should be prohibited by law except when required for medical or scientific research, or for analytical, teaching or training purposes with approval of the CEO."[136]

In the United Kingdom, following a local newspaper story in October 2005,[131] a parliamentary Early Day Motion was raised calling for Salvia divinorum to be banned there. However, it only received 11 signatures.[132] A second motion raised in October 2008 attracted 18 signatures,[133] and it was reported that Mann had also written to Jacqui Smith, then Home Secretary. The Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs, the independent body that advises UK government on drugs, was asked to investigate further.[134]

<TOTSE TEXT FILES> A couple of nights ago I purchased some Salvia 40x, the 40x referring to the potency.(40 times extract) I also picked up a Butane lighter because the chemical Salvinorum-A generally needs a higher temperature flame to burn.

"Physical insignificance in an uncomprehensibly 'un-physical' universe."

I smoked it out of a pipe.
    I saw myself, from somewhere else.
    I saw what might have been the fabric of time as it is known to our unconscious mind.(don't laugh...I'm not joking)
    It had a voice.
    I tried to *move?* 'on my own' where I was then.
    It/they told me that what I was doing was not allowed and I had to stay where I was(where my percieved/seen self was at).
    I argued with it.
    I fought with it...mentally/physically...I am not sure how exactly.
    I physically felt as if I were attempting to rip myself out of something, and even more strongly like I was being 'smooshed'/'closed' back into that same thing.
    It lasts approx. 15 minutes, during which time you are....involved in something way bigger than where you are physically right then.

There is more but this is already more than anyone might believe without experiencing it.
    I saw more than I am quite ready to believe.

I do NOT recommend any one try this just because someone says they should, it should only be tried if you are mentally READY TO SEE what your mind shows you."

When I become leader of the world I'm guna make it a rite of passage when you turn 18 to take a massive rip of DMT. Become an adult, see the truth.

The weak will not survive.
    Holy plant. If you can grow/sell cuttings you should do it. It's like peyote, it will not spread unless a large number of humans take efforts to cultivate and multiply the plant.

I had a line on cuttings from out east and I was gonna study them and figure out the best way to grow them at home. I had a perfect spot outdoors shaded by my plum trees and I could hook up a mist sprinkler to the branches, it was the perfect spot (at the crackshack).

Since then it has been outlawed in my state. Maybe it will be legal once cannabis is legalized

Originally posted by reject When I become leader of the world I'm guna make it a rite of passage when you turn 18 to take a massive rip of DMT. Become an adult, see the truth.

The weak will not survive.

My DMT experience didn't stand out that much to me. I've had way stronger experiences from mescaline, tech and bundy.
    Originally posted by -SpectraL

FTFY
    ... can induce a state or feeling to a person that she or he is able to "communicate with other intelligent-life forms" (see "Machine Elves"). High doses of DMT produce a hallucinatory state that involves sense of "another intelligence" that people sometimes describe as "super-intelligent", but "emotionally detached".[13]

In 1995 Adolf Dittrich and Daniel Lamparter did a study where they found that DMT induced altered state of consciousness (ASC) is strongly influenced by habitual, rather than situative factors. In the study researchers used three dimensions of the APZ questionnaire to describe ASC (rating scales of ASC). First, oceanic boundlessness (OB) refers to dissolution of ego boundaries mostly associated with positive emotions.[14] Second, anxious ego-dissolution (AED) includes disorder of thoughts, loss of autonomy and self-control and third, visionary restructuralization (VR) that includes auditory and visual illusions, hallucinations.[15] Results showed strong effects within first and third dimensions for all conditions, especially DMT and suggested strong intrastability of elicited reactions independently of the condition for the OB and VR scales.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Ya I smoked some of that .
    For some reason I could not keep my pants on.
    Its like an out of body experience that you can watch but you can't control.
    Fucked up shit that I don't want to do again.
    I would rather eat 9 grams of shrooms and sit in a closet for 9 hours than smoke Salvia.
    It didn't sit well with me.
    WTF salvia is NOT DMT.
    Jesuschrist its in MINt family.
    LOL
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Its chief active psychoactive constituent is a structurally unique diterpenoid called salvinorin A,[10][11] a potent κ-opioid and D2 receptor agonist.[12] Salvia divinorum is generally understood to be of low toxicity (high LD50)[13][14] and low addictive potential[15][16] since it is a κ-opioid agonist and it has been indicated that κ-opioid agonist activation of the kappa opioid receptor as shown by salvia may, in fact, serve as a potent addiction treatment therapy.[17

The known active constituent of Salvia divinorum is a trans-neoclerodane diterpenoid known as salvinorin A (chemical formula C23H28O8).[54] This compound is present in the dried plant at about 0.18%.[28]

Salvinorin A is not an alkaloid, (meaning it does not contain a basic nitrogen), unlike most known opioid receptor ligands.[55] Salvinorin A is the first documented diterpene hallucinogen.[39] Similar to many psychoactive herbs, Salvia divinorum synthesizes and excretes its active constituent (salvinorin A) via trichomes, of the peltate-glandular morphology, located just beneath the cuticle (subcuticular) layer.[56][57]

Other terpenoids have been isolated from Salvia divinorum, including other salvinorins and related compounds named divinatorins and salvinicins.[61

Gordon Wasson tentatively postulated that the plant could be the mythological pipiltzintzintli, the "Noble Prince" of the Aztec codices.[3][26] Wasson's speculation has been the subject of further debate amongst ethnobotanists, with some scepticism coming from Leander J. Valdés,[27] and counterpoints more supportive of Wasson's theory from Jonathan Ott.[28]

Aside from individual reported experiences there has been a limited amount of published work summarising salvia divinorum effects. D.M. Turner's book Salvinorin—The Psychedelic Essence of Salvia Divinorum quotes Daniel Siebert's summarisation, mentioning that the effects may include:[78]

Uncontrollable laughter
    Past memories, such as revisiting places from childhood memory
    Sensations of motion, or being pulled or twisted by forces
    Visions of membranes, films, various two-dimensional surfaces, and fractal patterns
    Merging with or becoming objects
    Overlapping realities, such as the perception of being in several locations at once

There also may be synesthetic experiences.[79] Glossolalia (speaking in tongues) has been reported by Reason magazine.[74]

A survey of salvia users found that 38% described the effects as unique in comparison to other methods of altering consciousness. 23% said the effects were like yoga, meditation or trance.[80]

One firsthand journalistic account has been published in the UK science magazine New Scientist (note: the dose for this experience was not reported):

The salvia took me on a consciousness-expanding journey unlike any other I have ever experienced. My body felt disconnected from 'me' and objects and people appeared cartoonish, surreal and marvellous. Then, as suddenly as it had begun, it was over. The visions vanished and I was back in my bedroom. I spoke to my 'sitter'—the friend who was watching over me, as recommended on the packaging—but my mouth was awkward and clumsy. When I attempted to stand my coordination was off. Within a couple of minutes, however, I was fine and clear-headed, though dripping with sweat. The whole experience had lasted less than 5 minutes.
    — Gaia 2006-09-29 (UK Media)

The identity of another mysterious Aztec entheogen, namely that of poyomatli, has also been suggested as being Salvia divinorum.[29] Here too there are other candidate plants, notably Cacahuaxochitl (Quararibea funebris),[30] again suggesting that there is no consensus.
    Etymology

le (subcuticular) layer.[56][57]
    You and scrump should get a room and talk teck.
    Originally posted by AngryOnion WTF salvia is NOT DMT.
    Jesuschrist its in MINt family.
    LOL

It's a dissociative like bundy
    Originally posted by -SpectraL https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salvia_divinorum

FTFY.
    BTW, Wikipedia is not a valid source.
    ITT Billy Boy shows everyone what a great addition he is to any online community by pasting a wall text from Wikipedia.
    He has opened up a discussion on a sacred herb on a legacy forum during Zaint Zattex day the holiest time of the year, thats more than your crappy gifs will ever accomplish.
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump He has opened up a discussion on a sacred herb on a legacy forum during Zaint Zattex day the holiest time of the year, thats more than your crappy gifs will ever accomplish.

If I had any respect for you I might worry about your shitty opinion. But you have my number, why don't yo call me and tell me how you really feel kiddo.
    Originally posted by Darth Beaver If I had any respect for you I might worry about your shitty opinion. But you have my number, why don't yo call me and tell me how you really feel kiddo.

No i dont have it and you aren't worth the effort to go digging for it either
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    cerakote African Astronaut
    where do i buy salvia that isnt the internet
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump No i dont have it and you aren't worth the effort to go digging for it either

You have it now bucko. What's your new excuse?
    bling bling Dark Matter
    can u get clons from a headshop i seen one it had all cactuses for decoration in the window
    Originally posted by Darth Beaver ITT Billy Boy shows everyone what a great addition he is to any online community by pasting a wall text from Wikipedia.

You don't scare me.
    Originally posted by bling bling can u get clons from a headshop i seen one it had all cactuses for decoration in the window

They aren't very common
Jump to Top