User Controls

This is basically a totse themed cargo cult.

Like tribal folks made airstrips that looked sort of like the real thing on south pacific islands after WWII, we make each successive website look like totse in the hopes that the almighty spirits that once dropped off twinkies and relevant information will once again return to us... and it never really happens. We're basically worshiping an idea that doesn't exist anymore, trying to keep something alive that very clearly died. I mean I can't fault any of us any more than I can fault actual cargo cultists, but it's what we are essentially: an isolated community of web dwellers who witnessed something amazing, which disappeared, and now we try to emulate it as best we can hoping it'll be like it was.

I'm pretty sure it'll never be like it was. It's interesting to watch unfold though.
    benny vader YELLOW GHOST
    Originally posted by Phoenix Like tribal folks made airstrips that looked sort of like the real thing on south pacific islands after WWII, we make each successive website look like totse in the hopes that the almighty spirits that once dropped off twinkies and relevant information will once again return to us… and it never really happens. We're basically worshiping an idea that doesn't exist anymore, trying to keep something alive that very clearly died. I mean I can't fault any of us any more than I can fault actual cargo cultists, but it's what we are essentially: an isolated community of web dwellers who witnessed something amazing, which disappeared, and now we try to emulate it as best we can hoping it'll be like it was.

I'm pretty sure it'll never be like it was. It's interesting to watch unfold though.

&T is and will never be dead and I'll tell you why :

&T was never an individual organism, but a species of organism.

TOTSE IS TO INTERNET AND THE COMMUNITY WHAT MITOCHONDRIA IS TO HOMO SAPIENS.

It lives within some of us that carries it. Those of us that has an idea of what free speeches are and still have a memory, faint or otherwise .... that congresses shall male no laww ......

have this special strain of mtdna.

i .... have this mtdna.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    It could easily be exactly what it was, but that would require actual work, a solid plan, and a direction. The reason the legend doesn't return is not because it can't. Jeff's TTFN was completely incorrect. In fact, the truth of it is exactly opposite to what Jeff personally concluded. In reality, there are practically no communities on the entire Internet which offer anything of actual worth. Sure, there are various discussion platforms and topical areas where content of worth is offered, but they are woefully few and far between. No, the actual issue here is that every single admin since Totse has been incredibly intent on creating a spam-filled, worthless, chaotic, drama-filled, fun house, not a revisited version of Totse at all. Sure, they slapped the Totse moniker right on there without even a second thought, but they never had any intention whatsoever of following through on the substance of what made Totse the legend it really was. No, the fault is not a lack of need for arcane information. The fault is not that you can now find any information you want anywhere, which is not true at all. The fault is much more local than that. There is no mission statement of knowledge is power here, so don't pretend there is. How can you relive the glory days of Totse, when there is no intention whatsoever of giving that possibility even the slightest chance? The dream was dead on arrival straight out of the gate!

At the end, even zok had to agree with my findings. We discussed, and we opined, and we debated, and in the end, even he had to admit I was absolutely right. He finally admitted that he never had any intention of revisiting the situations which made the Totse nation as great as it was. It was just "his place", that's all. That's what Lanny wants, too. "His place". You see, it's not really about Totse with these, but most will not even admit that, it's really about themselves. A self-centered, greedy, single-minded passion to satiate themselves. They're not interested in giving, they're interested in taking. And sure, they can wave the Totse banner around and play the part, but in truth, they're nothing but takers and fakers, as far as the Totse ideals go. Truth hurts, but that's it, folks. And that is also the main reason I am so hated, because I simply tell the truth.
    Ajax African Astronaut [rumor the placative aphakia]
    Labels are definitions and definitions are limits. You can't define me.
    NARCassist gollums fat coach
    its like acid house post criminal justice bill.
Jump to Top