User Controls

Stopping nuclear warming

Cowboy2013 African Astronaut
    When Trump was presenting his facts to refute climate change to Elon he said the greater concern was nuclear warming.

Not sure what that means but I am against nuclear power while still believing in climate change. The power companies always talk about how it will be cheaper but it never is. And it just releases radioactive material into the air water and soil. If they start building more nuclear reactors it's guaranteed we will have multiple meltdowns and kill a shitload of people (quicker than it would otherwise).

It's a scam. I would be surprised if Trump or Elon was against nuclear power unless they own some parts of coal companies or something. This incoherent nonsense was probably something he meant to come across as anti-war or something. But yeah fuck nuclear power.
    When they talk about it being more affordable they mean for the power companies. All it means for us is higher cancer rates if you live near it and your life constantly being in danger.
    the man who put it in my hood Black Hole [miraculously counterclaim my golf]
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 All it means for us is higher cancer rates if you live near it and your life constantly being in danger.

Source?

Nuclear Energy is the safest/cleanest form of energy. There is no denying this
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Nuclear energy is simply boiling water to make steam pressure. The rods are filled with nuclear material, submerged in a vat of water, and the steam is utilized to create energy. Not much different than the boilers they use on ships and trains. Totally harmless, under the proper conditions.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole
    The flora and fauna around Chernobyl are more prolific today than before the meltdown.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker The flora and fauna around Chernobyl are more prolific today than before the meltdown.

Less humans = a good thing. The area around Chernobyl is gorgeous and has things like wild horses, wolves and elk just walking around.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Source?

Nuclear Energy is the safest/cleanest form of energy. There is no denying this

There have been tests around these things showing tritium levels higher the closer you get to them along with corresponding lung cancer rates and other things. Of course these aren't popular anymore. You probably can't post about them anywhere on social media without it being shadowbanned or refuted by fact checking bots with no facts.

In recent history it was mainstream to talk about how bad nuclear power was. There was a satirical commercial in GTA San Andreas. And I watched a 2012 movie called Night Moves where some environmentalist fucktards blew up a hydroelectric dam and one of the older environmentalists was wondering what kind of fucktard would do this when it would just be replaced by something worse like a nuclear reactor.

But it's a new day and now we can't say this because we're thinking about profits for energy companies now.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 There have been tests around these things showing tritium levels higher the closer you get to them along with corresponding lung cancer rates and other things. Of course these aren't popular anymore. You probably can't post about them anywhere on social media without it being shadowbanned or refuted by fact checking bots with no facts.

In recent history it was mainstream to talk about how bad nuclear power was. There was a satirical commercial in GTA San Andreas. And I watched a 2012 movie called Night Moves where some environmentalist fucktards blew up a hydroelectric dam and one of the older environmentalists was wondering what kind of fucktard would do this when it would just be replaced by something worse like a nuclear reactor.

But it's a new day and now we can't say this because we're thinking about profits for energy companies now.

You and Obbe you get a room, a padded one preferably.
    Originally posted by Speedy Parker The flora and fauna around Chernobyl are more prolific today than before the meltdown.

Did you buy some discounted land in Nevada to live on and for your restaurant? Maybe this is why you look like a ghoul from Fallout...
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 Did you buy some discounted land in Nevada to live on and for your restaurant? Maybe this is why you look like a ghoul from Fallout…

I can promise you won't live as long as they do though. I think they're trying to glamorize it.
    Elbow African Astronaut
    I didn't watch the interview but I'd like to imagine this was a tongue-in-cheek way of alluding to nuclear war. Things get pretty warm at ground zero. That's the only way it makes sense to me, anyway. Extremely possible he was just talking out of his ass tho.
    Speedy Parker Black Hole
    Originally posted by Cowboy2013 I can promise you won't live as long as they do though. I think they're trying to glamorize it.

You can't promise anything. That is nothing more than an uninformed opinion.
    Elbow African Astronaut
    Also if you're worried about climate change it's silly to hate nuclear. Nuclear is great for the climate. Mostly because it's not fossil fuels. And if the climate's your concern, who cares if it's more expensive than coal? The only emissions you gotta worry about with nuclear are the CO2 released from the concrete as it cures during construction, which is basically a problem for any large modern infrastructure project. It has all of the upsides of fossil fuels without any of the emissions downsides. Dead simple too. Hot rock make water boil.

Burning coal and natural gas/oil is also far, far more polluting than nuclear. Like, orders of magnitude worse for people's health historically speaking. Just awful. Nuclear doesn't contaminate anything outside of disaster scenarios, and we shouldn't let the problems retarded soviets predictably ran into dissuade us. It's a technology we should be far more interested in developing than we are as a species, and especially as a society. 😤
    Originally posted by Donald Trump Less humans = a good thing. The area around Chernobyl is gorgeous and has things like wild horses, wolves and elk just walking around.

thats not how to use the word prolific
    It takes three times more fossil fuels, and pollutes five times as much, to create batteries than to just use fossil fuels from the get-go. The clowns have brainwashed all the idiots to think batteries and solar panels and windmills are cleaner, when the truth is that they are way worse for the environment than fossil fuels. It's Clown World, folks. A world run by real-life clowns.
    Chemical batteries seem very shitty to me. Especially lithium ion which require their own specialized production chain and although the process is essentially infinitely scalable and 1 space rock of pure lithium will make back humanities investment 10,000x over but it still seems unwise to me to have so many devices unable to function off anything except battery

Once that phone battery runs out of charge cycles or your old pocket man 9 volt battery explodes in your desk drawer and eats through your legal documents I dunno man people always talk about how we need better battery technology but isn't there a way to store electricity to be discharged later using metal plates and copper woundings or some shit? I'm not a battery expert

But this whole turning chemicals into energy and then storing the energy in chemical mediums seems very low tech to me
    You can already buy sodium ion batteries on ali express. I haven't played around with them yet, but they should be an amazing technology as sodium is easily extracted from salt.
Jump to Top