User Controls

NO AGENDA DAY

live now take a listen

http://adam.curry.com/html/NoAgendaStreamandCha-1414965812.html
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by SCronaldo_J_Trump live now take a listen

Ronaldo, Wasn't Adam Curry one of the investors of MTV? Or at least the first VJ which were given stocks in it. Why that matters is, their image music lead to the death of loving music from the soul rather than the vanity of a person beauty or image. I'm not going to get preachy with fire and brimstone stuff. or pull verses out of a holy book (which is just rules of common sense). I'm saying that MTV started off pretty great with great music from people who were not about image (because they were using musical promos as Music Videos") and this lead to the death of good music. He's apart of the establishment that help destroy music as apart of what art meant to an individual which is apart of the establishment telling corporate musicians what to play and how to play it. People sell out. and when 28 was the prime youthful age of a seasoned musician in the day (though they did have young pop stars) the average age today is around 19-20 and they're very corporate programmed. this has been a fight in the musical scene for decades until older establish musicians said "fuck it.. I'm making my gold too" and now music has a product endorsement lobbying behind it. Is adam curry playing the Prodigal child who learned his lesson and preaches it to others or is he shilling?
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    ^he's not shilling he just honestly was one guy, one small part of the entire machine that was mtv. Plus like you said it was a different time then.

I used to watch mtv as a kid when i was like 7 but mainly for beavis and butthead and liquid television was cool

but yeah id watch mtv before going to school as a kid but the music was a lot better, stuff like sound garden, smashing pumpkins, the melvins.. ect
    I'm new to adam curry / no agenda, and while he does talk about national news and you could possibly see him as a shill, but he also does talk about a lot of local/ central texas stuff and I get the feel by what he says that he's actually genuine.
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I'm new to adam curry / no agenda, and while he does talk about national news and you could possibly see him as a shill, but he also does talk about a lot of local/ central texas stuff and I get the feel by what he says that he's actually genuine.

Call him up and say you met someone who said MTV literally intended to ef up music with the deliberate insertion of the video "Video killed the radio star" which wasn't just a gimmick but seemed like corporate attempt at controlling what the mass thinks it wants to hear. Originally for me it seemed like adding visuals in the early days of musical TV (which there were a few others experimenting prior to MTV) was an art form. but clearly it turned into a system which could control pulse buying behavior to that of subliminal messaging. I mean music puts your mind in a state of hypnosis as does sports and other mediums that require a person to feel as if they're taking part in the act. perfect time to push patterns into peoples minds.
    ^if i called him up and said that he would probably call me a trite try hard.. what you're telling me now is nothing new or anything that we don't already know about.

How about you call him up? and while you're at it call up alex jones and tell him he stole your journalism
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby ^if i called him up and said that he would probably call me a trite try hard.. what you're telling me now is nothing new or anything that we don't already know about.

How about you call him up? and while you're at it call up alex jones and tell him he stole your journalism

Yes, tell him, I know this before, but try being a patient host and don't be so smug and explain again why you took part in this and if you had intentions of doing so. Anyone can change! so I'm not demonizing him, and he was young.. Yet just work in a question creatively and ask him "Was there intent at the time to purposely commercialize music when it was not considered "Selling out" at the time and if he wished there was at least some kind of enhancement to reduce the radicalization of controlled media which it became.

I can already tell his ego shows signs that he's only in this for the attention and the trend of whatever flavor it is of the day and not to correct the problems these corporate scum got us into.

and for the record I am not anti Capitalist. but this is more than profits and shareholders worth and gains. it's about manipulating society for a small group in a secret society with their intents for their own self interest.
    Yeah he definitely is a jackass as far as interrupting people.. I honestly think he can't help himself. (you're talking about alex jones right?)
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Totse 2001 Ronaldo, Wasn't Adam Curry one of the investors of MTV? Or at least the first VJ which were given stocks in it. Why that matters is, their image music lead to the death of loving music from the soul rather than the vanity of a person beauty or image. I'm not going to get preachy with fire and brimstone stuff. or pull verses out of a holy book (which is just rules of common sense). I'm saying that MTV started off pretty great with great music from people who were not about image (because they were using musical promos as Music Videos") and this lead to the death of good music. He's apart of the establishment that help destroy music as apart of what art meant to an individual which is apart of the establishment telling corporate musicians what to play and how to play it. People sell out. and when 28 was the prime youthful age of a seasoned musician in the day (though they did have young pop stars) the average age today is around 19-20 and they're very corporate programmed. this has been a fight in the musical scene for decades until older establish musicians said "fuck it.. I'm making my gold too" and now music has a product endorsement lobbying behind it. Is adam curry playing the Prodigal child who learned his lesson and preaches it to others or is he shilling?

He was also the first to register MTV.com and got in lots of legal hot water for it. You should check out No Agenda its all about deconstructing big media, alternate universes and disinformation. No agenda keeps me sane from MSM which makes me sick to my stomach with their lies.
    its no agenda day

It sure is I woke up right on time
Jump to Top